Shooters outpost

Nope, not saying that at all. Was there very recently, and they only allowed me 1 box of bulk. Sorry for the confusion.

Was there Monday afternoon and lots of guns (handguns, rifles, some MN M44s for a decent price, etc.) and lots of ammo, just not what I was looking for.

Very nice store, very well laid out and I had multiple clerks asking if they could help me. First time in this store but I was impressed. I had a nice chat with Jim as well.

I did not like the ID requirement. If I didn't have a drivers license then I could not buy ammunition. A passport or other legal government issued ID was not acceptable. Where does it say I have to prove state of residence to buy ammunition in NH? I guess it is store policy ... I won't make this place a common stop.

BTW, they had several cases of .45 ACP for $525. Riley's price was better, but only 200 rounds for $90 with 1 can limit.

They were hiding the "good" stuff behind the counter. I dont get why shops do that. but there 5.56/.223 was .50 a round idk what the .22 price was probably high.

I'm going to venture a guess, so it doesn't get stolen.

ETA: Didnt they have issues with some people shop lifting (it wasn't firearms though).

Last edited:
They were hiding the "good" stuff behind the counter. I dont get why shops do that. but there 5.56/.223 was .50 a round idk what the .22 price was probably high.

Because it's rationed. So someone doesn't scoop 2 cases of (insert some hard to find ammo here) off the floor then goes to the front register and then gets all butthurt and going full retard that they can't buy 2 cases. It saves a lot of whining if the clerks just regulate that issue up front.

-Mike

The .223 was $409 for 1000 rounds and the 5.56 was $449. Not as cheap as Riley's but not too bad in the market right now. My buddy and I left Riley's and SO with 2400 5.56/.223 and a couple hundred 9mm, and a handful of other calibers and black powder. For a stop while out turkey hunting I can't complain !!

The .223 was $409 for 1000 rounds and the 5.56 was $449. Not as cheap as Riley's but not too bad in the market right now. My buddy and I left Riley's and SO with 2400 5.56/.223 and a couple hundred 9mm, and a handful of other calibers and black powder. For a stop while out turkey hunting I can't complain !!

As a side note tonight Shooters had 5.56 and .223 available to buy at the prices you mentioned, Riley's was blown out. My guess is Rileys puts out a daily ration till its gone and then doesn't replenish it till the next business day, assuming they have anything to replenish it with.

-Mike

whats the cost on the 9mm?

Because it's rationed. So someone doesn't scoop 2 cases of (insert some hard to find ammo here) off the floor then goes to the front register and then gets all butthurt and going full retard that they can't buy 2 cases. It saves a lot of whining if the clerks just regulate that issue up front.

-Mike

Havent been to any other shop that hides there ammo behind the counter. most clearly lay it out when they got it. Shouldn't have a problem as long as its marked accordingly.hiding it is not the best strategy for sales.

But what do I know Im just the consumer. [grin]

I'm going to venture a guess, so it doesn't get stolen.

ETA: Didnt they have issues with some people shop lifting (it wasn't firearms though).

Dosen't make sense. Just the .223 and .22 was hidden. But you could easily grab any other calibers you wanted on the floor. Gotta have balls to steal from a gun shop. lol

I got the last 3 boxes of 7.62x39 yesterday I was looking for the steel russian stuff but they only had the brass Fiocchi stuff(11.99). Still cheaper than the winchester 40rd box at walmart for 30dollars.

Havent been to any other shop that hides there ammo behind the counter. most clearly lay it out when they got it. Shouldn't have a problem as long as its marked accordingly.hiding it is not the best strategy for sales.

But what do I know Im just the consumer. [grin]

Apparently you didn't buy ammo during Obamascare 1, a lot of shops did exactly that. There was no way in hell you were getting a box of 9mm or .380 back then during the peak of the scare at a lot of shops unless you asked for it. They rationed the hell out of those calibers because there wasn't a lot of supply going around. There's a lot of that today, too... there are some big shops like FS that don't have a lot of
9mm on the floor but I bet if you buy a gun there and tell them you want a few boxes of 9, it'll magically appear.

If someone wants 5.56/.223 badly enough they'll ask for it, that much I know. If I was a big shop that was rationing, it'd be stupid as hell to put it out on the floor and then have to tell a bunch of morons who didn't read the sign(s) posted near the ammo that they have to put some of it back, or hold it at the register to have someone lug it back to where it came from. It's just creating a situation where the customer is going to get more agitated and make more work for you.

Hopefully in a few months or less none of this will matter and things will be back to normal, unfortunately as long as the moonbats keep going full retard these market conditions will keep persisting.

-Mike

Last edited:
The 5.56 & .223 is kept behind the counter, but the 22lr, at least the American Eagle has been in the case directly to right if you're standing front of the counter

Now, with that said the CCI was behind the counter on Friday when I was in there but the AE was to the right

On a side note......

I don't understand why people want to complain.

If you don't like the way someone does business, you have to option of taking your dollars to someone who does business in a manner you prefer.

Apparently you didn't buy ammo during Obamascare 1, a lot of shops did exactly that. There was no way in hell you were getting a box of 9mm or .380 back then during the peak of the scare at a lot of shops unless you asked for it. They rationed the hell out of those calibers because there wasn't a lot of supply going around. There's a lot of that today, too... there are some big shops like FS that don't have a lot of
9mm on the floor but I bet if you buy a gun there and tell them you want a few boxes of 9, it'll magically appear.

If someone wants 5.56/.223 badly enough they'll ask for it, that much I know. If I was a big shop that was rationing, it'd be stupid as hell to put it out on the floor and then have to tell a bunch of morons who didn't read the sign(s) posted near the ammo that they have to put some of it back, or hold it at the register to have someone lug it back to where it came from. It's just creating a situation where the customer is going to get more agitated and make more work for you.

Hopefully in a few months or less none of this will matter and things will be back to normal, unfortunately as long as the moonbats keep going full retard these market conditions will keep persisting.

-Mike

All I know is ammo hunting only got my LTC in october. Cant wait for the days when I can just walk into any shop and buy what and how much I want at fair price points, All I know is hunting for ammo unfortunately. [thinking]

Dosen't make sense. Just the .223 and .22 was hidden. But you could easily grab any other calibers you wanted on the floor. Gotta have balls to steal from a gun shop. lol

Usually it's just stupidity.

- - - Updated - - -

All I know is ammo hunting only got my LTC in october. Cant wait for the days when I can just walk into any shop and buy what and how much I want at fair price points, All I know is hunting for ammo unfortunately. [thinking]

Just think of it as a scavenger hunt.

On a side note......

I don't understand why people want to complain.

If you don't like the way someone does business, you have to option of taking your dollars to someone who does business in a manner you prefer.

Seriously, Jim runs two of the busiest gun businesses in NH. He is obviously a good business man. i have seen many gun shops come and go or go hand to mouth to survive.

we are complaining about what side of the counter he puts his ammo? does he make us show our ID to buy ammo? Sheesh. is that the best we can come up with? He is obviously doing something right.

I went there today and the woman behind the counter barely glanced at my License.

They have plenty of .45 - cases for $525 and the UMC 250 count bulk packs for $135. They also have 9mm but a 2 box limit and as others have said, there is some .22 by the counter and some .22 and 5.56 behind the counter. 2 box limit on the .22 behind the counter or 4 box limit on the stuff next to the counter. 5 box limit on the 5.56

I went there today and the woman behind the counter barely glanced at my License.

They have plenty of .45 - cases for $525 and the UMC 250 count bulk packs for $135. They also have 9mm but a 2 box limit and as others have said, there is some .22 by the counter and some .22 and 5.56 behind the counter. 2 box limit on the .22 behind the counter or 4 box limit on the stuff next to the counter. 5 box limit on the 5.56

Do you have quanities and prices on the 9mm and 22llr?

Back
Top Bottom