• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shriners - Wilmington, MA Feb 18th and 19th.

Yup, see you at BR&P!

I regret not being able to do it all, but I was at the Marlboro show only 3 weeks ago and I doubt that much has "grown" since then. [wink]

Moderator said:
ChristosX said:
Anyway we can ID Northeast Shooter forum members at the show? (I don't have any NES shirts or hats yet). Maybe a secret handshake or wave or something??? 8)

How about this?
secret_hand.jpg

need the thumb

ill also assume its all cash transactions as it just tables, guess ill hit the ATM on my way. [twisted] could be dangerous
ill just leave my carry rig at home..not worth the hassle.

im leaving now
:D

Well, I didn't make it to the gun show, b/c I stopped at FS first & spent all the weekly gun budget there. 8) Oh well.

I was there this morning...Wasn't really looking for anything specific other than to pick up a small chunk of ammo...I found a few good deals, and bought a bunch of jerky [lol]

It was great to finally meet a bunch of you guys today [lol]

I was there first thing this morning.. I only had a short time to spend there. I picked up a couple of good books and some ammo. Anyone know how good Fiocchi is? I've used it before and it seemed fine. I bought a case of 9mm for $115- seemed like a good deal.

Was at the show this morning. VERY DISAPPOINTING. No real bargains to be had. No real unusual stuff (interesting to me, anyway). I did not see anything there that I couldn't get from FS or on-line.

I got there with my bro-in-law at about 10am. I met a couple of the usual NES suspects, and even had some guy come up to me and shake my hand because of the saying on the back of my NES shirt made him laugh.. No real bargains to be had, especially the guy that was selling the WELL used S&W 642's for $749. Yep that's right seven hundred and fifty bucks for em'. I was standing at this table with all the "pre-ban" glock mags, and I was telling my brother in law how to tell the difference between them. The kid behind the table told his dad what I was saying, then the guy came over to me and told me he was SICK of coming to the MA shows and having people tell him that he was selling illegal mags. He then proceeded to tell me that he was a retired LEO and is now working for the Federal Marshals office. I told him that it didn't matter if he was working for God himself, that his mags were illegal and were a FELONY for anyone in MA to posses. He told me he was sick of coming to MA shows, and that our laws suck. I told him, if he didn't like it, to go peddle his wares somewhere else, that we didn't need his CRAP. My bro-in-law started to laugh, and I told him, come on lets go, we don't need this illegal shit!

Also at the show, I saw a bunch of Ravin 25ACP pistols that were anywhere from $175-$250. I just laughed, remembering that I had saw one of those at Frank & Tinys just a couple of weeks ago for $79. So I went to Frank & Tinys and picked it up.

On a side note, the "happy couple"(C-Pher & TypeO) were glowing just being together! [twisted]

Adam

Someone say 7.62x39??? Oh it was there and plentiful at ok prices I might add. :D A case of Golden Tiger followed me home for $119. The saem vendor had Cheetah which I heard was very good, but didn't have any cases available. Plentyof Wolf too but i'd shoot Golden Tiger any day over the Wolf stuff, and Wolf was more expensive. [roll]
The guy at the Zero Hour table told me someone had Wolf for only $99 a case but I didn't find it. Thats AK bump firing price right there. [lol]
I met C-pher and TYPEO, but that was it for NES members, and thank you TYPEO... I'm now thinking pre ban AR conponents when my tax check comes in. [lol]

Holy cow were there a lot of us NESers there. I was great to meet some of you.

I found a good deal. One shop had a Straight Uberti, imported by Uberti that was up for 400, I got it for $340. So I was happy about that. So now I have to try to find it's match. But being these are harder to find in MA than just about anything else, it's going to be awhile.

Other than that, there's not much that really screamed out at me.

If I had the extra 2 bills on me, I did find my Delta Elite for 700. That's a pretty good price, but I just didn't have the money on me. So I had to pass on it...which sucks.

Milsurps 4 Me said:
Someone say 7.62x39??? Oh it was there and plentiful at ok prices I might add. :D A case of Golden Tiger followed me home for $119. The saem vendor had Cheetah which I heard was very good, but didn't have any cases available. Plentyof Wolf too but i'd shoot Golden Tiger any day over the Wolf stuff, and Wolf was more expensive. [roll]
The guy at the Zero Hour table told me someone had Wolf for only $99 a case but I didn't find it. Thats AK bump firing price right there. [lol]
I met C-pher and TYPEO, but that was it for NES members, and thank you TYPEO... I'm now thinking pre ban AR conponents when my tax check comes in. [lol]
When you say case do you mean the 1000 or 640 round cases? I kind of wish I went now. Thanks for the info.

C-pher...did you make it to Collector's afterwards? Four Seasons?

I was a bit disappointed when I got to Four Seasons after the show...The Remmy that I said Carl ordered for me...They sent the wrong one. They sent the regular one with the heavy 26" barrel, and not the LTR with the 20" fluted barrel! The older guy Tom in tried telling me that I was wrong, until "oh oh, right...the shorter barrel with flutes." Needless to say, I have to wait until Thursday now to get the right one. [evil]

I 2nd what C-pher said. Lot's of NES's. This was my first time to the Shriners. Overall I would say I was happy. I picked up a complete AR kit minus receiver (which I already have) for $415. I also picked up some jerky and a bore light.

dreppucci007 said:
C-pher...did you make it to Collector's afterwards? Four Seasons?

I was a bit disappointed when I got to Four Seasons after the show...The Remmy that I said Carl ordered for me...They sent the wrong one. They sent the regular one with the heavy 26" barrel, and not the LTR with the 20" fluted barrel! The older guy Tom in tried telling me that I was wrong, until "oh oh, right...the shorter barrel with flutes." Needless to say, I have to wait until Thursday now to get the right one. [evil]

Yes, we made it to both of them. No SAAs to be found. Well, there were a lot of Rugers, but no clones.

That sucks about the rifle...

I saw a couple of NESr's today. I couldn't stay to long so I got there early, and its a good thing for the wave otherwise I would have missed some people when I was walking in. And where was that damn cart? I had to carry 3k+ rounds out :D

I cannot believe that I went to a gun show and TWO gun shops with over $400 cash and all I came home with was four boxes of ammo and one Carcano clip...

I must be slipping in my old age... :)

It was GREAT meeting new people and seeing old friends. It took me 3X as long to work my way through the show because I kept running into folks I know...

Thanks C-pher and TypeO for hanging out and not making TOO much fun of me for heading the wrong way down 95... ;) (No, I didn't go North on the Southbound side, I just went South when I should have gone North. D'OH!!!)

Jay G said:
Thanks C-pher and TypeO for hanging out and not making TOO much fun of me for heading the wrong way down 95... ;) (No, I didn't go North on the Southbound side, I just went South when I should have gone North. D'OH!!!)

New name? Wrong Way Jay?
:D :D :D

Bugie

Ok, over all thoughts on the Wilmington show. I swear the gun show crowd is bigger than ever. I can't remember ever waiting in lines like i've seen in Malrboro last month and Wilmington today, and today was COLD! Maybe i've just gotten to shows a little late in the past years, but the crowds and lines are big right at the oppening hour. Last year it seemed like the crowds wouldn't pour in till around 10:00.
Oh well, thoughts on the show's gooides.... The Powder Keg tables where I met C-pher at had some nice Mauser type rifles. A little pricey for me but than again I hunt for the cheapies and good deals. [lol] I'd say they were fair though. Terry from Collector's had a nice Mauser 22 ( labeled as a trainer but I don't think it was ) for a good price, he also had a few Mosin Nagant M44s that weren't typical. A Romanian, a Polish, and a Chinese type 53. They were a little beat, especially around the crown so I passed on those. One Enfield No.5 for $300+ (probably woulda went for 3) really caught my eye but I was short on funds this show. Other tables including Powder Keg had old 22 rifles galore. I really enjoy shooting and collecting old 22 rifles. Often theres no collector value in the later models and a refinish job will make an old beater look brand new.
The usual number of SKS rifles, including butchered ones, were on hand by many vendors. I still can't understand why people think the addition of a cheap after market stock and receiver cover scope mount increase the rifles value by $200. :? Same goes for Mosin Nagants in the black synthetic stocks. Does Bubba need money that bad.
Along with some greasy Yugos, there were plenty of Mosin Nagants, K98 capture rifles, Yugo K98s, M48s, etc. These are usually at all the gun shows and it pays to check the receiver for a rarity. That one Dragoon might be out there where the seller has no idea what it is and thinks its a regular Mosin 91/30. Others have found him, I haven't. [lol]
Enfields weren't as plentiful at this show as they were at Marlboro, and what was there today was priced high. Another rifle type I didn't see many of was the M1 Garand, although the CMP had a table set up, and thats where anyone on a budget should go for a shooter M1 so I guess them being there made up for it.
Highlight of the show for me was the ammo vendors. I'm kicking myself for forgetting the Argentine Mauser ammo I wanted to get but spaced it out from the strain of lugging 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 to the van. A few M1 Carbine magazines, a Mosin sling, and Enfield sling, some much needed 6.5x55 Swede, some jerky that people at work paid me to pick up, and a quick stop by the Mauser rifles exhibit to kneel in awe in front of the tables which they stood on and I was done.
A month from now i'll have my tax check and the next show will be my score hopefully with a Russian SVT40, Mas 49-56 sniper, Hakim, or maybe even a G43 if i'm lucky. Unless I hit Powerball tonight. Then i'm moving away to go live next door to Ted Nugent so I can shoot and live free. If it happens yes you guys can come down and shoot my GE Mini Guns. 8)

We got there right after 0900 and everyone else notes, the line was long and it was cold. The line moved right along, though. I've got to get better at spotting NESers as the only two I saw, but didn't a chance to talk to were C-Pher and Type 0, but I wasn't able to get over to say hello.

I'll save time by dittoing what everyone else has said about big crowds, no deals, high prices, etc... There did seem to be a lot of MilSurps, but the prices seemed high compared to what I've seen in the past. Two or three good sized ammo dealers, with what seemed to be good varieties of ammo.

One guy did have what seemed like a reasonable deal on a 1911, I think a Paraordinance, but I'm not sure and I passed anyway. A .45 is on the list for some day, but I want to get started on this MilSurp thing first.

All I ended up getting was a sleeve of 7.5mm Swiss for $25.00. The rifle still hasn't shown up, but that's a different story.

On a more positive note, apparenlty Midway USA got my letter and copy of 03 FFL. When I got home I created an account and the web site informed me that I was a dealer and gave me a dealer number.

Gary

$25 ain't bad for that ammo Gary. It'll go up and keep going as the popularity continues so might as well get it now. As for the rifle showing up, Samco has been known to take their time but they come through with a good product.
Whats on tap for the next shows? Springfield in March I think, a small one at the Holbrook Sportsmens club the same month, and then another Marlboro one in either April of May.
Anyone ever see that Lottery comercial where the guy is wearing the lit up with flashing lights "victory vest" that has a sign saying Winner in big letters with an arrow pointing down at him? I think we need some NES ones so we'll all know each other. [lol]

Back
Top Bottom