Show me your Bird Guns!

Side by sides, over unders, pumps, autos... let's see your set up and let us know what you're gunning for...

My Maine grouse gun, a Browning BPS 12g, 22", IC choked.

Taken a few birds with this one, compact, nice for the truck, quick to shoulder, easy to maneuver in the thick stuff.

vgo706.jpg

2013-10-09 07.44.34.jpg

Just got a Mossberg 930 in Max4 for what hopefully is going to be my first duck season. 12gauge, 28", 3" shells.

Mike-Mike - how do you like hunting from the kayak?

Nice to see you come out of hiding Roogah...and nice pic by the way. That gun is a beauty.

This, to all the 37's, absolute classics.

Babo, how do you like that Nikko, that's gotta be 70's early 80's right? They're not making those anymore.

You are spot on: the Nikko is a 1978, and although I haven't hunted with the Nikko yet, I'm loving busting clays with it!

History: I was fully intending on buying a Citori at KTP one day, and just happened to pick-up the Nikko out of the rack by chance. It had a used-as-a-door-stop stock, but was in otherwise great condition, and was less than 1/3 of the price of the Browning. It also had really nice furniture that I knew I could bring back.

What really sold me on the gun was the mythical "fit" that people bloviate about on other forums. It felt natural and on target the first time I raised it. Nice. Sold!

...and not to start a flame war about 870 vs 1100 vs 500 vs. M37, but you might as well hunt with a pea shooter if you're not using an Ithica 37.[laugh]

Franchi 48-AL. 12 gauge 28" modified. Early model, (mid 70s) back when they were made by Luigi Franchi, before Benelli bought him out.
Sadly Benelli recently discontinued it in 12 gauge, it's only available in 20 and 28 now. Alloy receiver receiver made it one of the lightest 12 gauge autoloaders ever sold.

Attachments

• Franchi.jpg
    Franchi.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 44
nice, gotta be on top of your game to shoot a flintlock at a moving target it would seem.
lock time, leading the target, possible flash in the pan. lots to worry about
good for you man

Well made flinters aren't as slow as people think, ignition is under a 1/3 of a second. Its not perceivable as a delay. But it is still the most fun you can have with your boots on.

A "kit is a far cry from a handmade one and even the decent kits are about a grand but without research and skill they aren't worth that much when done. Lyman's and the like will go bang but to really feel what out fore fathers used a ton of time (and money) is invested to keep the art of the schools alive. If you ever get to vt come try one out.

A "kit is a far cry from a handmade one and even the decent kits are about a grand but without research and skill they aren't worth that much when done. Lyman's and the like will go bang but to really feel what out fore fathers used a ton of time (and money) is invested to keep the art of the schools alive. If you ever get to vt come try one out.

I fear you are definitely right. And my dad used to be all about flints back in his youth. He would definitely know the difference.

Back
Top Bottom