Show off your favorite gun

Here is my favorite gun! Brazos Custom Open gun in .38 super.

Brazos001-1.jpg

Brazos010.jpg

And the backup of this gun:
Brazos009.jpg

Oh, that's a tough one... they all have thier place...

But I'd have to say my SW1911 that looks just like Mrs Magnum's. I just love the 1911 platform.

Here's mine for now: S&W Chief's Special

DSC01264.JPG

Hopefully, once I have money, my new favorites will be a G26 (and a 9mm carbine to go with it).

Goose, I've got the large wood grips that came with the gun and I'll admit it looks better with em on, but they don't fit my hand too well. I haven't found wood combat style grips locally yet.

BTW, the nightguard is awesome. I want one!

Last edited:
Favorite Rifle and Pistol Combo. These represent what I carried in the Army. They'd still be my go to choices if SHTF.

AR15A2 Government
ColtAR15A2Govt.jpg

Colt 1991A1 (we were one of the last units on active duty to turn in the 1911A1's)
Colt1991A12.jpg

I've finally picked up a real Remington Rand 1911A1 (thanks Mad Marco!) but haven't taken any pictures yet.
Chris

My longest-owned, most carried, most trusted, most shot, most loved firearm. Colt MK IV / Series '70 Government model .45 Automatic caliber.
Born in '76. Notice the almost complete lack of blue left on the front strap. This tool has spent more time in my hand than the skin on my palm. In contrast to my user name, I do not currently own a crapload of 1911's. I've bought and sold, borrowed and returned, shot and cleaned, dis, and re-assembled many over the years, but this is one that's been with me since my first few months of having an LTC.
colt-1.jpg

My longest-owned, most carried, most trusted, most shot, most loved firearm. Colt MK IV / Series '70 Government model .45 Automatic caliber.
Born in '76. Notice the almost complete lack of blue left on the front strap. This tool has spent more time in my hand than the skin on my palm. In contrast to my user name, I do not currently own a crapload of 1911's. I've bought and sold, borrowed and returned, shot and cleaned, dis, and re-assembled many over the years, but this is one that's been with me since my first few months of having an LTC.

Classic. I can easily see why it would be your favorite.

My '54 Garand comes close, but I enjoy shooting my '43 Remington '03-A3 the most. I'm a so-so shot past 100 yards at best, but this rifle makes me look gooooood.
orig.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Last edited:
As others have mentioned, this is a real difficult question. Is my favorite gun the one I like to shoot the most? The gun I actually shoot the most? The one I'm most proud of? The coolest gun?

So I asked myself this: if you had to sell every gun you own, save one, which would you choose as your only gun:

iA29400E3-9E84-4FA0-8755-3ECF6389AB1F.jpg

Smith & Wesson 686 (in the back).

While its not one of my first considerations (I don't shoot it all that much), it was my first gun, and it will be the gun I pass along to my son (if they don't bury me with it first).

+1 for the militaries... I am now hooked on my '43 garand (not the best pic but this is accurate up to 150 yards - have to find langer rifle range)

Garand002.jpg

2000- That is absolutely AWESOME!

Thanks. I picked her up from a member here, through the classifieds last Spring. Obviously the stock has been re-finished in a lighter shade. I'd like to darken it up eventually but for now I just think it looks really pretty.

My first purchased handgun, picked it up two days ago. Fell in love with it the first time I saw it at the local FFL a few months ago. It was sold, but the guy never came through on the payments. Called up the owner and he said to come down and pick it up [smile]

sw19113.jpg

Make sure to click that safety up!!!

Congrats on your first purchase. Going with a 1911 is the best way to go...

My refurbished French MAS 36...the best shooter I own!
DSCF0853.jpg

The most fun, little, inexpensive plinker...my CZ 50 in 32 acp.
2933189568_8c6011fc4e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom