Shooting ranges in Boston (Newton) area?

What are the better shooting ranges in Boston (Newton) area?
Indoor?
Outdoor?
Full service club (more expensive dues) or a volunteer club?

What type of shooting are looking for? Distances, NFA items allowed, shooting from holsters, steel plates vs. paper, competitions, trap shooting?

I'm a member at Westwood Gun Club. We have a fair number of members from Newton.

It's low key. A shooters club.

PM me if you want more info.

Best

Rich

Indoor?
Outdoor?
Full service club (more expensive dues) or a volunteer club?

What type of shooting are looking for? Distances, NFA items allowed, shooting from holsters, steel plates vs. paper, competitions, trap shooting?
Indoor and outdoor. Paper. Steel plates. Open to anything.

I'm a member at Westwood Gun Club. We have a fair number of members from Newton.

Best

Rich
I have been there before. It is a nice club. Expensive I think? Does it get very busy?

Best

Rich

What’s the waitlist look like? If they only allow a few new members at the beginning of the year, might it be a year or two to get in?

What’s the waitlist look like? If they only allow a few new members at the beginning of the year, might it be a year or two to get in?

There is turnover at the beginning of every year. For example my son just moved to Virginia so there's one opening.

They've grown the membership over the past couple years. But I'll ask how the waitlist looks right now.

Best

Rich

ETA:

From the club president:

"No wait list at all. We are going to resume processing new members after Xmas. Get applications in for anyone interested"

I have been there before. It is a nice club. Expensive I think? Does it get very busy?

I think the pricing is in line with most clubs in the area.

"Annually: $170 membership AND $80 fee, which is waived for 8 hours of work party attendance
Onetime initiation fee of $125"

Generally not busy. I visited last weekend with my son. When we arrived there were maybe 12 people total. Most of those were shooting Sunday Trap. 90 minutes later we were the only people there.

Weekends are busier of course. But weekdays I'm frequently the only one there.

I think the pricing is in line with most clubs in the area.

"Annually: $170 membership AND $80 fee, which is waived for 8 hours of work party attendance
Onetime initiation fee of $125"

Generally not busy. I visited last weekend with my son. When we arrived there were maybe 12 people total. Most of those were shooting Sunday Trap. 90 minutes later we were the only people there.

Weekends are busier of course. But weekdays I'm frequently the only one there.
I must be thinking of another club. That one as like a $1000 per year and initiation fee on top. Do you have a link to that place by any chance?

I would never belong to a club that would have me as a member. Groucho Marks.

I just dropped a membership application in the mail. Does that mean at earliest I should expect to hear from them next January?

Maynard Rod and Gun Club is a hidden gem. New members welcome always. Check out our web site or PM if interested.
Thanks for the info! Westwood is about 10 minutes from my new house so that's the real draw. If it doesn't work out I'll definitely look into Maynard.

Back
Top Bottom