• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SHTF in Tijuana, Mexicali, and Tecate.

But read what I wrote. The incentive already exists, and it will continue to exist for years, if not decades, unavoidably.

In the short term, I don't think there's a way to stop them from coming. Hell, in the medium term, I think the same: if I was a dude in northern Mexico, just trying to live my life, wanting to do it in my own country and never really thinking of sneaking into the USA, but then my city buses start getting smoked?

I've got some decisions to make. I don't want to break anyone's laws, but a law that condemns my kids to death is a bad law and I'm going to disobey it. You would, too.

I know many naturalized Americans who came in The Right Way, and all of them are proud of themselves... but all of them agree that the US makes it too difficult to do this The Right Way. So therefore, people will do it The Wrong Way. Whether we want them to or not.

This nation is not willing to be draconian enough to seal the southern border. I know many people here wish we were, but we're not. So we need to be pragmatic, admit we're losing the "battle against illegal immigration," and figure out a workable way to decide where to go next. An expensive but useless wall is not the way that gets done.

JMO.
Of course there’s a way. There’s no will and no one cares since the taco 🌮 gov is on the payroll too including local level gov officials, Leo’s etc.

Of course there’s a way. There’s no will and no one cares since the taco 🌮 gov is on the payroll too including local level gov officials, Leo’s etc.

Yeah. I already said that. "This nation is not willing to be draconian enough to seal the southern border. I know many people here wish we were, but we're not."

You can want to go open season on the southern border, and maybe that would help, but it's useless to whine about it when you know full well it's not going to happen. And even if it did? It still wouldn't work: over 300 people a year made it through the Berlin Wall during the eighties. That's a person a day, on a tiny little border with many, many barriers and guards that would shoot on sight. Trump wanted to put even less on the southern border, over thousands of miles.

It's just not doable.

Yeah. I already said that. "This nation is not willing to be draconian enough to seal the southern border. I know many people here wish we were, but we're not."

You can want to go open season on the southern border, and maybe that would work, but it's useless to whine about it when you know full well it's not going to happen. And even if it did? It still wouldn't work: over 300 people a year made it through the Berlin Wall during the eighties. That's a person a day, on a tiny little border with many, many barriers and guards that would shoot on sight.

It's just not doable.
We are talking about two different things. I miss read your “short term” sentence. I was referring to the Mexican side getting rid of narcos for good. At least on the big scale. Small dealers here and there will always be a thing.

We are talking about two different things. I miss read your “short term” sentence. I was referring to the Mexican side getting rid of narcos for good. At least on the big scale. Small dealers here and there will always be a thing.

Ah. Yes. I was talking about illegal crossers.

I would love it if the Mexican government would step up and destroy the cartels. But they won't, and wishing for it won't work.

just let Thant sink in for a sec. Wasn’t it the Mexican president who was berating Trump and telling him how to run a country?

I was being half serious. I do agree the war on drugs has been an epic failure and waste of effort. However the illegal drug trade will never stop even if everything is legalized. Everyone I know who smokes pot on a regular basis buys it from a drug dealer on the street not from a dispensary. Until the prices come down to street level or close it won't matter whether drugs are decriminalized or not.

Actually, a buddy of mine uses a dispensary now. LOL

He said the QUALITY is so much higher (NPI) that he can buy less and be just as happy. Plus he only buys on sale. He's also figured out that if he buys pieces or something (you can tell I'm a huge druggie, right? LOL) instead of a whole headda-weed, it's cheaper and often the bottle is filled with almost-full-hedda-weeds.

He was on his phone last week. He was buying an ounce for $125 at the local dispensary plus they delivered free if he bought 2oz.

He's had a dealer for 20 years. He tried growing his own stuff. Allegedly, this is cheapest best quality he can find. If only he spent the effort he does on finding discount weed on anything else in his life. ;)

Back
Top Bottom