Show me your AR

My latest Post ban bushy with entry stock and M-4 type handguards. Optic and back up iron sight coming in the future.
PB290088.jpg

While it seems many of you have gone with the "Tacticool" type of AR build, I opted for the "Tack Driver" type [smile]

My NES-007 AR build:

- Anvil Arms Stripped Receiver
- Rock River Arms NM 2-Stage Trigger
- Rock River Arms Varmint A4 Upper with:
- 24" Stainless Wilson Barrel (1:8 Twist)
- Hogue Free Float Tube
- Wylde Chamber
- Rock River Arms Ergo Target Grip
- Magpul Sniper Adjustable Stock

Right now, until the Super Sniper SS10x42M scope comes in off back-order, it's got a Leupold Mark IV 4.5-14x50 Illuminated Mil Dot scope with Leupold Mark IV rings holding it there.

I've also got a case of 1000 Black Hills Red Box 75gr .223 [smile]

lizxmas.jpg

Many thanks to the pretty little lady who was nice enough to hold the rifle for the picture [smile]

Because of you I talked my wife into modeling some of the build progress on my ARs. [smile]

My latest:

r8sh1j.jpg

Olympic Arms Ultra Match w/Bushnell 3-9x50 scope.

Bought it from a fellow NESer and it came with a .22LR conversion kit.

As you can see, it's the perfect accessory for any fine kitchen.

My latest:

r8sh1j.jpg

Olympic Arms Ultra Match w/Bushnell 3-9x50 scope.

Bought it from a fellow NESer and it came with a .22LR conversion kit.

As you can see, it's the perfect accessory for any fine kitchen.

Nice pick up.

I hope to have some pics this weekend showing the lower and how our slings will be mounted (single point). Her stock and grips should be in too!

Awesome! Looking forward to the pics and build progress.

Toys

I bought my first one A few months ago and never stopped I had two uppers built and another one (krieger) should be done in two weeks I took this pick in november Starting from the right 1. bushmaster recievers wilson 20"bull SS 1/8 nato, nikon scope, magpul stock, jard single stage 3lb, 2. bushmaster lower reciever WOA buttstock 24" 1/7 krieger, wylde chamber, 2stage geissele match 2+lb, 3. pre ban colt A2, 20" SS 1/7.7 krieger, match chamber, jewell 2stage at 4.5lb. 4. pre ban PWA 16" 5.5 flash hider, 6 position stock, JP trigger group, 5. bushmaster 16", comp, pinned collapsible, timney skeleton 3lb bushnell replaced by eotech 551. 6. S&W M&P, skeleton stock, timney single stage 3lb. I have changed a few grips and had a ACOG, nightforce, eotech, ZEISS, and an ATN put on. View attachment 2288
Wife in the back I just noticed

Last edited:
My new bad boy...

bad boy.jpgI want to thank John at JDL Sales for steering me in the right direction regarding this build. Well and building it for me. It came out awesome, I can't be happier with it. Glad I decided with a little help from you guys on the Chevron reticle. It's a 3x30 Trijicon and works like a champ. The details:
S&W lower
Spike Upper
Stag 1/9 16" barrel
A2 Brake
Ergo grip
Magpul Precision Stock
West Industries Rails
trijicon 3x30 ACOG w/Larue quick disconnect
harris adjustable bipod w/Larue quickie
custom JDL trigger/ works and feels great John

View attachment 2307I want to thank John at JDL Sales for steering me in the right direction regarding this build. Well and building it for me. It came out awesome, I can't be happier with it. Glad I decided with a little help from you guys on the Chevron reticle. It's a 3x30 Trijicon and works like a champ. The details:
S&W lower
Spike Upper
Stag 1/9 16" barrel
A2 Brake
Ergo grip
Magpul Precision Stock
West Industries Rails

Wow. I have yet to see anything less than amazing from JDL.
VERY Nice.

View attachment 2307I want to thank John at JDL Sales for steering me in the right direction regarding this build. Well and building it for me. It came out awesome, I can't be happier with it. Glad I decided with a little help from you guys on the Chevron reticle. It's a 3x30 Trijicon and works like a champ. The details:
S&W lower
Spike Upper
Stag 1/9 16" barrel
A2 Brake
Ergo grip
Magpul Precision Stock
West Industries Rails

Hell Ya - thats sweet!

So this is my stock Bushmaster Carbine A2 with a tri-rail attachment on the carry handle. Not much but at least I'm one-up when the new ban comes.
guns4.jpg

Modified my SP1 to look like an early Colt M16 (model 602). Slab side lower with no forward assist on the upper and a three prong flash hider. Swapped out the buttstock for a solid, no trapdoor version and matching (very well worn) set of traiangular hand guards.
AR15s005.jpg

PWA version of the CAR-15. I had a Bushy, but it had the shell deflector on the upper which would be incorrect for a Vietnam era CAR-15. I also replaced the placstic collapsible stock with an aluminum one (thanks to Jim at ZHA). Need a tear drop shaped forward assist and a parkerized finish at some point.
AR15s003.jpg

1989 manufactured Colt AR15A2 Government. My sentimental favorite, as this is the version I carried in the service.
ColtAR15A2Govt.jpg

My M4 copy. PWA preban lower with a Stag M4 uppper. Added Eotech 512, Magpul stock, vertical foregrip, and Surefire light. I think that's all I would want on a rifle.
AR15s002.jpg

Stag upper on a post ban Bushy lower. Home camo designed to look like a field expedient job.
AR15s007.jpg

Still need one more preban lower to mount my M16A1 upper. Then I think I'm good to go.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
This is an older rifle with new stuff on it. The only thing I am waiting for is the 3X magnifier. The Larue cantilever mount is sweet.
View attachment 2119

Midwest Ind. quad rail
CCA grip and light mount
ACE stock
Aimpoint M3 w/ Larue Cantilever mount

Not trying to critize you, but why do you have the Aimpoint so far back while using a cantilever mount. The whole point to the cantilever is to have the base sit as far foward on the upper and cantilever over the HG. Aimpoints do have unlimited eye relief. If its an eyesight issue, then why didnt you just get a 4 MOA dot. Like I state im not trying to flame you just trying to understand that is all (I know I know to each his own). O yeah where is your BUIS?

Other than that Nice set up, I have an M3 myself and wouldnt trade it for any other optic. (Guess this thread will have to make take an updated pic of my rifle)
-DM-

Last edited:
I moved this thread into Gun Gallery... figured it's better
here.

Here's a pic of my lowly Colt 6520...

ar15.jpg

All I've added to it is a Magpul MIAD and bought a bunch of preban
mags for it.

-Mike

What's that on the bottom of the magazine? I see them here and there but never got the fuction.

Back
Top Bottom