Shooters - Amherst

Last edited:
So I see several people mentioning SKS’s but will the staff let us buy them?

I’ve tried three times on three separate days and three separate rifles and the Hooksett staff gave me three different reasons why they wouldn’t sell it to me.

Can Mass residents buy them in this store?

Just to piggy-back on Hetzers question a bit..does it matter if the MA resident has a C&R? Ive recently come across some listings online where people will not ship to MA even if the buyer had a C&R. Getting beyond ridiculous out there and hoping it hasnt spread to S.O.

Just to piggy-back on Hetzers question a bit..does it matter if the MA resident has a C&R? Ive recently come across some listings online where people will not ship to MA even if the buyer had a C&R. Getting beyond ridiculous out there and hoping it hasnt spread to S.O.
. C&R’s welcomed. Yes- we’ll sell you SKS rifles!! Jim

So I see several people mentioning SKS’s but will the staff let us buy them?

I’ve tried three times on three separate days and three separate rifles and the Hooksett staff gave me three different reasons why they wouldn’t sell it to me.

Can Mass residents buy them in this store?
Yes! Whatever is legal where you’re from- you can purchase

Hey Jim,

I stopped in today for the fourth time since the first day of SO II's soft opening.

That's easy for me, as I'm an Amherst resident.

Made yet another great haul of pre-owned 9mm and 45ACP premium ammo for dirt cheap.

As one of the sales guys said, "Your timing is perfect." He explained they're into bin #2 of about 40 ammo bins yet to be sorted and stocked.

I'm very much looking forward to future visits.

Shooters Outpost II has the makings of a great store, but I'm a little surprised by the very youthful staff.

They're good kids, quite helpful and relatively knowledgeable.

But, why are there no old guys behind the counter?

This is not a knock on the staff. I'm just wondering.

Dan

Hey Jim,

I stopped in today for the fourth time since the first day of SO II's soft opening.

That's easy for me, as I'm an Amherst resident.

Made yet another great haul of pre-owned 9mm and 45ACP premium ammo for dirt cheap.

As one of the sales guys said, "Your timing is perfect." He explained they're into bin #2 of about 40 ammo bins yet to be sorted and stocked.

I'm very much looking forward to future visits.

Shooters Outpost II has the makings of a great store, but I'm a little surprised by the very youthful staff.

They're good kids, quite helpful and relatively knowledgeable.

But, why are there no old guys behind the counter?

This is not a knock on the staff. I'm just wondering.

Dan
Very limited applicants came- what you see is the best choices we found. All are good, I have an older person going in in early 2020 if he recovers from his operation.

Are there any reloading bullets or powders, or primers? Planning to stop in this weekend and would like some Varget and maybe IMR4895. Might as well bring my C&R as well...

Very limited applicants came- what you see is the best choices we found. All are good, I have an older person going in in early 2020 if he recovers from his operation.

The scarcity of applicants is clearly a reflection of the full employment we are enjoying.

Again, your staff is indeed very good and working hard. I applaud them.

It's encouraging to see such ethics displayed by a younger generation.

Are there any reloading bullets or powders, or primers? Planning to stop in this weekend and would like some Varget and maybe IMR4895. Might as well bring my C&R as well...
As I said in the beginning of this: “I have no room for a reloading section”. If you let us know what you want, send the list in advance and it will be there for you

We just stopped by this afternoon, wasn't planned, just driving back from Nashua then I see the sign and I'm like "oh that's where they are". Nice store! Friendly staff immediately available (no lines today). Lots of ammo. I didn't buy anything because my finances are otherwise allocated elsewhere, but they had a bunch of stuff that I'll ponder and drool over and hopefully buy eventually.

Those SKS Rifles are really nice examples. The common SKS's on the market now are really rough. These are keepers at $499...

I just saw this! I'm just minutes away and I'll be checking in out in the next day or two. Love that you are open Sundays!

3 miles from home...been in no less than 4 times, THIS WEEK. Love shooters. Watch the facebook page, Jim advertises a lot of sales and info over there. I scored one of the disassembled New Zealand ARs this week.

FYI...

Stopped Shooters' Amherst store today. Closed. Sign on door said something about closed until further notice for restocking.
Yep; I saw the Open sign shutoff yesterday and what looked to be a note posted on the door, no cars near that end of the lot either.

Back
Top Bottom