Should I Sell My 2 Glock 9mm Happy Sticks Or Keep Them .What Do You Say NES Brain Trust.

I remember Sandy hook like it was yesterday. I had purchased a winham plastic receiver AR with a pencil barrel the week before from a shop nib for $650.00. The more I thought about it I liked the light weight idea for in home defense but not the receiver so I brought it to the .the shop to sell and the shop was packed with buyers from all over the state. I had to walk sideways into the shop to sell it. It was the day after Sandy hook. People were trying to buy it on the way in and waving stacks of money at me. The shop owner asked me what I wanted for it and I asked what is it worth. He smiled and announced he had a window AR new in the box for $1450.00 and it was sold in seconds. Then the shop owner asked if I had any ammo I wanted to sell because he knew I had a stash. I had received 2000 rounds of cheap crap steel cased Russian 223 in trades that I didn't want to put through my pre ban AR so I told him and he whispered go get it Im all sold out. I was back in 15 minutes with the 2000 rounds in 250 round boxes. He sold each 250 round box for $250.00 again in seconds. I walked out with cash stuffed in my pockets wondering what in the world just happened and ran into a guy that wanted to sell some stuff but couldn't get into the shop. He had 1000 rounds of the ammo I had just sold and the 2 glock happy sticks that I still have. I asked what he wanted and he said $200.00 for the 1000 rounds of Russian steel cased .223 and $40.00 each for the pre ban happy sticks. I bought it all with cash right there I the parking area .I kept the happy sticks and again sold the Russian 1000 rounds of steel cased ammo for another $1000.00 in seconds. I had no idea madness had started that day but was surely in the right place at the right time the day after Sandy Hook I went home a happy camper for sure.
The buying the ammo in the parking lot and then going into the store and selling it for what you knew was a much, much higher price strikes me as very unethical. Am I missing something? Serious question.

Arbitrage is taking advantage of price differences between two (or more) different markets. Your argument is that the Parking Lot and the Store are different markets?

I am waiting back to hear from the OP to make sure I am not missing something. If I am not, then the OP is not someone I would ever befriend. But I am withholding judgment for the moment.

Arbitrage is taking advantage of price differences between two (or more) different markets. Your argument is that the Parking Lot and the Store are different markets?

Yes. There are different markets everywhere.

Your argument of ethics is shit. That's not inherently unethical.

I am waiting back to hear from the OP to make sure I am not missing something. If I am not, then the OP is not someone I would ever befriend. But I am withholding judgment for the moment.

I don't judge people for making money, but whatever. You act like he deceived or cheated the seller or something. [rofl]

I don't judge people for making money, but whatever. You act like he deceived or cheated the seller or something. [rofl]
Absent additional facts, yeah that's exactly what happened. I am far from perfect, but my parents raised me better than that.

So you are an ethics professor in addition to your aforementioned finance degree? Enlighten me.

Absent additional facts, yeah that's exactly what happened. I am far from perfect, but my parents raised me better than that.
You missed the part where the guy who sold him the ammo was basically too lazy to go into the store. The seller even set the price!!!!

I'll invoke a Boudrie on you.... so you're selling your house and a potential buyer puts an offer in 100k over list... you're going to go "no" ?

"Doubt"

This isn't any different.

You are free to judge all you like. I asked the seller what he wanted for his merchandise. He gave me his price and I paid his asking price.
Both the buyer and seller walked away from the transaction happy. He didn't want to bull his way into the people packed shop to sell to the dealer. I did.

So you are an ethics professor in addition to your aforementioned finance degree? Enlighten me.

Ha! I looked up ethics and you may have me! Morality or morals might have been a better way to phrase it.

But the OP could very well have committed actionable legal fraud by not disclosing superior information, or making a misrepresentation. I do not know the specific laws in the OP's state. And if the other person was over 60 there might well be additional enhancements available. Now we all know that our government doesn't enforce many laws anymore...

The buying the ammo in the parking lot and then going into the store and selling it for what you knew was a much, much higher price strikes me as very unethical. Am I missing something? Serious question.
Unethical ! People make money every day by buying low and selling high. Ever hear of the stock market.

Ha! I looked up ethics and you may have me! Morality or morals might have been a better way to phrase it.

But the OP could very well have committed actionable legal fraud by not disclosing superior information, or making a misrepresentation. I do not know the specific laws in the OP's state. And if the other person was over 60 there might well be additional enhancements available. Now we all know that our government doesn't enforce many laws anymore...

You are free to judge all you like. I asked the seller what he wanted for his merchandise. He gave me his price and I paid his asking price.
Both the buyer and seller walked away from the transaction happy. He didn't want to bull his way into the people packed shop to sell to the dealer. I did.
If you told him the price you had just received he would have gone into the store, or at the very least negotiated a better price. I am judging you. I have made mistakes in my life that, upon reflection, have guided my actions in the future. But if you find your conduct above-board then I am judging you.

If you told him the price you had just received he would have, or at the very least negotiated a better price. I am judging you. I have made mistakes in my life that, upon reflection, have guided my actions in the future. But I'd you find your conduct above-board then I am judging you.

Pure faggotry, he is under no obligation to tell anyone, anything.

Go into a retail shop and ask what stuff costs and then stamp your feet when they dont tell you, etc. [rofl]

Really? You are really this dumb?

So your saying that if a seller sets a price on his merchandise, a buyer agrees to the price and buys it and now owns the sellers merchandise he is not free to sell that merchandise at any price he chooses? I have to ask if you have ever heard of the free enterprise system. It happens to be be one of the premises this country was founded on.

Last edited:
I erred earlier when I brought up enforcing the law. This would just be a civil matter, of course, but definitely actionable.

If you told him the price you had just received he would have gone into the store, or at the very least negotiated a better price. I am judging you. I have made mistakes in my life that, upon reflection, have guided my actions in the future. But if you find your conduct above-board then I am judging you.
So in your world whenever you buy something the seller is obligated to disclose to you what he paid prior to your purchase?

Last edited:
Look it up. Withholding superior information brings this into the realm of fraud, legally.

No, it doesn't, and this assertion is f***ing laughable. The seller has no obligation to f***ing tell him anything. ZERO.

By that logic every gun or other retail shop is committing fraud because they won't tell you what they paid for something. And Deli Ticket Emporium is very fraudy because they sell lots of
used guns for like 300+ over cost, based soley on things like information gap arbitrage.

There's no legal or moral obligation to make a buyer (or seller for that matter) informed or not dumb. It is not fraud to shut your mouth. [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom