Should I but "pre ban" Essential Arms lower

It turns out the lower I thought was Eagle Arms, turned out to be Essential Arms. I spoke to the resurrected company, and they can't guarantee that it was assembled as a complete rifle before 9/13/04. The current owner affirms that it was. He is asking 900 for the lower + almost new Bushmaster flatttop upper (with only 100 rounds down range) and a generic folding stock.
Does it make sense for me to purchase it without iron clad preban proof?

Thanks,

Andrew.

It is a difficult question. On one hand, as long as you never do anything to attract attention, you'd probably never have the situation arise. On the other hand, the owner may not be telling the truth. Is this rifle already in MA? If so, it already has so-called assault features on it (the stock), so it's either been an illegal addition or it was assembled prior to the ban. I would ask more questions of the seller, and do more research on the components.

vellnueve,

The rifle is in NY. I will ask the seller if it was a complete rifle preban. Although I am wondering if it is worth an extra price premium for the preban, since the only feature I may benefit from the most, I think, is the flash supressor.

Back
Top Bottom