• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Should have a Ruger Single Six by the end of this week!!!!

Found the exact Ruger Single Six I want at Cabelas in East Hartford. They are holding it for me while Guns and Gun Parts in West Springfield makes sure that its 100% Mass compliant which we are 99.99999999% sure it is but he just wants to make sure so he can transfer it to me, which he charging $25 to do.

So the Ruger is blued and has the 6.5 inch barrel and has a .22LR and .22magnum cylinders with adjustable sights.

Hopefully Guns and Gun Parts hears back from Ruger tomorrow about this specific model being complaint so I can go back to Cabelas to pay for it and have them send it up.

Best part is Guns and Gun Parts has his FFL on file with Cabelas. So if any Mass residents want to buy a gun at Cabelas they have many FFLs from around Mass already on file to make the process a little easier.

Anyway once I have it I hope to post some pics.

Nice! Pretty sure you are all set, I was looking at that pistol when I lived in MA due to it's compliance. Still want to pick one up someday.

I have one and love it!

(For some reason the finish rusted sitting in my safe in my apartment. I cleaned it up and now I keep it very well oiled! :) )

I really like mine, especially the .22mag part. You will too.

left2%20800x401.jpg

The single six is MA compliant. They are pretty common in MA, how come you just didn't get it in state? I've one, also convertable, in stainless with the 5.5 barrel, the 6.5 seemed a bit long for it. Same as this: Except the 22 Magnum cylinder has .22 magnum stamped on the outside, this one looks like it has 2 .22 long rifle cylinders.

Singlesix.jpg

It makes for a good warm up/practice gun for: in .357.

vacqero.jpg

Last edited:
Single Six's are fun to shoot, my ex father inlaw had one, but it was the older model, the PIA version. They have good accuracy. Ruger makes some of the best old west style firearms in my opinion. Only draw back with Rugers vs. the others, their hammer spurs are generaly higher, which can make it hard for people with small hands to cycle the gun one handed. This is very true for the larger frame/caliber ones. Overall, if you are into old western style single action six shooters, this is a great, cost effective, easy to shoot gun. The other thing is, while the semi autos, are a great gun for target shooting, they can be finicky, this little one will eat what ever you feed it, and will go bang everytime.

Congrats on the purchase, if they do the transfer ( don't know why they wouldn't), and have fun with it. Be safe.

I've had one on order for over 4 months. When I checked on Rugers site the only ones that were listed as Mass. compliant were the Stainless ones.

The first hand gun i bought was a 1962 single six ruger, I have thought about selling it but glad i talked myself out of it. Fun and cheap gun to shoot.

I am looking for a old style .22MAG cylinder if anyone has one they can part with.

The first hand gun i bought was a 1962 single six ruger, I have thought about selling it but glad i talked myself out of it. Fun and cheap gun to shoot.

I am looking for a old style .22MAG cylinder if anyone has one they can part with.

I believe they have to matched to the gun, you may have to send it in to Ruger, maybe someone with a bit more in the know will respond.

I had one that either got buried someplace at my mom's or thrown away [not by me]. It was from 1964 IIRC, so hopefully that was close enough. I'll check this weekend.

Single Six 6-1/2"

Found the exact Ruger Single Six I want at Cabelas in East Hartford. They are holding it for me while Guns and Gun Parts in West Springfield makes sure that its 100% Mass compliant which we are 99.99999999% sure it is but he just wants to make sure so he can transfer it to me, which he charging $25 to do.

So the Ruger is blued and has the 6.5 inch barrel and has a .22LR and .22magnum cylinders with adjustable sights.

Hopefully Guns and Gun Parts hears back from Ruger tomorrow about this specific model being complaint so I can go back to Cabelas to pay for it and have them send it up.

Best part is Guns and Gun Parts has his FFL on file with Cabelas. So if any Mass residents want to buy a gun at Cabelas they have many FFLs from around Mass already on file to make the process a little easier.

Anyway once I have it I hope to post some pics.
Last time I was at Guns & Parts he had a few Single Sixes.
A & J Sporting in Housatonic had one 6-1/2" on consignment that looks almost new never fired.

Also Pete's Gun Shop in Adams Mass has a few 6-1/2" near new condition.
....Gee I would have sold you one 6-1/2" but without the mag cylinder.

Anyway no matter where you get one you should love it!!!!
I have a few of them different lengths, but I have a pair I use to practice instead of using my Vaquero's in .357.
Just wanted to show you options.
Good Luck;

Well it is offical. AAA Guns in West Springfield confirmed this particular Single Six is in fact Mass compliant and Cabelas is shipping it to them tomorrow. Should have it by Friday or Saturday!

I absolutely love mine. Bought it in '92 when I was still in the Marines. Paid $125 for it at a pawnshop just outside the gates and down the road from Camp Lejeune. It was in LNIB condition at the time of purchase too. Although accurate with the 22lr cylinder, it really shines with the .22wmr cyclinder in place.

22lr_guns.jpg

Last edited:
I bought the blued 6.5" model at the Shriner's Auditorium show this past spring. Love it, may be my favorite gun. It's handsome, feels great in my hand and is very accurate.

Other than my M&P 40, I probably put more rounds through the Single Six than anything else. I can't visit my club without putting at least one cylinder of the grin-inducing 22 Mag downrange.

I have one, six and a half inch barrel, blue, but its missing the 22 mag cylinder. Does anyone know if its possible to buy a replacement cylinder from Ruger ?
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom