• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

should i get it?

a friend has offered me a brand new unfired SW 29-2 6" 44mag...blued gun with the wooden presentation case

i was thinking of ordering the model 29 classic...then this came along

which is better? which is closer to the REAL dirty harry gun (i know the real gun was a .45 LC)

he wants $500 for it...is it a good buy or no?

Get it. And yes, that's a good price assuming the gun is in good condition, etc. [grin]

If after buying it, you decide it's not for you, I'll help you out and take it off your hands for $400.

For the record, the "real" Dirty Harry revolver was an 8-3/8 Model 29-2, in .44 Magnum.

For the record, the "real" Dirty Harry revolver was an 8-3/8 Model 29-2, in .44 Magnum.

It appears that both the 6" & the 8 3/8" were used. The 8 3/8" was used mostly in the movie posters, the 6" was used for the actual movie.

Yes, get it. I recently bought a 29-2 in stainless with 8 3/8" barrel and it is a HOOT to shoot. I paid $600 but that included reloading dies. I thought that was a great price. Your offer is a steal.

Good luck!

Rich

Pay him quick before he changes his mind. I just bought a 29-2, 4 inch, nickel. It's a great gun, but I think the 6" would help tame the recoil a bit. The full length underlug on the Classic model makes it kind of front heavy. The 6" 29-2, with pinned barrel and recessed cylinders is "THE" classic Model 29. They don't make them any better than that.

It's worth more than $500, especially with the presentation case (+100) and if it has the box and tools and papers, maybe another $100.

PS, I'd give you $750 for it sight unseen, if you say it has never been fired. Jump on this gun.

Last edited:
DH's gun was a 6.5 inch 29-2. It's well documented.

And YES BUY THE FRICKIN GUN ! The 6 inch is rarer than the 6.5 and that price is a steal.

dhbadge%20635x640.jpg

If it's truly unfired or real close to it, and the case is in good shape, you could probably get a grand for it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom