Shooting in CA

I’m not sure who I just heard on the Radio but the were saying the NRA has to come up with answers to the gun violence.
I’m waiting to see how many balls where dropped on the shooter.?

Tinfoilers will be all over this, "former military are prime targets for MKULTRA expiriments etc".

It'll be fun to find out if the guy was on some kind of medication. There's a "fun" loose correlation between mental health patients and these kinds of
incidents and 9 out of 10 times there's some kind of drug there... doesn't mean "causation" but I find it interesting.

-Mike

Very much agree Mike. I know quite a few that were put on VA meds and later ended up taking their own lives. Meds f***ed them up even more than the PTS did.
Also very similar to the meds all the teachers and Docs were pushing on young kids about 20yrs ago, it was really affecting them later in life and caused dozens if not hundreds of teen suicides.

Very much agree Mike. I know quite a few that were put on VA meds and later ended up taking their own lives. Meds f***ed them up even more than the PTS did.
Also very similar to the meds all the teachers and Docs were pushing on young kids about 20yrs ago, it was really affecting them later in life and caused dozens if not hundreds of teen suicides.
Shrinks and their meds murdered my son. If I knew what the doctor foisted on my son I'd have, well have shown my displeasure.

Ahh, all mass politicians are calling for “Real gun reform” or gun confiscation as we know it.

Never let a good tragedy go to waste you f-uckers.

What the Hell can they possibly ask for? This happened in CA, a gun controller's wet dream. Other than confiscation (are they really that frickin' stupid?), what could they possibly push for now?? It wasn't an assault weapon. He must have gotten extended mags out of state (?).

I dunno, men. It seems to me that if laws worked to prevent crime, the one against 'assault' would suffice.

These murder-suicide people always get the order wrong...

162m77.jpg

What the Hell can they possibly ask for? This happened in CA, a gun controller's wet dream. Other than confiscation (are they really that frickin' stupid?), what could they possibly push for now?? It wasn't an assault weapon. He must have gotten extended mags out of state (?).

I dunno, men. It seems to me that if laws worked to prevent crime, the one against 'assault' would suffice.

It'll all be better when they can ban all guns everywhere except for cops and soldi... Ahhh shit, wait a minute....

First , prayers for the dead and wounded .
There was some talk the day after elections about the lame duck session possibly passing some 2a positive laws .
Reciprocity being one, and if recall there was more than one person saying on here and another site that another mass shooting would be happening.
I'll be damned and , looky here.
It's not tinfoil when you can set your f*cking watch by these damn things happening based on what's going on in politics.

The problem lies in the way that SSRIs work. They are prescribed to treat depression and anxiety but the full effect of these medications take 6-8 weeks to become therapeutic and treat the problem they are prescribed for. The danger zone lies between the first few days of taking them up until the 6-8 week period is reached.

Individuals with severe depression often times will become more motivated to do things again (long before the depression has lifted) once they start taking these drugs. If said person is suicidal (or homicidal), the lack of motivation that comes with severe depression before being medicated is often the very thing that prevents disaster.

Before reaching that 6-8 week period you have a very anxious/depressed person that suddenly has motivation to put plans into action. Most of the time this motivation can be a good thing, but sometimes it isn't. They are the worst class of drugs to prescribe a person with active or recent suicidal/homicidal ideation or if untreated bipolar disorder is suspected. But far too often doctors don't listen to their patients and many times don't ask the right questions that they should be asking before reaching for the prescription pad.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this guy had recently started taking SSRIs.

Last edited:
A cop rushes in where others fear to tread, saves a few lives, and dies - hero.

If a legally armed civilian did the same and was killed, but saved a bunch of lives, it would be cited as an example as to why the little people should not carry guns

Only in certain parts of the country. Others still believe in helping each other at the risk of their own lives and are applauded for it.

If a legally armed civilian did the same and was killed, but saved a bunch of lives, it would be cited as an example as to why the little people should not carry guns

Contrast this cop with the Parkland cops.
At least he tried. Body count probably would have been higher if he didn't run in

Not everywhere. Since being forced to move to CA, I've been very surprised at how conservative and, for lack of a better term "anti-California" parts of this state are. Like some other areas, the dense population centers ruin it for everyone else. Similar to Oregon where Portland, CA and Eugene (college town) make everyone think the entire state is overrun by hipster shitbags, when it really isn't. (Portland and Eugene ARE overrun by hipster shitbags). Oregon is a great example of why we need the electoral college. Two cities overrun by progressive dickdongs cause the entire state to be represented by progressive dickdongs in the Senate and governor's office.

Not everywhere. Since being forced to move to CA, I've been very surprised at how conservative and, for lack of a better term "anti-California" parts of this state are. Like some other areas, the dense population centers ruin it for everyone else. Similar to Oregon where Portland, CA and Eugene (college town) make everyone think the entire state is overrun by hipster shitbags, when it really isn't. (Portland and Eugene ARE overrun by hipster shitbags). Oregon is a great example of why we need the electoral college. Two cities overrun by progressive dickdongs cause the entire state to be represented by progressive dickdongs in the Senate and governor's office.

Some unfortunate SCotUS rulings in the 1960s (of course) got rid of the equivalent of the electoral college in state elections which used to balance out rural vs. urban voting power.

Tinfoilers will be all over this, "former military are prime targets for MKULTRA expiriments etc".

It'll be fun to find out if the guy was on some kind of medication. There's a "fun" loose correlation between mental health patients and these kinds of
incidents and 9 out of 10 times there's some kind of drug there... doesn't mean "causation" but I find it interesting.

-Mike

I don't think it's any big mystery, they hand out mental health drugs like candy, and every drug has side effects. The stronger the drug, the stronger the side effects.

The only common thread to all these shootings is mental health.

The f-ing psychotic drugs they put you on these days that make you want to kill people.

you can find the cause of just about every problem today by following the money trail. Who makes huge money off mental illness? And who gets massive campaign donations from these entities?

This is true, if you boil down their argument, it's basically "every law-abiding citizen must turn in their guns." And the public is like "uhh, what about the bad guys, they're still armed? That doesn't sound good!"

It's why these events don't get much traction in gun control.

The only common thread to all these shootings is mental health.

In the 1920s Clarence Darrow did a famous closing argument in the Leopold & Loeb case, in which 2 college students were accused of killing a teenager just to see if they could get away with it.

A central theme of his argument was that the two defendants were crazy -- they must have been -- because what sane person would kill another person for sport?

It worked. Well, sort of. They escaped the death penalty but got a lengthy prison term.

Darrow's argument always made sense to me.

In the 1920s Clarence Darrow did a famous closing argument in the Leopold & Loeb case, in which 2 college students were accused of killing a teenager just to see if they could get away with it.

A central theme of his argument was that the two defendants were crazy -- they must have been -- because what sane person would kill another person for sport?

It worked. Well, sort of. They escaped the death penalty but got a lengthy prison term.

Darrow's argument always made sense to me.

Let me fix it for you they murdered a 14 year old child...one of the killlers got out after doing 32 years. That make sense ?

No it wouldn't.

Seems the innernets is full of this dudes picture looking durka as f*** with some kind of dirka aka, anyone else see this, or am I just drunk and trolling?

The two pictures I saw shooter in a dress uniform he was sporting a 'Good Conduct Ribbon' and another ribbon I can't ID; No CIB, or other combat tinsel . So where he get PTSD from the latrine ? As a two tour Vietnam combat Veteran in this State with PTSD, I'm so screwed

How fitting my 1k post

Probably a graduation photo from boot camp or SOI. And marines don't wear CIBs; the corps isn't really into "tinsel" of any kind. I see your point, but he left the USMC as a corporal. So until I see a photo of him with two stripes, I'm not going to denigrate any combat service he might have picked up later.

Regardless, I know a lot of people (not all of them SMs) with PTSD. It's not a terribly strong predictor of violent homicide.

No. The argument that crazy people do crazy things makes sense.

LOL....could you define a crazy person, or people doing crazy things ? Really no science in it is there ? So it come downs to voodoo science (the science of politics) either way, I'm white, voted for 'The Don', believe in the Constitution and bill of Rights. I must be nuts, so I'm turning myself in before I go crazy

Back
Top Bottom