Shoulder holsters

Anyone familiar with them? Looking for a more comfortable way to carry a .45 (double-stack 1911 type deal) while hiking or aimlessly wandering in the woods on an ATV this time of year. Not looking for anything Tommy Tactical, don't need to carry spare magazines, a straight bladed knife, 4 D-cell Maglight, IFAK, lug wrench, jumper cables, and fire extinguisher - just looking for a more comfortable way to carry. Concealment is not an issue. Gun is a bit on the heavy side to comfortably belt carry for a skinny guy like me. Looking for ANY suggestions on a more comfortable means of carry, really.

df844bd5740f17b8780471672d76156b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If concealment is no issue, the old GI M3 holster is hard to beat. Repro versions are all over the place, but genuine black 1970s-era surplus examples are still very easy to find as well.

I agree with Darkstar. Be advised no matter who it is if you go with leather you can get hide stains on white dress shirts in the summer/ indoor suit and tie. Keep it in mind.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

I bought a Galco VHS shoulder system. It holds two magazines on the opposite side and evens the weight out. A very well made holster. The VHS is vertical as apposed to the Miami Classic which is horizontal. Comfortable but you can only wear it outside in the colder weather. You can see from the picture of Don Johnson above wearing the holster incorrectly. Should be just under your armpit.

Last edited:
Yea I prefer the NY Undercover to the Miami Classic as the straps are wider and contoured so it supports the weight more comfortably.

Back
Top Bottom