• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooting at a Florida range

This is crazy, a mother shot her 20 yo son in the head then herself... CCTV on the liveleak link

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/040609gun_range_shooting_911_call

SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Casselberry Police are working to figure out why 45-year old Marie Moore, shot her 20-year old son, Mitchel Moore in the head, before shooting herself in the head. It happened Sunday, at the Shoot Straight Gun Range located at the intersection of 17/92 and Lemon Lane in Casselberry. Several witnesses called 911 right away after the shooting at the Shoot Straight Gun Range in Casselberry..

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a9b_1239071171

Fall upon hard times, you do stupid things. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets a lot better....and the more the MSM publicizes this...the more people will do it so people 'know their name and their plight.'

Unfortunately it's a sign of the times..... Will probably get a lot worse before it gets better....

The fact that she was banned from the gun range previously for trying to commit suicide and somehow was able to get her hands on a gun to murder her poor son makes me sick.

You know, the amount of shootings, especially highly publicized shootings recently has me thinking maybe this is a big conspiracy amongst the Obama administration to encourage the idea of more restrictive gun laws and bans.

And I'm one of the last people to jump on the conspiracy theory bandwagon.

Good article on what the real threats are

This is from http://www.counterpunch.org/goekler03242009.html

March 24, 2009

Toxic Agents

The Most Dangerous Person in the World?

By JOHN GOEKLER

A significant majority of Americans, polls repeatedly tell us, list terrorism as one of their greatest fears. Like most of our media-inspired interests and worries, however, this one has little basis in reality.

In actual fact, unless you’re serving in a war zone, the most dangerous person you’re ever likely to encounter – by several orders of magnitude – is the one you see in the mirror every morning.

Not some shadowy arms dealer peddling second hand nukes. Not some dusky Jihadi with a song on his lips and a suicide belt around his middle. Not some mad scientist, bribed by the forces of evil to cook up a bio-bug capable of ending life as we know it.

Here are the hard facts.

The single greatest killer of Americans is the so-called “lifestyle disease”. Somewhere between half a million and a million of us get a short ride in a long hearse every year because of smoking, lousy diets, parking our bodies in front of the TV instead of operating them, and downing yet another six pack and / or tequila popper.

According to the US Department of Health and Human Services, between 310,000 and 580,000 of us will commit suicide by cigarette this year. Another 260,000 to 470,000 will go in the ground due to poor diet and sedentary lifestyle. And some 85,000 of us will drink to our own departure.

After the person in the mirror, the next most dangerous individual we’re ever likely to encounter is one in a white coat. Something like 200,000 of us will experience “cessation of life” due to medical errors – botched procedures, mis-prescribed drugs and “nosocomial infections”. (The really nasty ones you get from treatment in a hospital or healthcare service unit.)

The next most dangerous encounter the average American is likely to have is with a co-worker with an infection. Or a doorknob, stair railing or restaurant utensil touched by someone with the crud. “Microbial Agents” (read bugs like flu and pneumonia) will send 75,000 of us to meet the Reaper this year.

If we live through those social encounters, the next greatest danger is “Toxic Agents” – asbestos in our ceiling, lead in our pipes, the stuff we spray on our lawns or pour down our clogged drains. Annual body count from these handy consumer products is around 55,000.

After that, the most dangerous person in our lives is the one behind the wheel. About 42,000 of us will cash our chips in our rides this year. More than half will do so because we didn’t wear a seat belt. (Lest it wrinkle our suit.)

Some 31,000 of us will commit suicide by intention this year. (As opposed to not fastening our seat belts or smoking, by which we didn’t really mean to kill ourselves.)

About 30,000 of us will die due to our sexual behaviors, through which we’ll contract AIDS or Hepatitis C. Another 20,000 of us will pop off due to illicit drug use.

The next scariest person in our lives is someone we know who’s having a really bad day. Over 16,000 Americans will be murdered this year, most often by a relative or friend.

After that, it’s an overdose on “non-steroidal anti-inflammatories”, acetaminophen or aspirin. About 7,600 hundred a year, perhaps due to the aftermath of those tequila poppers.

Next most dangerous thing is going to work. About 5,500 of us will buy the farm due to “occupational trauma”.

If that’s scary enough to skip work, we might want to skip lunch, too. Next most dangerous thing is the food we eat. About 5,200 of us will hurl our lives away due to “foodborne agents”.

Another 4,000 of us will drown. A significant percentage will be fishermen found floating with a high blood alcohol content and an unzipped fly.

Thats it whos all for passing a law to ban crazy women......wait ummm that would just leave us men wouldn't it?

That's scary. I shoot at that range at least 5 times a year. I'm in Orlando for business every other month. There are 2 Shoot Straight's near Orlando and this one is my preferred. Great, knowledgeable staff. I can hear the dispare in theri voices on the call. Sad

You know, the amount of shootings, especially highly publicized shootings recently has me thinking maybe this is a big conspiracy amongst the Obama administration to encourage the idea of more restrictive gun laws and bans.

This same thought crossed my mind. [thinking]

Where do these people COME from??? And WHY do they keep taking people with them when they go back??
ohlord.gif

What the hell possesses a mother to do that to her son? My wife and I were just talking about how our mothers would lay down in front of a truck before hurting us, I just don't get it?

No no no, this is all going beyond any political agenda, any economic hardships, any misguided sick love.

This is evil. I am not saying the mother was evil, but that this, all of this taking other people with you when you don't want to live any more, this is evil bullshit.

It's to the point where I don't take off my gun even in my own house.

Seriously, we have parents murdering their children, but we're still worried about letting gay couples marry. I am pissed off right now, and I don't know what the answer is.

Gun control? Hell no. And I'm damn sure the answer isn't more of this dem/republican back and forth crap either. Something is wrong on a fundamental level and politics is certainly not the answer.

Bah, I don't know what the answer is, I am just venting after having watched the CCTV video... I don't care who says video games or tv desensitize us to violence, but I can't watch something like this and not feel something terrible.

Watching that video is freaky - that could have been any one of us in the next stall.

What's to say she doesn't put the gun to the back of your head before she does herself...

Freaky...

Well, the video didn't show anything. I guess they edited before broadcasting it. Remember that elected official that offed himself in front of the news as he was resigning? Happened about 20 years ago. Sort of reminds me of it in some twisted way -- Maybe because both suicides were public.

Just like the discharged former Marine in Pennsylvania who killed three cops last week, she wasn't supposed to have a gun despite the fact there was a law that expressly prohibited her from having it.

Back
Top Bottom