Shooting on Cape Cod

Hi every one. I'm new To this forum and I'm new to the gun community in general , I'm trying to join a gun club on the Cape Cod/south shore area but it's been a really frustrating experience for me, either I try contact a few gun clubs/range with no success, seems like they straight ignore my email or they aren't taking any new member or I need to be indicted by another member. the only club that got back to me was Braintree one, it's kind of far for my but seems like I have no choice. Since I don't have any family here or know a lot of people, I was hoping to find some guidance here, make new friends maybe. I know that there is a lot of nice people that love guns like I do. I'm just trying to shoot my guns but it's been a hassle it seems [thinking]

The kennedys have an annual car shoot. Jk poor joke
Welcome and im sure someone will be of help and maybe even sponsor you to join a club

im not sure how far out onto the cape you are but Taunton is a great club. welcome to NES

Mrshfield and pembroke are both closer to the Cape than Braintree. Marshfield about a mile off of route 3 and has a 24X7 indoor range an outdoor range, archery, skeet, and a stocked trout pond.

I know you have to be indicted but you should check out Monument Beach.

Pembroke (Old Colony Sportsmans Association) is three or four miles west of Rt 3, exit 12 (Marshfield Pembroke, also the exit for Marshfield Rod and Gun)
I have not been to Marshfield since I was 12 years old, but Pembroke I can recommend highly.
OCSA is currently lacking an indoor range, but has GREAT shotgun, outdoor rifle and pistol ranges, IDPA, and blackpowder and primitive.
The January safety training / orientation at OCSA is TOMORROW, they are on the first sunday of every month.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldcolonysaweb/

2Q==

Bass River is a good club if you are in the Mid-Cape area. I am in the Upper-Cape area and travel to Sippican for shooting.

In what part of the Cape are you located - upper, mid, lower?
South yarmouth

- - - Updated - - -

Bass River is a good club if you are in the Mid-Cape area. I am in the Upper-Cape area and travel to Sippican for shooting.
Looks like bass river is not taking anyone at the time.[sad] I live 2 miles from it

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. I would suggest getting on the waiting list for a bunch of clubs near you. One will eventually accept new members.

Another vote for CCF&G, head over to The Outdoor Shop in Yarmouth and talk to Lori, she'll give you info and application. Facilities include trap/ rifle/ pistol/ plinking/ indoor ranges.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hi every one. I'm new To this forum and I'm new to the gun community in general , I'm trying to join a gun club on the Cape Cod/south shore area but it's been a really frustrating experience for me, either I try contact a few gun clubs/range with no success, seems like they straight ignore my email or they aren't taking any new member or I need to be indicted by another member. the only club that got back to me was Braintree one, it's kind of far for my but seems like I have no choice. Since I don't have any family here or know a lot of people, I was hoping to find some guidance here, make new friends maybe. I know that there is a lot of nice people that love guns like I do. I'm just trying to shoot my guns but it's been a hassle it seems [thinking]

Have you tried actually visiting the clubs you want to join? You might be able to meet club members and have them help walk you through the application process. The clubs I've been to usually have some old guys hanging out and drinking coffee, especially on the weekends.

Have you tried actually visiting the clubs you want to join? You might be able to meet club members and have them help walk you through the application process. The clubs I've been to usually have some old guys hanging out and drinking coffee, especially on the weekends.
No I have not but that's a good idea, I was thinking I would be a little awkward but maybe not.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks everyone for there input it's been really helpful. You guys are awesome [smile]

When,ever you are interested in any club show up for any public meeting, breakfast or dinner or such.
If your having trouble finding a open membership at any of the club's on the cape get on a waiting list.

There are many clubs just north of the cannal that should be open to new members.
Hanson Rod and Gun 1 Davis rd Hanson Ma. Sunday breakfast 7-11am perfect time to go and get membership application and info.
Old Colony in Pembroke as mentioned go there tomorrow about 730am have a good breakfast and get in on the membership orientation safety. There will be folks to sign for you.

Now in the time if you don't get in on a membership many many clubs have open to public events
Such as CMP shoots, mini league shoots, IDPA and most clubs have days where trap and sweet are open to public. Hanson and Pembroke for example.
Cape cod fish and game is a great bunch and I miss the club trap match against them and Hanson.
Lots of good food there also. Along with Pembroke. Hanson has breakfast on Sundays also.
The best thing to do is go to any and all clubs around personally don't call don't email. Remember most clubs operate on volunteers and it's not easy and people can get over whelmed with emails and calls only putting in after work time to help run the club.

No I have not but that's a good idea, I was thinking I would be a little awkward but maybe not.

Thanks everyone for there input it's been really helpful. You guys are awesome [smile]

This is exactly how I did it when I joined each of the 4 clubs over the many years I've been shooting. Not awkward at all and the most effective way to learn something about the club and it's members.

Good luck and don't be intimidated by the process.

When,ever you are interested in any club show up for any public meeting, breakfast or dinner or such.
If your having trouble finding a open membership at any of the club's on the cape get on a waiting list.

There are many clubs just north of the cannal that should be open to new members.
Hanson Rod and Gun 1 Davis rd Hanson Ma. Sunday breakfast 7-11am perfect time to go and get membership application and info.
Old Colony in Pembroke as mentioned go there tomorrow about 730am have a good breakfast and get in on the membership orientation safety. There will be folks to sign for you.

Now in the time if you don't get in on a membership many many clubs have open to public events
Such as CMP shoots, mini league shoots, IDPA and most clubs have days where trap and sweet are open to public. Hanson and Pembroke for example.
Cape cod fish and game is a great bunch and I miss the club trap match against them and Hanson.
Lots of good food there also. Along with Pembroke. Hanson has breakfast on Sundays also.
The best thing to do is go to any and all clubs around personally don't call don't email. Remember most clubs operate on volunteers and it's not easy and people can get over whelmed with emails and calls only putting in after work time to help run the club.

Just to be clear - Orientation is the first sunday of each month, at 07:30. Tomorrow is Monday, so the OP will have to wait a month if he missed it this morning.

Drive to a club and walk right in. If they have shotgun open to the public thats a good way to meet members and get an in.

Back
Top Bottom