• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooting in Derry, NH self defense

Palladin

NES Member
Don't worry, we'll get you for something no matter what....

"Based on that investigation, the Attorney General's Office concluded that no homicide charges will be filed.

However, that office has turned over its investigative files to the Rockingham County Attorney's office for consideration of possible non-homicide charges, "

So, they're saying the shooting was Officer involved, but don't identify Rios' association with a department or agency. Isn't 21 kind of young to be an officer? (based on experience, job requirements, degrees, not actual age).

So, they're saying the shooting was Officer involved, but don't identify Rios' association with a department or agency. Isn't 21 kind of young to be an officer? (based on experience, job requirements, degrees, not actual age).

I think that was a misprint on the headline

Are you saying the cop was doing a pot deal that went bad and he shot the kid?

The way this case was handled from the outset this actually makes a whole
lot of sense...

that would be one hell of an error to make 8 months after leaving the public in suspense...

Where does Rios Facebook page say he is?

Now you mention your son knows someone? Is this the shooter he knows?

Another great reason to fully decriminalize pot and other minor drugs.

If buyers and sellers have no way to mediate their disagreements using the legal system, it will devolve into chaos. I know that's sort of breaching to the choir but it's very senseless when somebody is shot over... pot.

No, he knew the deceased.

Union leader changed the headline

Ill bet they did. Thanks for clearing up your sons association. Id imagine you have been waiting for this factually gaping hole of highly irregular handled drug crime to be more clearly reported on too?

On a side note when a reporter reports too much and the unuathorized tidbit makes it to internet print what usually happens? Just a little extra tinfoil to go with your coffee...

Someone should tell the DEA and our new US AG that. Maybe keep repeating it to them until it sinks in and folks start to realize that the war on drugs needs to end.

There's too much money in keeping the shit illegal. Like guns, alcohol, sex or any other perceived vice, the prohibition on marijuana is steeped in bigotry and xenophobia.

Guessing the dead kid attacked the dealer/shooter?

Can the "he was just turning his life around" comment be used here? What's the ruling?
If it was a drug deal turned violent/deadly, the shooter should still be charged with murder. In most states, mine included, castle doctrine doesn't apply when when one is involved in illegal activity.
If the cop did the shooting in a controlled by gone bad that is different. If the shooter was an informant, that could also explain no murder charges.

If it was a drug deal turned violent/deadly, the shooter should still be charged with murder. In most states, mine included, castle doctrine doesn't apply when when one is involved in illegal activity.
If the cop did the shooting in a controlled by gone bad that is different. If the shooter was an informant, that could also explain no murder charges.

there was no cop on scene, no informant. FWIU, they went to Derry rip off a little under a pound of weed, from this guy. It went physical, he fired in self defense.

If buyers and sellers have no way to mediate their disagreements using the legal system, it will devolve into chaos. I know that's sort of breaching to the choir but it's very senseless when somebody is shot over... pot.

... wait, I thought that NH was living free or dying :) next thing you gonna tell me that nakid breasts in a bar are illegal too.

"his death drew large crowds of mourners from across the area who remembered a friend who would do anything to help them"
Help them what, rob drug dealers?
I've never thought it prudent to screw someone who is involved in illegal activities. That whole "round here we don't call police" thing.
They hid a guy in the back of a truck to choke the drug dealer out so they could rob him? They're lucky he only shot one of them.

While I agree marijuana shouldn't be illegal, this kid wasn't shot because weed's illegal. The kid died because he tried to steal a large amount of money from someone who was packing. The money might have been in the form of a couple o's but it's just a robbery. It might as well have been over a rolex or a car.
Your argument is basically if weed were legal, he should have let himself get robbed then try to get it back through legal action.

Legalization will reduce crime because they'll be buying weed in a store like tobacco with a credit card and not from some sketchy dude in a honda who carries 3 ounces, 4 grand in 10's and 20's, and a hi-point. But if honda man is still selling his own product out of the trunk of his car, some junkie/dumb kid is going to try and rob him.

there was no cop on scene, no informant. FWIU, they went to Derry rip off a little under a pound of weed, from this guy. It went physical, he fired in self defense.
The stickler that could bring federal charges is illegal possession of a firearm. I'm surprised the NH DA didn't press on this. All parties involved were participating in a felony.
Or maybe the DA understood that a conviction was not likely because it only takes one person to hang a jury.

... wait, I thought that NH was living free or dying :) next thing you gonna tell me that nakid breasts in a bar are illegal too.
Going topless is legal, assuming you're into frostbite.
To quote the ACLU (via NYT), “In a state with an average temperature of only 46 degrees, the risk of rampant nudity seems rather low,”

Back
Top Bottom