Shooting with a RDS.

That makes sense. So, the cc is a different footprint than the regular RMR. I just picked up a G45MOS, actually a few weeks back. The RMR shipped, should be here shortly. Looks nice.

Ive been wanting an rmr for my vp9L, but in typical HK fashion the mounting plates are made from unobtanium.

Tried out a friends a couple weeks ago and it sold me on the sight

Ive been wanting an rmr for my vp9L, but in typical HK fashion the mounting plates are made from unobtanium.

Tried out a friends a couple weeks ago and it sold me on the sight
Check out riflegear.com , that’s where I got my mounting plate (and RMRcc). They do have some diff plates if i remember correctly.

Check out riflegear.com , that’s where I got my mounting plate (and RMRcc). They do have some diff plates if i remember correctly.
Thanks, shows OOS there too. Demand is higher than supply until HK sends another shipment

Leave it on when you’re carrying it (if you’re worried about battery life). I don’t know anybody with two brain cells left that would carry an RMR type and not have it powered up before stepping outside. That’s kind of a ridiculous reason.

That, or just get one with shake awake etc.... so it only turns off if no motion for like 20 minutes....

In short, nothing that a couple thousand repetitions won't cure. :) I'm sold on RDS pistols at this point, just need to put the time in to make it work properly. And now I need more holsters...

Don't forget to do a few thousand reps strong and weak hand, around barricades, in different positions. Makes a huge difference

Don't forget to do a few thousand reps strong and weak hand, around barricades, in different positions. Makes a huge difference
Yeah, good call. I haven't tried around a barricade yet. I'm assuming at this point most holster manufacturers have RDS versions?

That, or just get one with shake awake etc.... so it only turns off if no motion for like 20 minutes....
You know, when I was briefly considering leupold and holosun, I thought shake awake sounded like a good feature. But, then I realized I probably never sat still long enough for that to work. It didn't take much for the leupold to turn back on. Then I said to myself, if this is on my nightstand, would I want some chinese red dot that was off and hoped like hell it would shake awake at 0300? Then I realized I was overthinking again, and just ordered the Trijicon.

You know, when I was briefly considering leupold and holosun, I thought shake awake sounded like a good feature. But, then I realized I probably never sat still long enough for that to work. It didn't take much for the leupold to turn back on. Then I said to myself, if this is on my nightstand, would I want some chinese red dot that was off and hoped like hell it would shake awake at 0300? Then I realized I was overthinking again, and just ordered the Trijicon.
As the saying goes in the Pentagon, no one ever got fired for purchasing Trijicon...

Going to bump this. After dragging ass, finally put my RMR on last week. Definitely going to take some getting used to, but what a difference. Should have got one years ago. If anyone is on the fence about trying one, just do it. I don't care what brand you pick, just get one.

After several years of considering mounting a red dot on a pistol I did it. About 6 months ago I put a Leupold delta point pro on my Sig P320 X5 Legion. It has taken me a while to get used to using the red dot and finally see the benefit of the cost. This is a group I shot at 50 feet shooting at a moderate speed. I know I can tighten that group up with more practice but I am happy so far. View attachment 447814
That is a very good group. Bullseye league group if it was 50 feet without a rest. Nice work.

Leave it on when you’re carrying it (if you’re worried about battery life). I don’t know anybody with two brain cells left that would carry an RMR type and not have it powered up before stepping outside. That’s kind of a ridiculous reason.
Left my m68 on for over a year in Iraq on my second deployment when we were issued them. I believe those are stated to have Batley life of 8 years.

Yeah.....I agree.....if you have a red dot optic on a carry piece just leave it the hell on in the holster. If you have one on your carry piece that has a battery that won't last a few hours switched on in the holster you've got a piece of shit optic and would be better woth irons imo

it does not turn automatically - it never turns off as it senses the movement while you walk. and drains the battery.

i had a holosun on a rifle - and when it was left on by mistake it drained battery in 2 months. so, it is not 'years'. but, whatever.
2 months? The military m68 lasts 8 years.

ok, i will try again.

after a claim that anyone with brains will only carry an RDS turned on - i gave here the exact durations of time of how long a specific Leupold DPP RDS shown on a picture and a topic of this thread will remain lit. it is a 1000 hrs - and i know from my DPP - it is a bit on an enthusiastic side. 600 hrs is more like it, as i am on a third battery now with it.

so i will say, again - a said brainiac with a DPP kept turned on permanently in a month or 2 of carrying it will draw it and will have a quite high probability of seeing no dot.

trijicon claims 3 years on SRO - and i will believe it when i will see it. from what i have heard so far from people who actually compete with it and transitioned to it from DPP - it is not that much different battery life wise from DPP when used at daylight.
If your using a Leopold with 600 hour battery life you just need a better one. Many quality optics will get battery life in years not months.

UBZLE5839.jpg
Been loving this setup....RMR type 2 w/ 3.25 MOA dot. Only took it out once so far, but have been dry firing and practicing presentation around the house for a couple weeks. I'm getting used to finding the dot, I found if I bring the gun up like I was lining up the irons, I usually only have to dip the muzzle down a bit to have the dot drop in from the top.

Definitely fast target acquisition, more accurate (with trigger time), and I noticed the dot gives instant feedback on if you are pulling shots, left/right or up/down. Not easy to see with irons, but if I'm slapping the trigger, or don't have a decent grip on the gun, the dot will let you know.

In regards to brand choice, I chose the RMR for a couple reasons. Made in USA, longer battery life than most, and Triji's reputation in regards to longevity, QC, and standing behind their product.

The biggest seller was the abuse they will take. Watch Sage Dynamic's Aaron Cowan do multiple torture tests on these over the course of 10k rounds. They do not quit. That said, the Holosun options were very tempting at almost half the price, but this was my first, and possibly only venture in to the pistol mounted RDS, so I figured try the most vetted setup.

To each their own....

I have been carrying this at 3 o'clock IWB since last year. I have heard mixed things about Sig’s optics, but buying this 365XL RX with the optic already mounted was only an extra $90.
No problems with either of my sig Romeo optics so far (Romeo Zero and Romeo one). The battery on my p320 has lasted a couple of years, and several classes and thousands of rounds, though I don’t carry it much. The Motac has thus far always worked. In fact I have had a hard time sneaking up on it. The slightest motion, like opening the safe, turns it on.A3AFD2C0-6750-40F6-969F-65FF6F6BC766.jpeg3E446BB1-AEBC-484A-9F58-D1F8070B4817.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom