• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Show me your shotgun.

870 Express. My first shotgun, just bought it.
ry%3D400

Rusty

Remington 870 Express Magnum. Stripped the factory barrel and furniture off it, added a +2 extension to the magazine tube, a Mossberg 18" replacement barrel, and a Pachmyer Vindicator grip/forend kit.
870.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_4000.JPG

New Benelli M2. Having a little trouble with it chomping on my thumb when I load it.

Rem 870 Wingmaster with a factory topfolder and extended mag. Still have the original wood furniture around someplace. Not pretty but it's worked fine for 44 years.
870topfolder.jpg

Benelli Supernova Tactical with the pistol grip.

DSC03182.jpg
[/IMG]

I have since added a 4 round side saddle, tactical light, and a mag extension.

I would go with something simple and unobtrusive.

Like this:

SaiganuteredwithRDL.jpg

[laugh2][laugh2]

Attachments

• SaiganuteredwithRDL.jpg
    SaiganuteredwithRDL.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I wish I didn't live in MA!

Why? This config I believe is MA compliant.

Barrel is over 18 in
brake is part of barrel when perm. attached
stock is thumbhole = May be MA OK but further research says it is a grey area.
Mag fed 5 round mag = 1 evil feature
922R met with US mags, US hand guard, US fire control group etc.

I think Collectors Coin has one or can get them in sporting config.

saiag12_adjsight.jpg

Go ahead, do it, DO IT, you know you want to.[rofl]

Last edited:
General consensus is that thumb hole stocks are indeed considered pistol grips.

Ultimate,

Now that you have sufficiently peaked my interest and paranoia causing me to deliver the gun to my cousin in ME, I have gone back and read everything on the forum and see that there seems to be no definitive answer.

Most seem to point to the 922 law where it is equated to a PG for 922 parts count. 1 pg and 1 stock = 1 thumbhole compliant part maybe instead of 2 compliant parts? I really have no clue.

Thumbholes are not specifically ban that I see, granted I may have missed something.

I am kind of a a loss, is there a thread that I missed where the thumbhole is specifically called out as not being legal or counting as a PG.

Not trying to be difficult just can not afford jail time or fines and do not wish anyones else to be mis-led either. would like to bring the Saiga back but until I am assured it is safe it stays out of the state or gets sold.

Thanks for the heads up.

wm_7595958.jpg

just bought one of these for the wife for trap. CA 720 20ga, 13-1/2" LOP, 26" barrel. Guy in work was selling it for quick cash...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom