• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Show me your AK

Just to clarify, AFAIK not all AK's with bi-pods are RPK's. The RPK is a specific design variant. I know for a fact that Adams is a Sar-1, because I regretfully sold it to him, and I don't regret selling many guns.

RPK info from Wikipedia

Variants
RPKN, RPKS, RPKSN, RPK-74, RPK-74N, RPKS-74, RPKS-74N

Here's the PSL-54c and my Bulgarian AK74 build.

DSCF0539a.jpg

The wood on the PSL is going to be refinished. It looks like it was done by a monkey with a really runny nose...

Last edited:
The wood on the PSL is going to be refinished. It looks like it was done by a monkey with a really runny nose...

They all do.[wink]

The one in my pic on the first page had to be stripped and scraped with furniture stripper because it was so heavy.

A few coats of a tung oil/minwax mix followed up by Minwax spray poly buffed in between coats gave the results shown.
I wanted the red-ish hue and durability of poly and it came out great.

Yeah... I started stripping the upper and lower forestock this evening. Multiple applications of strip-eze and there is still more to go.

I redid the stocks on the Bulgarian. I love the way the lower forestock looks. I just used minwax 'red oak' and many applications of BLO. It has an amazing reddish hue to it and is absolutely smooth. I wish the rest of the wood was made from the same material. I think I'm going to go the same route for the PSL.

an interesting specimen

I have a somewhat unusual MAK 90 I might put up for sale. It's one of those rifles that was in customs when the 1989 import ban went into effect. It was shipped back to China and modified to be legal. The original markings on the receiver were "written over" like the example at http://www.ak-47.us/Article_Detail.php?g=content1146683655 (scroll down to the 4th picture, right hand side of screen).

I'm traveling for my job right now but I'll try to put up some pictures early next week.

I usually don't mark out for plastic, but Zero Hour has a beautiful Bulgarian AK in 5.45x39. Its pretty much a copy of what the Russian army uses today.
I just wish it didn't cost so much or else I'd already own it.

Two different Polytech legends... regular stock and underfolder:

-1-1.jpg

0003886W0.jpg

Two different VZ58's - AK47 look alikes... but designed differently... but a great shooter... very accurate and very comfortable to shoot:

vz58_003_01.jpg

vz58_002_01.jpg

I would guess $900+, even WASR are going for $500 now. I got my Arsenal for $600 a few years ago and am so glad I got it, what a great rifle. You will pay more for an Arsenal but they awesome rifles.

<----------- I love my rifle....even though it probably makes Ray cringe looking at it.[smile]

I would guess $900+, even WASR are going for $500 now. I got my Arsenal for $600 a few years ago and am so glad I got it, what a great rifle. You will pay more for an Arsenal but they awesome rifles.

<----------- I love my rifle....even though it probably makes Ray cringe looking at it.[smile]

I think that's what I want. Thanks for the input.

I think your Arsenal Inc looks good. Its a new AK so plastic is ok since they're all polymer now with no wood.[smile]

The Bulgarian at Zero Hour is $1,000 and worth every penny. You just have to scoop up 5.45x39 ammo which is still relatively cheap since not many people have AKs that shoot it.

I think your Arsenal Inc looks good. Its a new AK so plastic is ok since they're all polymer now with no wood.[smile]

The Bulgarian at Zero Hour is $1,000 and worth every penny. You just have to scoop up 5.45x39 ammo which is still relatively cheap since not many people have AKs that shoot it.

Is it an Arsenal SLR105 ?

U should call them 1st ....they have an Arsenal SLR 106CR listed on their website which is 5.56 but they have it labeled as 5.45.

Here's my Romanian Sar-1 that i got off Gunbroker. The previous owner, who is a woodworker, refinished it. It's in great shape but unfortunately he failed to mention that the rear sight was canted to the right. I've drifted the front sight as much as possible to compensate but my groups at 50 yards are still about 2 inches to the right. I'm thinking a good solution would be to install Tech-sights.
ZO0K3913.jpg

Here's my Romanian Sar-1 that i got off Gunbroker. The previous owner, who is a woodworker, refinished it. It's in great shape but unfortunately he failed to mention that the rear sight was canted to the right. I've drifted the front sight as much as possible to compensate but my groups at 50 yards are still about 2 inches to the right. I'm thinking a good solution would be to install Tech-sights.
ZO0K3913.jpg

Are you sure its the rear sight and not the front? If its the front you can drive out the pin and re-adjust the sight and pin it where it belongs. Rifle looks great btw.

Back
Top Bottom