Should I Sell My 2 Glock 9mm Happy Sticks Or Keep Them .What Do You Say NES Brain Trust.

M60

NES Member
So I've got these two, pre ban, 33 round, square notch, 9mm, magazines. I have two,Glock 19's, but these happy sticks look really stupid in the 19's and I doubt I'd ever use the happy sticks in the two Glocks. I have pre ban magazines for both Glock 19's as well. As a result, the happy sticks just take up safe space. Conversely, the happy sticks don't need to be fed and watered three times a day either and the prices on these things keep increasing to stupid levels. So what say you NES Braintrust? Keep the happy sticks or dump them. Got my box of pop corn ready, so let'r rip.

'60 (OP) .. you just gave me an idea. Next time my sporting club has a Steel Plate Pistol Shoot, I think I'm gonna run my SR9c with my 33-round sticks. The SR9c is pretty close in size to the G19 ... I'm certain I'll get some strange looks. If anyone asks ... I'm training to go against the Chicago gang-bangers
Chicago Crime, Murder & Mayhem | Criminal Infographics | HeyJackass!

In truth, I bought the 33-rounders (1) because I could / they haven't been banned yet in my geography and (2) I mostly run 'em in my Ruger 9mm PC Carbine.

Last edited:
Dump one and keep one. If you do decide to sell one let me know what you would want for it as I currently have no happy sticks.

Depends on how the SC rules after this week's hearings. It could be they turn mostly worthless. I doubt it, but I can wish.

Preban square happy sticks? That's the unicorn for people chasing those types of things. I'm gladly over that myself, but put the pair up for like $1k and see if you get any bites. I wouldn't be surprised if you did considering people are already trying to sell U notch happy sticks for $300-400. each.

they are not really practical IMHO, or reliable enough to use as anything other than a range toy to waste 25 bucks at a time.

If you can cash out and use the $ for something else you want go for it

The smaller the grip, the more they rock, leading to failure to strip a round.

Personally a 17 round magazine is plenty, a 17 round magazine with a +2 floor plate is more than enough, and they will be reliable even in a G26 IMHO

33 round magazines as spares? Nope.

2 17's or 19's as backups? Yep.

In free states those magazines are in the $50 range BNIB IIRC, and you still don't see them in wide use.... they suck to load.

Sell it. The happy sticks always seems like a novelty item. At today's ammo prices, it would be real baller to go through multiple happy sticks. Always thought the G17 mags with +6 extension was the most versatile. Can use in a handgun and PCC and look very normal.

they are not really practical IMHO, or reliable enough to use as anything other than a range toy to waste 25 bucks at a time.

Personally a 17 round magazine is plenty, a 17 round magazine with a +2 floor plate is more than enough, and they will be reliable even in a G26 IMHO

In free states those magazines are in the $50 range BNIB IIRC, and you still don't see them in wide use.... they suck to load.
If your running a pcc they're practical if not your right ditch em

I agree with you. Glock pre ban 17 and 19 magazines are what I use in my glock 19's.

Keep them unless you feel like ripping off a weak kneed moron. (Aka the morons who will pay more than 50 bucks for a preban mag) Or sell them to a close friend for $40 a pop or something.
I actually karma'd pre ban u notch glock 17 magazines once or twice a few years back to protest high prices on Glock pre ban magazines.

I actually karma'd pre ban u notch glock 17 magazines once or twice a few years back to protest high prices on Glock pre ban magazines.
Good on you, honestly I'd do the same, in part because i f***ing hate u notch mags, but if it helps someone out, great!

FWIW I don't blame the sellers for those prices. Weak pant shitters who are scared of the AG sneaking under their bed created and stoked that market. Back when the market was pre sandy hook the buyers were tougher and not nearly as retarded.

Back
Top Bottom