Shooting while pepper sprayed

I recall hearing stories of trainers who would spray students, and then have them shoot, in order to get them used to shooting while stressed/learn how to work through the spray/etc. Apparently after a few times they'd get pretty good at it.

Yup, pepper spray sucks. It will make you want to gouge your eyes out. I can't imagine how anyone could get used to that.

On a more serious note; A couple years back a member ran an OC class and demonstrated (with an airsoft pistol) that indeed one can effectively fight both with and without a handgun.

Given the right mindset, anything is possible.

On a more serious note; A couple years back a member ran an OC class and demonstrated (with an airsoft pistol) that indeed one can effectively fight both with and without a handgun.

Yeah, that was Big Daddy 45acp. He did a pretty good job of it too. His main point, as I recall, is that if you fight through it, you can do a lot while pepper sprayed. As soon as you stop and lose the adrenaline, though, it'll take you down hard.

Lmao! I can appreciate this a little. I got oc certified a couple weeks ago and was sprayed then had to fight two guys that had kick bags for 30 seconds. I should have had someone tape it. You all would have gotten a laugh out of it.

Pepper spray is some bad shit! Lol

great-motivators-31.jpg

Yeah, that was Big Daddy 45acp. He did a pretty good job of it too. His main point, as I recall, is that if you fight through it, you can do a lot while pepper sprayed. As soon as you stop and lose the adrenaline, though, it'll take you down hard.

jdubois, thanks for the props! And your are correct in your recollection. Just because you have been sprayed, you are NOT out of the fight. You can fight through the pain and take appropriate action. As I like to say, "Spray me with that and you have exactly 30 seconds to live!"

jdubois, thanks for the props! And your are correct in your recollection. Just because you have been sprayed, you are NOT out of the fight. You can fight through the pain and take appropriate action. As I like to say, "Spray me with that and you have exactly 30 seconds to live!"

That was a very, very informative class. Anyone that believes that pepper spray will always end the fight is sorely mistaken. Great class Tiny!

Except for the fact that he points the gun at his own head around ten times, it is funny as all hell.

These Russian guys crack me up. BTW, Happy Yuri Gagrarin day!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom