• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Should I Sell My 2 Glock 9mm Happy Sticks Or Keep Them .What Do You Say NES Brain Trust.

Good on you, honestly I'd do the same, in part because i f***ing hate u notch mags, but if it helps someone out, great!

FWIW I don't blame the sellers for those prices. Weak pant shitters who are scared of the AG sneaking under their bed created and stoked that market. Back when the market was pre sandy hook the buyers were tougher and not nearly as retarded.
I remember Sandy hook like it was yesterday. I had purchased a windham plastic receiver AR with a pencil barrel the week before from a shop nib for $650.00. The more I thought about it I liked the light weight idea for in home defense but not the receiver so I brought it to the .the shop to sell and the shop was packed with buyers from all over the state. I had to walk sideways into the shop to sell it. It was the day after Sandy hook. People were trying to buy it on the way in and waving stacks of money at me. The shop owner asked me what I wanted for it and I asked what is it worth. He smiled and announced he had a window AR new in the box for $1450.00 and it was sold in seconds. Then the shop owner asked if I had any ammo I wanted to sell because he knew I had a stash. I had received 2000 rounds of cheap crap steel cased Russian 223 in trades that I didn't want to put through my pre ban AR so I told him and he whispered go get it Im all sold out. I was back in 15 minutes with the 2000 rounds in 250 round boxes. He sold each 250 round box for $250.00 again in seconds. I walked out with cash stuffed in my pockets wondering what in the world just happened and ran into a guy that wanted to sell some stuff but couldn't get into the shop. He had 1000 rounds of the ammo I had just sold and the 2 glock happy sticks that I still have. I asked what he wanted and he said $200.00 for the 1000 rounds of Russian steel cased .223 and $40.00 each for the pre ban happy sticks. I bought it all with cash right there in the parking area .I kept the happy sticks and again sold the Russian 1000 rounds of steel cased ammo for another $1000.00 in seconds. I had no idea madness had started that day but was surely in the right place at the right time the day after Sandy Hook I went home a happy camper for sure.

Last edited:
I remember Sandy hook like it was yesterday. I had purchased a winham plastic receiver AR with a pencil barrel the week before from a shop nib for $650.00. The more I thought about it I liked the light weight idea for in home defense but not the receiver so I brought it to the .the shop to sell and the shop was packed with buyers from all over the state. I had to walk sideways into the shop to sell it. It was the day after Sandy hook. People were trying to buy it on the way in and waving stacks of money at me. The shop owner asked me what I wanted for it and I asked what is it worth. He smiled and announced he had a window AR new in the box for $1450.00 and it was sold in seconds. Then the shop owner asked if I had any ammo I wanted to sell because he knew I had a stash. I had received 2000 rounds of cheap crap Russian 223 in trades that I didn't want to put through my pre ban AR so I told him and he whispered go get it Im all sold out. I was back in 15 minutes with the 2000 rounds in 250 round boxes. He sold each 250 round box for $250.00 again in seconds. I walked out with cash stuffed in my pockets wondering what in the world just happened and ran into a guy that wanted to sell some stuff but couldn't get into the shop. He had 1000 rounds of the ammo I had just sold and the 2 glock happy sticks that I still have. I asked what he wanted and he said $200.00 for the 1000 rounds of Russian steel cased .223 and $40.00 each for the pre ban happy sticks. I bought it all with cash right there I the parking area .I kept the happy sticks and again sold the Russian 1000 rounds of steel cased ammo for another $1000.00 in seconds. I had no idea madness had started that day but was surely in the right place at the right time the day after Sandy Hook I went home a happy camper for sure.

I remember that week well, hopefully people learned to plan/prepare better. but we know they didn't.

you could always hacksaw off the top of one, and the bottom of the other and after a little JB-WELD you'd have a 66-round magazine... [rofl]
600px-Longcat_buildings.jpg.optimal.jpg

Good on you, honestly I'd do the same, in part because i f***ing hate u notch mags, but if it helps someone out, great!

FWIW I don't blame the sellers for those prices. Weak pant shitters who are scared of the AG sneaking under their bed created and stoked that market. Back when the market was pre sandy hook the buyers were tougher and not nearly as retarded.
I actually like the metal lined preban u notch magazines better than the square notch magazines. The u notch magazines are the only magazines I'm aware of thet retain the loaded magazine in the grip frame if the mag release button is pushed by accident under stress during a fire fight. Just give it a push and your back in the fight . No looking around in the dark for your magazine thats now on the ground somewhere while a bad guy is doing a walking assault on your position. Can't do that with a square notch Glock magazine. No one ever seems to consider this feature. As for me, ill take all of the advantages that I can get.

you could always hacksaw off the top of one, and the bottom of the other and after a little JB-WELD you'd have a 66-round magazine... [rofl]

View attachment 538870

Then add a rubber cane tip and you will have the best load-out going...

View attachment 538871

View attachment 538886
View attachment 538888
View attachment 538889
View attachment 538890
View attachment 538891
View attachment 538892
View attachment 538896
Lol.But how do you holster that thing and find a mag pouch for it.

View attachment 538870

Then add a rubber cane tip and you will have the best load-out going...

View attachment 538871

View attachment 538886
View attachment 538888
View attachment 538889
View attachment 538890
View attachment 538891
View attachment 538892
View attachment 538896

Holy sh*t, that made me almost spit out bourbon! lol. The ingenuity too, making each picture narrower to line them up....bravo!

I actually like the metal lined preban u notch magazines better than the square notch magazines. The u notch magazines are the only magazines I'm aware of thet retain the loaded magazine in the grip frame if the mag release button is pushed by accident under stress during a fire fight. Just give it a push and your back in the fight . No looking around in the dark for your magazine thats now on the ground somewhere while a bad guy is doing a walking assault on your position. Can't do that with a square notch Glock magazine. No one ever seems to consider this feature. As for me, ill take all of the advantages that I can get.

Mags that don't drop free are total shit in my book. Different philosophies i guess. I've never had one come out accidentally even under stress. Glock magazine releases suck enough that it's pretty hard to actually drop one by accident.

That's what I said when they were selling for $100.00 each. Now they are asking $400.00 _ $500.00 for these fool things.
The key word here is "asking" $400-$500.
I hope to hell no one is actually paying that much. 🤷
But hey, if you can find someone to buy @ that price, go for it.
You said yourself you don't really use them, they just sit in the safe.
The only other good advice I can offer is to KARMA them. 😁😁😁😁✌️

Mags that don't drop free are total shit in my book. Different philosophies i guess. I've never had one come out accidentally even under stress. Glock magazine releases suck enough that it's pretty hard to actually drop one by accident.
Everything you said here is true but I'll still take the advantage of not dropping free just cuz I can.

Last edited:
You answered your own question. “Look stupid in the 19’s”.
Pass them on to another NES member.

I hate safe queen mags and also guns.

I have a funny feeling you won’t be using them anytime now or future.

So I've got these two, pre ban, 33 round, square notch, 9mm, magazines. I have two,Glock 19's, but these happy sticks look really stupid in the 19's and I doubt I'd ever use the happy sticks in the two Glocks. I have pre ban magazines for both Glock 19's as well. As a result, the happy sticks just take up safe space. Conversely, the happy sticks don't need to be fed and watered three times a day either and the prices on these things keep increasing to stupid levels. So what say you NES Braintrust? Keep the happy sticks or dump them. Got my box of pop corn ready, so let'r rip.
I say keep them, have them set up in your home defense pistols. I would not give them up.

You answered your own question. “Look stupid in the 19’s”.
Pass them on to another NES member.

I hate safe queen mags and also guns.

I have a funny feeling you won’t be using them anytime now or future.
I believe your correct. A few here have suggested a pcc that takes Glock magazines but I have a pre ban colt AR 9mm already so I don't see another that uses Glock mags in my future.

I have a 25-round pre-ban in 9mm which I regret buying even though my PCC accepts it. The problem is that I don't have a place to shoot it fully loaded, so I don't trust myself to adapt to the change in balance. Also, given the magazine-related issues I've had with ejection issues, I wouldn't want to bet my life on it functioning "the first time" for me.

But I also know myself. If I sell it, a case of seller's regret is inevitable. After all, I may need to load those 25-rounds of ZombieMax after all.

Teh week after Sandy Hook, I brought all of my excess toys to FS. Carl was happy. 2 weeks later when I went to pick up the check, I was VERY happy.

Teh week after Sandy Hook, I brought all of my excess toys to FS. Carl was happy. 2 weeks later when I went to pick up the check, I was VERY happy.
I'm glad you did well with Carl but you didn't need to drive way up there to sell your excess toys. The Gun Runner right here blew through the AR and 3000 rounds of ammo that I brought him in seconds.

Back
Top Bottom