• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooting in Dighton Ma.

Holy Fleep. I drove right by there. About 8 cops and 2 Amber-Lamps. The one that "rushed him to Morton Hospital" did not rush. The doors were closed as I turned onto Forest and waited for oncoming traffic. It pulled out after me and took ALL of Forest to overtake me driving 30-35.

There was no rush. :( Let me run that Amber-Lamps. We would have been rolling minutes prior and come skidding into the Morton parking lot 7 minutes later.

I hadn't even given it a second thought until I saw this thread.

That sucks, tho. :(

Holy Fleep. I drove right by there. About 8 cops and 2 Amber-Lamps. The one that "rushed him to Morton Hospital" did not rush. The doors were closed as I turned onto Forest and waited for oncoming traffic. It pulled out after me and took ALL of Forest to overtake me driving 30-35.

There was no rush. :( Let me run that Amber-Lamps. We would have been rolling minutes prior and come skidding into the Morton parking lot 7 minutes later.

Could be 1 of 2 things.

1: The Amber-Lamps you observed was transporting the shooter to the hospital to be evaluated because of mental trauma and anguish. No need to drive at a high rate of speed for that.
2: The victim was in traumatic arrest with injuries that, short of immediate surgery on the spot, were not survivable. In that case, there really is no sense in endangering the health and safety of the paramedics/EMTs or the general public by driving at high rates of speed to deliver someone to the ER who, in all likelihood, is already dead and will stay dead.

Generally if Paramedics are working a patient on the way to the hospital, they will be driving cautiously to allow them to do their work. Some of the work they will do in the field is more important to be done immediately than getting to the hospital quickly. Of course they said first responders transported, not sure if they were medics or not. It is a shame the kid didn't make it, RIP

Another 'The gun went off' accident. Glad my guns behave themselves and don't randomly go off. Why can't people take responsibility for their actions these days?

Sad though, RIP kid.

The Sun article reports that the gun was stolen from someone in Boston. The guy was 18 years old, didn't have a LTC and was walking around with a stolen gun. Sounds like a shady dude.

Could be 1 of 2 things.

1: The Amber-Lamps you observed was transporting the shooter to the hospital to be evaluated because of mental trauma and anguish. No need to drive at a high rate of speed for that.
2: The victim was in traumatic arrest with injuries that, short of immediate surgery on the spot, were not survivable. In that case, there really is no sense in endangering the health and safety of the paramedics/EMTs or the general public by driving at high rates of speed to deliver someone to the ER who, in all likelihood, is already dead and will stay dead.

Generally if Paramedics are working a patient on the way to the hospital, they will be driving cautiously to allow them to do their work. Some of the work they will do in the field is more important to be done immediately than getting to the hospital quickly. Of course they said first responders transported, not sure if they were medics or not. It is a shame the kid didn't make it, RIP

Oh I know both of these things. But the paper said RUSHED. He wasn't necessarily rushed. If I wasn't tired and not driving the convertible, they'd have never passed me.

The Sun article reports that the gun was stolen from someone in Boston. The guy was 18 years old, didn't have a LTC and was walking around with a stolen gun. Sounds like a shady dude.

I guess the whole "18yo's can't have LTC's or possess handguns" thing is lost on the masses. ;)

Are most of you guys stuck in wheelchairs parked on the veranda at home, or stuck in some prison cell with nothing else to do but speculate on the facts, as derived from poorly written and or incomplete newspaper articles, and therefore able to figure out the whole story yourself from some gun chatroom chit chat sewing circle?

Thanks

He didn’t have much of a chance if they were taking him to Morton.

Police say when they asked the man why he hadn’t bothered reporting it missing, he stated that a family member, who was known for stealing things, had probably taken it and that he didn’t want to get him in trouble.

Yeah. I'm not a fan of Big Brother, but if your loser relative steals your F'ING GUN, maybe you should report him to the police, you dolt!

How does one accidentally pull a trigger ?
The only way I know of is if you have a crappy holster or clothing that gets caught in the trigger guard, allowing the trigger to pull when putting on a seatbelt or similar.

If the firearm is in your hand, you own the position of your fingers AND the trigger.

The only way I know of is if you have a crappy holster or clothing that gets caught in the trigger guard, allowing the trigger to pull when putting on a seatbelt or similar.

If the firearm is in your hand, you own the position of your fingers AND the trigger.

You only know that if you've taken decent safety training. Something this yute obviously bypassed in his haste to acquire a gun illegally.

Back
Top Bottom