Shooting at gun store in chicago

Who in their right mind would ever try to rob a gun store when it is open? Seems like a suicide mission to me. Most employees seem to open carry in almost all thee shops I have ever been to.

Police told the school to go to "code white" but they went to "code red" for a gunman on campus.

Nice. Next time a cop pulls someone over for a DUI they're going to lock down the entire town.

Waukegan is about as close to Chicago as Manchester is to Boston. about 45 miles N. of the northernmost part of the city near the WI border. It isn't even in the same county as Chicago.

You have to be a special kind of stupid to try to hold up a gun shop.

Can anyone imagine someone trying this at MFLR? The employees would put a few rounds in you and then they'd let range members take a shot.

Waukegan is about as close to Chicago as Manchester is to Boston. about 45 miles N. of the northernmost part of the city near the WI border. It isn't even in the same county as Chicago.

No kidding. It's the same distance as Worcester to Boston. Not even close to being "in Chicago".

re: distance - easy to not arouse suspicion.
tinfoilhatupdatedbymirz.gif

[laugh]

Exactly. Waukegan isn't Chicago.

I didn't think gun stores were allowed in Chicago! :)
It isn't even close to Chicago, let alone in it.

Biang said the shooting was in close quarters and he did not know if the employee was hit by a slug from his own gun or suffered muzzle burns. "We don't have all the specific details," he said.

this made me lol as well.

They weren't sure if he was shot or just suffered a muzzle burn lol.

Take a look at the 'other stories that might interest you'....at the bottom of the page.

You might also be interested in:
•Fatal Shooting at BP Gas Station in Troy (MyFox Detroit)
•Cab Driver Shot Multiple Times Still in Intensive Care
•Gurnee Mills Rape Suspect Caught
•Cabdriver Captures Gunman After Being Shot Multiple Times
•Police Still Seek Two For Tinley Park Home Invasion
•Carpentersville Home Invasion Suspects Linked to Schaumburg Crimes

WTF !!!!

Take a look at the 'other stories that might interest you'....at the bottom of the page.

You might also be interested in:
•Fatal Shooting at BP Gas Station in Troy (MyFox Detroit)
•Cab Driver Shot Multiple Times Still in Intensive Care
•Gurnee Mills Rape Suspect Caught
•Cabdriver Captures Gunman After Being Shot Multiple Times
•Police Still Seek Two For Tinley Park Home Invasion
•Carpentersville Home Invasion Suspects Linked to Schaumburg Crimes

WTF !!!!

it's summer and it's hot..................

You have to be a special kind of stupid to try to hold up a gun shop.

Can anyone imagine someone trying this at MFLR? The employees would put a few rounds in you and then they'd let range members take a shot.

Unfortunately, it happens, but usually in a store staffed by one guy. All it takes is a second for the clerk to turn his back and it gives a coward the opportunity to shoot him and rob the store.

Unfortunately, it happens, but usually in a store staffed by one guy. All it takes is a second for the clerk to turn his back and it gives a coward the opportunity to shoot him and rob the store.
Yup. Not all gun stores are MFLR or Four Seasons. Many (most?) are one person operations. If two attackers go in and one distracts the owner/clerk, things could get real ugly real fast.

Last edited:
Yep. Happened to Bob Peters, Sr. in Freeport, IL in 1992. One-man shop. Three thugs shot and stabbed him in the course of robbing the place. Peters died. The three thugs were caught and convicted, and are filing appeals and petitions to this day.
http://www.wrex.com/Global/story.asp?S=10560243
http://www.journalstandard.com/highlight/x41614257/Appeal-examined-in-Peters-murder-case
[frown][angry][sad2]

Yikes, thanks for the news. I know the family that owned the shop a little bit; Dave is an active highpower shooter. "One employee was wounded" could be a small powder burn or it could be a whole lot worse. If anyone's seen other coverage I'd appreciate a link, since google isn't finding squat about it for me.

Yep. Happened to Bob Peters, Sr. in Freeport, IL in 1992. One-man shop. Three thugs shot and stabbed him in the course of robbing the place. Peters died. The three thugs were caught and convicted, and are filing appeals and petitions to this day.
http://www.wrex.com/Global/story.asp?S=10560243
http://www.journalstandard.com/highlight/x41614257/Appeal-examined-in-Peters-murder-case
[frown][angry][sad2]

My friend's brother was killed the same way just a few years ago. Turned around to get a gun off the rack, coward shot him and stole all the guns. They recovered a few guns halfway across the country but never made an arrest on the murderer.

Back
Top Bottom