Shotshell Caddies

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 67409

Three questions about shell caddies for 3-gun:

*Is there a gun shop in New England that offers a wide variety of shell caddies who will let me try before I buy? With there being belt-mounted caddies, chest-rig caddies, and drop-leg caddies, I want to see how these fit together when I'm also wearing a pistol + mags at 4:00 before I spend $100-200 on caddies.

*How many shells can be practically worn at one time while not being excessively obtrusive? The 24-shell caddies look rather large and painful if I ever have to go prone (which was an option at the last match I shot and was a shotgun + rifle stage).

*Is it worth it to make your own caddie? I'm watching this guy's video and he already spent $80 minimum for the hot glue gun, the plastic, and the belt clasps.

Go to some 3gun matches and see whats being used , talk with others and ask if you can run a few stages with others gear.

Only going to spend $100-$200?
I guess you won’t be getting much gear...

Where are you located?

Your best bet is to show up at a match and ask questions. Everyone there with decent gear has already spent more that that on the gear they bought before they bought the gear they are using in the match.

Also, it would be cheaper for you if you can decide if you want to load duels or quads before buying anything.

Shotshell caddies are the single most expensive piece of gear there is.

In any case, get quad (or quad capable) caddies. You can still duel load off a quad caddy but can’t quad load off a dual caddy.

And it’s almost certainly not worth it to make your own unless.

Just to follow up: I received an obscenely-shaped cleaning kit and a 20-shell caddie from King Competition, in addition to a shotgun belt.

20200118_090519[1].jpg

20200118_085649[1].jpg

At all of the 3guns I’ve been to, loading a shotgun is the biggest factor bar none.

not saying you need a $200 set up. It’s just the time suck. Load from a dump pouch fast. Or slow from a quad load rig. You have to do your part.

Back
Top Bottom