Should you know if your neighbor owns a gun?

Whats good for the goose... 1/2 hour tops using google.

Brian McGrory Editor
3 Fairfield Apt 3 Boston MA

Bina J Venkataraman
editorial page editor

32 Gorham Street
Somerville, MA

Jennifer Peter
Managing Editor
8 Linden St
Boston, MA 02127

Jason Tuohey
MANAGING EDITOR, DIGITAL
1 Farm Rd, Belmont, MA, 2478-4823

Michelle Micone
VICE PRESIDENT, INNOVATION & STRATEGIC INITIATIVES
Address Unknown
Westwood MA

I say publish, let’s find out who all the gun grabbing hypocrites are, and more importantly, the criminals will know where all the unarmed persons live..

Funny that a bunch of the comments are about not wanting their kid to play in a house with guns. They are completely ignoring the findings of Freakonomics authors Stephen Dubner and Steve Levitt:

DUBNER: One of the questions that we posed in our first book, in Freakonomics, was simply this, what’s more dangerous, if let’s say you’re the parent of young children, what’s more dangerous, a house with a gun in it, or a house with a swimming pool in the backyard? What’s the answer to that question?

LEVITT: Yeah, the answer to that question is incredibly easy. And the swimming pool is far, far more dangerous than the gun when it comes to young children. So what we did is we looked at the number of child deaths that were due to swimming pools, the number of child deaths that were due to guns, and then we put it in terms of how often will a given swimming pool kill a child versus how often will a particular gun kill a child. And it turns out that the swimming pool is far more lethal than the gun, that a given swimming pool is 100 times more likely to lead to the death of a child than a particular gun is to lead to the death of a child. And so, I know a lot of parents who would say I would never let my child go over to the house of someone who has a gun in the house, but I’ve actually never heard anyone say I will never let my child go over to the house of someone who has a swimming pool, when in fact that’s completely reversed when it comes to the risk that the two products actually have.

Note that they are talking about "child deaths" meaning kids under ten years old. The gun grabbers always include "children" up to nineteen years old so they can include all the gang bangers as children.

Back in the ‘70’s there was a rumor/practice of swingers displaying “gazing balls” on their lawn to identify with others.
View attachment 498708
I hadn't heard that about the gazing balls (though it would explain a lot). I never could keep track of these code things, though: I've been told recently that I'm a Nazi cuz my Lems shipped with red shoelaces. [thinking]

In terms of swingers, back in the old neighborhood when my grandparents were young, apparently they had key parties at the firehouse. [shocked]

Edit: the old neighbors, that is - not my grandparents.

Last edited:
I assume that any house with a US flag displayed has guns in it.

I know one neighbor definitely has guns - I found out through a weird 3rd degree of separation kind of network. I've never brought it up, although we chat frequently on the street. No idea if he found out that I also have guns through the same network or not.

There are several others who I suspect have guns (veterans, blue collar guys, small business owners, southerners, etc) but it's obviously none of my business. If the glob published such a list the local Karens would go bananas, they'd be hush-hush gossiping for days instead of just hours [laugh]

Most of my close neighbors have guns and know I have them. Years ago one asked how to take his teenage son shooting because the lid asked to go. Told him to show up in half an hour. Between another neighbor and myself the kid and dad had a blast. But that was back when ammo was cheap.

This article is such a poor excuse for journalism its not even funny, but I guess we should expect no less nowadays. The first and last two sentences are all you need to read. Everything in between is rubbish. Its all code for the feeble minded idiots walking amongst us in society.

Neighbor gains access to law abiding gun owners information.
Neighbor decides to red flag gun owner because f that guy.
Now the law abiding gun owner is no longer a law abiding gun owner.
Neighbor ignorantly sleeps better.
The previously law abiding gun owner lists neighbor house as estate sale on craigslist while neighbor is out of town.

Also, seeing lots of replies in this thread of people who want to know this information, albeit not wanting others to know theirs, is it sarcasm?
Privacy goes both ways.

Go be trans and i got guns.

Last edited:
If you hold an appointment as a BFS Instructor, the fact that you also have an LTC (which is a requirement for such appointment) is already publicly revealed: MSP publishes a list of BFS Instructors, their home towns, and phone numbers.

As for me, all of my neighbors fit into one (or more) of the following categories:

(1) They have come to me for BFS training and certificate;

(2) They have asked me to take them shooting and/or for advanced training;

(3) They have asked if they can come to our house when the riots come to our neighborhood.

If you hold an appointment as a BFS Instructor, the fact that you also have an LTC (which is a requirement for such appointment) is already publicly revealed: MSP publishes a list of BFS Instructors, their home towns, and phone numbers.

As for me, all of my neighbors fit into one (or more) of the following categories:

(1) They have come to me for BFS training and certificate;

(2) They have asked me to take them shooting and/or for advanced training;

(3) They have asked if they can come to our house when the riots come to our neighborhood.
IIRC, instructors elect to be listed

Remember the paper in NY (I think it was NY) that pulled that stunt and then shit a brick when the public doxed them back for it?
edit:
My recollection was the paper wound up hiring armed guards and getting sued by some gun owners whose homes were proven to have been burglarized because of the paper's a**h*** map. I think a few domestic violence victims which had guns to protect themselves sued to for having their addresses revealed too.
I remember that one .
They were screaming and crying foul .
IIRC is was the Chans that gave it to them good.
Home addresses , pictures of their homes , pictures of their cars and license plates, home phone numbers, pictures of their kids schools.
I know that the newspapers haunt this place.
You paying attention Glob ?
Your not immune .

IIRC, instructors elect to be listed

Apparently, you are correct: the list itself states that it includes only people who elected to appear on it.

For the life of me, I have no recollection of so electing, but there's probably a lot of things more than 20 years ago that I no longer remember.

Apparently, you are correct: the list itself states that it includes only people who elected to appear on it.

For the life of me, I have no recollection of so electing, but there's probably a lot of things more than 20 years ago that I no longer remember.
As I recall, it's a single check box on the form we send in

Back in the ‘70’s there was a rumor/practice of swingers displaying “gazing balls” on their lawn to identify with others.
a4c31f5d-7d67-4a42-9854-a0174feadaf4-jpeg.498708
I bookmarked your post for this morning,
because I knew The Bride inexplicably likes gazing balls.

She's so picky she doesn't even like wearing matching clothes,
but she likes gazing balls.

Even I know they're tacky; colorfully attractive, but tacky.

So I just sprang your post on her and got two outcomes.
The first outcome was explained by the second outcome.
b3f7b99055084eee29509d589e22bd68.jpg
Her grandmother had a gazing ball. [shocked]

Note that they are talking about "child deaths" meaning kids under ten years old. The gun grabbers always include "children" up to nineteen years old so they can include all the gang bangers as children.
(As if gang bangers are any less likely than a 4-yo
to look down the muzzle while pulling the trigger [thumbsup] ).

So this was the swinger analog to the gays with the colored snotrags in their pockets? Lol
Great minds run in the same channel.

Ho-lee-sh¡t!

Now we gotta wonder: is there a gazing ball color code?

In terms of swingers, back in the old neighborhood when my grandparents were young, apparently they had key parties at the firehouse. [shocked]

Edit: the old neighbors, that is - not my grandparents.
This thread keeps delivering.
I first met some of my youngest brother-in-law's future in-laws
at a firehouse St. Patrick's Day party.
And my youngest brother-in-law bought a house with a hot tub.
Which they replaced with a fire pit!

What purpose would knowing if your neighbor owns a gun serve you other than to shame them or try and get them taken away? Getting more and more obvious with the "I want your guns" agenda despite the gaslighting
(Stipulation: they are not thinking the following at present, but ...)

Any prepper will tell you that they're exactly the sort of people
who will be anti-gun right up until the moment they need your guns
to protect their useless butts. At which point they show up on your
doorstep demanding that you risk your life and nest egg defending them.

More than one prepper with an underground shelter
faced with people joking at cocktail parties,
"if there's a famine, we're coming to a bunker"
has responded (in full seriousness),
"I'm leaving the hatch bolted
and laughing in your face through the intercom".

I'd like to know but I don't feel like I have a right to know.
To "refine" your thoughts - to suggest slightly more formal language:

You have the "want to know" -
but not the "need to know".

View attachment 498708
I did not know this.

But I did have to change the name of a boat I bought when I found out what the word “FELCHER” meant.

Last edited:
Whats good for the goose... 1/2 hour tops using google.

Brian McGrory Editor
3 Fairfield Apt 3 Boston MA

Bina J Venkataraman
editorial page editor

32 Gorham Street
Somerville, MA

Jennifer Peter
Managing Editor
8 Linden St
Boston, MA 02127

Jason Tuohey
MANAGING EDITOR, DIGITAL