• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shriners this weekend!! 11/13 & 11/14

What I find most interesting is this disconnect between what Carole sent out (postcard stating 500 tables) and the posting in the Shriners' newsletter claiming 200 tables!! I'm guessing that the Shriners' are limiting it to 200 tables max due to COVID.

Hopefully some attendees next weekend will report back what they saw at the show for approximate table numbers.

Probably 200 because the show is shit and dealers aren't bothering anymore.

Guys, stop going to these shows and let them die in peace.
Yeah seriously.

My buddy (older guy in his 70s) was excited to go and asked me yesterday if I was going. I’m like umm no I'm good. I’d rather be at the range on a nice sunny day than pay $13 to get in and find nothing. So that’s what I did lol. And a match at HSC tomorrow.

But to each their own

I'm just going to work on getting my trips down south to coincide with gun skows down there. And of course a FFL up here to do the transfers.

Does the NY ammo guys still control the ammo prices by proxy in conjunction with the Springfield/Big E by not letting ammo inside for sale ?

AFAIK, the ammo restriction comes from the owners of the Big E, not any ammo vendor.

If anyone in Massachusetts really wanted to sell ammo, I am sure that they could. But I don't know of anyone in this state who is big enough to bring that much ammo in.

I stopped in with my son yesterday. I found some 22 short ammo that I had been hoping to find. My son found a big pretzel. Why don't you guys like the gun shows?

I stopped in with my son yesterday. I found some 22 short ammo that I had been hoping to find. My son found a big pretzel. Why don't you guys like the gun shows?

We like gun shows, we don't like the crappy mass gun shows that are stupid expensive to get into and just as expensive once you get in. Better prices and selection at your LGS. Or go to a NH gun show, cheaper and better.

Does the NY ammo guys still control the ammo prices by proxy in conjunction with the Springfield/Big E by not letting ammo inside for sale ?

Who knows, I know the prices havent been good since blonde elvis disappeared years ago. Blonde Elvis actually would price pressure them on stuff like 9mm and 762 x 39.

They never needed a conspiracy as you describe btw, the promoter helped create the lack of vendors up all on her own. Lack of vendors = lack of price competition.

$13 entrance fee. Hey guess what guys, No fee to get into flea market. I've got 9mm, .380, 40 S&W, 45ACP, 32ACP, and a "slew" of rifle calibers. I post my list and location on Saturday's. Very reasonable prices. I don't ship to MA, but hey, who does?

The real question is whether you care what state someone is from if they are standing in front of you with cash in hand? [wink]

I regularly went to this promoter’s shows up until they banned Shooting Supply for having prices too low. Next time save yourself the admission fee and make a day of going to a few local gun shops that are more likely to have good deals - and you won’t even have to deal with Homeless Jeff Spicoli or eat stale pretzels.

The real question is whether you care what state someone is from if they are standing in front of you with cash in hand? [wink]
I'm from NH, I sell in NH, to anybody who comes to me at the flea market. I've had guys from Worcester and Plymouth, NEW YORK and Rhode Island. They were all coming because my prices were better and NO SALES TAX.

not sure if I want to blow $20 to walk around and look at stuff I have no intention of buying.

it's not like the old days where everything was reasonably priced and you could actually find a bargain or two.
Not to mention smelling nasty ass crack, and now more than ever, the BO factor. Especially since the Old Spice / cancer announcement.

Back
Top Bottom