• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooting outside of gun show in Ohio

Reptile

NES Member
FRANKLIN TWP., Ohio (WCMH) – The Ohio BCI and Franklin County Sheriff’s Office are investigating after a deadly shooting outside of the Westland Mall Sunday afternoon.

Police and deputies responded to reports of shots fired before 4 p.m. and found one male victim dead from apparent gunshot wounds in the parking lot outside of the former Sears department store. Investigators shut entrances to the parking lot and taped off a large area for hours following the incident.

The Westland Mall has been vacant for years, but still hosts events periodically. The Sunday shooting happened as a gun show was winding down inside.

“I was inside talking to a buddy of mine who’s a gun dealer when somebody came in the front door, yelled, ‘Shots fired!’” recounted Jason Thiede, who was attending the gun show. “Everybody started to scatter away from the front door and heard a lot of gunfire outside.”

Thiede said the gunshots caused a brief panic until everyone realized it was coming from outside of the building.

“I looked to see where it’s coming from and whether there’s a chance I’m going to get hit. I was standing close enough to a column to know I wasn’t going to get hit by anything coming through the door, so I wasn’t worried,” he said.

Investigators immediately said it was not an active shooter situation. By late Sunday evening, no one had been taken into custody and no suspect information had been released. They also could not say whether the victim or potential suspects had any connection to the gun show.

Apparently the shooter was dissatisfied at the price of 9mm ammo.

Looks like someone snapped up the last of the 9mm or SPP, and pissed someone off...

Again, an area of town where nothing good happens. This is near where that grocery store parking lot scene took place recently.

Thiede said the gunshots caused a brief panic until everyone realized it was coming from outside of the building.

4fvqq2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom