Show me your AR

Here is what im running. I want to see your preciouses!
Stag 15 with an Eotech 552 (got the 3x magnifier coming in the mail.) Magpul enhanced triggerguard, Magpul ranger magazine floorboards. Badger tactical charging handle latch. Tacstar xenon 100 lumen flashlight with pressure switch mounted on a samson free floating rail system and finally A.R.M.S. buis with a tritium front post.
100_0361.jpg

I moved this thread into Gun Gallery... figured it's better
here.

Here's a pic of my lowly Colt 6520...

ar15.jpg

All I've added to it is a Magpul MIAD and bought a bunch of preban
mags for it.

-Mike

There's a lot to be admired about the old simple but elegant look.

I'd love to build an early 60's Viet Nam era type firearm, but there's not much sense in doing that unless I was able to add the bayonet lug and old 3 prong FS. [sad]

DPMS lower with a J&T Distributing (Double Star) kit. I threw the Garand sling on for a Qual I had. I still need to decide on what sling to put on. Same goes for the sight. Eotech or Aimpoint?[thinking]
ar.jpg

My boring, stock DPMS A15, my first AR, which I'll have had a week come this Sunday.

I'm already looking at all the goodies you can get for these things. This is going to get expensive....

ar.jpg

g2.jpg

3 home builds on Rock River Arms lower receivers and uppers.

In case anyone is wondering... bayonet lug on the middle one has the "tabs" ground off and butt stock on the third one is pinned. Both have pinned and welded Yankee Hill Machine "Phantom" muzzle brakes. Third one has a 14.5" barrel (permanently attached brake brings it just over 16 1/4").

PWA Commando Pre-Ban Lower
Vltor VIS rifle length upper
14.5" 1x7 SS HB fluted from barrel nut to the gass block (Vltor low pro), pinned Tromix brake
Timmeny trigger
HD bolt carrier
Gas buster charging handle
Magpul Miad grip
Magpul M93B stock
Surfire M900A weapon light
LaRue SPR scope mount
Meopta K-Dot 1x4 ill.
Troy BUIS

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Close up shot of the brake... not my rifle though!
SharkZ1.jpg

PWA Commando Pre-Ban Lower
Vltor VIS rifle length upper
14.5" 1x7 SS HB fluted from barrel nut to the gass block (Vltor low pro), pinned Tromix brake
Timmeny trigger
HD bolt carrier
Gas buster charging handle
Magpul Miad grip
Magpul M93B stock
Surfire M900A weapon light
LaRue SPR scope mount
Meopta K-Dot 1x4 ill.
Troy BUIS
1.jpg
Damn handsome gun.

Here is my set up:

RRA, Elite CAR A4, 16" HBAR Chromed Lined, 1/9 Twist
Surefire Quad Rail
Surefire G2 with remote switch
Eotech 512
Vickers Tactical Sling
Ace Entry Stock

Special thanks to my kids for suppling their ACUs and dummy frag grenade [smile]

myar.jpg

***Special note to liberals. I know this rifle looks black and scary...but please rest assured that this rifle is not an "Assault Rifle". Fortunately, this rifle does not have enough dangerous features to make it scary and a menace to society...there is no bayonet lug for attaching a mass murdering device known as a bayonet...the stock on this rifle does not adjust from it's fixed position, if it did it would be more dangerous...also the barrel on this rifle is not threaded nor does it have a flash hider, if it was threaded it would be too dangerous to possess.

So what kind of rifle is this? Just think of it as a pleasant small varmint rifle...you know...a rabbit killer. [grin]

Last edited:
Seeing how a few have posted up some big-bores, I'll throw mine up for fun.

DPMS LR308
A3 Upper
Two stage trigger
24" SS fluted barrel with JP Tank Brake
SWS free float forend
GG&G Extreme Duty Swivel Bipod
MagPul PRS AR10/SR25 stock w/Accushot mono-pod
Larue Speed lever rail riser
Seekings 35mm rings
IOR 3-18x42 (35mm tube) SnipersHide version
10 Pre-ban KAC 20rd SR-25 magazines ($$$), had to sell a kidney to get these... I really do hate Massachusetts!!

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

Some more shots of my AR15
IMG_0987.jpg

Yup, that's a Pre-ban C-mag.
IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

Oh man... one more thing to add to the purchase list... a baby eating, kitten killing Cmag for the AR... Badass!

What optic are you running on the .223/5.56?

Meopta K-Dot ill. 1-4 on a LaRue SPR speed lever mount. I can take off the scope in about 3 seconds and then transition to the irons, and when re-installed it does not lose zero.

Here are my two.

First - JD Distributing M4 w/ Knight RAS, Aimpoint M2 and a 3 point sling.

M4.jpg

Second - White Oak Precision Rock River Upgrade Upper, Rock River National Match lower w/ 2 stage trigger and a Les Tam sling. Setup for Highpower Sevice Rifle. Very accurate

RRAR.jpg

Oh and lets not forget the BUTT ugly chairs in my basement! [smile][wink]

Back
Top Bottom