• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

sig 225/p6

ok...i want one...ive held it and it feels incredible in my hand...perfect fit...what can you guys tell me about it...i see some imported by century which i figure are junk...any input? im looking at a few mint ones for under $400

My sexy bitch [smile]

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

i have a P6 from 82 and it has been great, i carry it daily. the only things i have done was changed the main spring and added night sights.

My P225 which I got in a trade along with 4 magazines. It's one of my favorites now. I'd like a P239 also but just can't justify it because the P225 is pretty close to size to the P239. Only downside I see with the P225 is that magazines are relatively expensive and sometimes scarce.

DSC_1643.jpg

If you are looking at the P6, there were 2 different lots for sale a few years ago. Standard German police turn in pistols, nothing done. Sig refurbished, new springs and parts as needed w/ 2 mags, plastic case and leather duty holster. I opted for the re-build. Just an awesome handgun. It is my favorite to shoot. They were sold for $269.00 for the refurbished, 249.00 for the standard.
IM000303.jpg

If you look you will see a groove on the hammer, there are other grooves also on the P6. This was to check for damage w/ a feeler gauge. The Sig guys were digging mine at the NH shoot last summer. I learned allot about the pistol.

Last edited:
P6's are genuine SIGs for short money. A really good deal.

Century has imported & distributed lots of surplus guns unmolested. It's only the ones that they assemble themselves that you need to watch out for. [rolleyes]

55_grain

I picked a P6 up a few weeks ago:

dscf3579.jpg

dscf3585.jpg

Mine has the old style feed ramp. It doesn't feed federal HST. They get jammed up on the feed ramp. I will probably send the barrel out to customized creationz to get the feed ramp machined and polished.

Mags are hard to find and expensive ($40 for a USED mag). I've read terrible things about the ProMag magazines. I picked up two (~$15 each) just to try. In my very limited use (2 times through each mag) they fed fine and locked the slide back.

The P6 trigger is very heavy but this is easily fixed by replacing it with a P225 spring, or a wolf underpowered spring. Everyone recommends not going below a 19lb spring for reliability. I bought the variety pack and put the 16lb in. I had ~10% FTF on the first strike, they all went off the 2nd time. I'm probably just going to put the 19lb spring in.

Here's mine I just picked up today. It came with those grips, and I haven't shot it yet so don't know if I like them, but they feel good holding it. Any of you guys ever use both types? If so, which do you like best? I'm guessing the stock OEM one's are thinner, and I think you can still find them for sale? I also may try to Gun Kote the slide grey or stainless steel color, it's got the typical holster wear, not bad but enough so I'm considering refinishing it. Also, I thought mine was going to be a P6 but it's marked P225, but has the frame markings of the German police. My trigger's not as bad as I thought it'd be, it's heavy but relatively smooth. Not as nice as my S&W 64, but not bad.

sig2.jpg

sig1.jpg

Have any of you guys tried changed the sites also? I've read these Sig sights can be really tough and need a special, expensive tool?

Last edited:
Guess I won't be shooting this tomorrow, I just dry fired it a couple times and the trigger return spring broke. I was thinking about getting a spring kit anyway, guess I'll just have to get it sooner than I thought.

There's a bunch on Gunbroker, that's where I got mine. Also, JG guns is selling them for a decent price:

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info...good-condition-/cPath/16_234/products_id/1903

I can't recommend TGI Inc, that's who I bought mine from and they took a long time just to charge my card and ship it out. From the couple gun shops I talked to before buying, it's easily brought into MA. I just bought a spring kit for $30, so my total purchase price was right around $400. I'll probably get the stainless steel Gun Kote spray ($40) and may or may not get a set of stock grips ($20), so I guess the total price might end up around $450.

I'm not sure why you'd think the CAI ones are junk. CAI just imported them and had to mark them according to ATF standards.

I love my P225/P6. Great gun especially for $300. I know guys were buying them $250.00 a while back, but the glut in the supply has dried up. Seems between $350 and $400 is a good price. The other side of the coin is that mags are expensive. I almost bought a bunch for next to nothing a few months ago but missed my chance.

Here's mine (1980 date stamped, in unissued condition):
2561368280058660536S600x600Q85.jpg

2932883150058660536S600x600Q85.jpg

I have one, has some finish wear but I don't mind that as otherwise it's in great shape. I just want to find a few more mags for it. Don;t carry it a lot, I need a better holster than the weird safariland one I have for it. Probably pick up another K and D thunderbird for it at some point.

I'm not sure why you'd think the CAI ones are junk. CAI just imported them and had to mark them according to ATF standards.

Here's mine (1980 date stamped, in unissued condition):
2561368280058660536S600x600Q85.jpg

2932883150058660536S600x600Q85.jpg

They all were issued. Some went through a refurb, some did not. Notice your pic of the slide stop release, nice arc on the frame.

Here's a question for all you P6/P225 people, why do some have import marks? Mine only has the W.German markings, no importer signs or markings at all. Just curious.

I have a Sig P6 on order right now from J&G. Base price $349.99, plus $10 for white dot sights, plus $20 for hand select (does this do anything?), plus $22 shipping.

Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom