Sig announces P320 in 10mm

Knob Creek

NES Member
Hope to see this in Mass in a year or so.

'The latest addition to the SIG P320 family brings all of the features of the XSeries into a carry style handgun in 10mm for shooters and hunters looking for performance to the power of 10.
The P320-XTEN comes standard with a 5” bull barrel, Xray3 day/night sights, and an XSeries optic-ready slide with front and rear serrations.
For those looking for even more precision, every P320-XTEN is optic ready and compatible with the SIG SAUER ROMEO2 reflex optic which is designed to withstand the abuse the 10mm cartridge delivers. To reduce the recoil, a completely redesigned XSeries polymer grip module provides a strong purchase and stippled finish and makes shooting comfortable for any type of round.
Each P320-XTEN comes standard with two 15-rd magazines. The new SIG P320-XTEN takes performance to the power of 10.'

P320-XTEN

Given that the P320 is modular, it could be in MA as soon as your conversion kit and grip module are delivered. Unless MA changed the rules on P320s without my knowing about it...
I’m wondering if the gun will be built on the P320 Platform for 9mm, 40 S&W and .357 Sig or the P320 in .45 ACP which uses a different FCU.

Given that the P320 is modular, it could be in MA as soon as your conversion kit and grip module are delivered. Unless MA changed the rules on P320s without my knowing about it...

The P320 being modular doesnt change anything. If it was some other gun you could probably get it tomorrow, too.

Not really considering a G21Gen4 is over $600 new from even the skinflint gunbroker vendors, probably 650+ by the time it gets here

Quibbling over a couple hundo on a 10mm is one of the lamest things ive ever heard. [rofl]
Flints gonna flint

The sad thing with new 10mm pistols is they're going to be of two varieties: a low capacity 1911 style SAO or a generic poly striker. Want a DA/SA that holds more than 10 rds? Get outta here. Want a steel frame 10mm that's not a 1911? $2500+tax, minimum.

It's to the point now that I see all the new 10mm's coming out and I don't care. The PSD multi caliber one is interesting, tho pricey, but it cucks the 10mm magazine to 10 rds in a pistol the size of Harry Callahan's Model 29.

I'm not a Glock fan these days, the design is boring, but it works and for 10mm's the pistols were designed specifically for the cartridge whereas most 10mm's made today are based off of .45's.

The sad thing with new 10mm pistols is they're going to be of two varieties: a low capacity 1911 style SAO or a generic poly striker. Want a DA/SA that holds more than 10 rds? Get outta here. Want a steel frame 10mm that's not a 1911? $2500+tax, minimum.

It's to the point now that I see all the new 10mm's coming out and I don't care. The PSD multi caliber one is interesting, tho pricey, but it cucks the 10mm magazine to 10 rds in a pistol the size of Harry Callahan's Model 29.

I'm not a Glock fan these days, the design is boring, but it works and for 10mm's the pistols were designed specifically for the cartridge whereas most 10mm's made today are based off of .45's.
This needs to come with subtitles.

Seriously, other than Glock, the most interesting thing in 10mm today is made by the Point of the most High:

10mm.jpg

The only problem with the X-Ten is that Sig will probably release an X-Ten in tan and coyote, an AXG X-Ten, and an X-Ten Legion before long.

So buy now, or wait for a version that better fits with what you like?

What a problem to have!

it doesn’t appear to come with a special Sig coin, so I’m not interested.

10mm offerings are very strange. Always have taken issue with the 220 holding 8 rounds of 10mm in a massive form factor - I get its catering to hunters but a Glock 20/29/40 sure makes it look a little stupid depending if it's capacity or smaller size you'd prefer. Sure that Sig is probably nice but even a single stack, there is room for 10 and they just didn't bother for reasons i can't fathom.

Got no desire for a 320 over a Glock 20, really love my Glock 20, but this is a move in the right direction for Sig - about time really. Maybe next they will even spend the 3 hours of R&D to increase the capacity of their 10mm 220.

10mm offerings are very strange. Always have taken issue with the 220 holding 8 rounds of 10mm in a massive form factor - I get its catering to hunters but a Glock 20/29/40 sure makes it look a little stupid depending if it's capacity or smaller size you'd prefer. Sure that Sig is probably nice but even a single stack, there is room for 10 and they just didn't bother for reasons i can't fathom.

Got no desire for a 320 over a Glock 20, really love my Glock 20, but this is a move in the right direction for Sig - about time really. Maybe next they will even spend the 3 hours of R&D to increase the capacity of their 10mm 220.
220 is the best shooting 10mm though. I do wish they ds'd it though

220 is the best shooting 10mm though. I do wish they ds'd it though

Yes in general Sig could use a DS hammer offering in 10mm/.45. They had one, was it 227 or 228? Definitely a 10mm "229" would be sweeeeeet.

I bet that 220 in 10mm is nice to use. Just it's huge and stupid low cap - I'd prefer they just made the grip long enough to hold 12 as it would be a better ratio to the barrel anyway.

I have a 220 Legion in .45, took 2 trips through Sig and a few hundred rounds to be reliable, it is really nice (now that it works right). But honestly if I had to go qualify for something, sadly maybe, I wouldn't pick that one in the top 10. I shoot better with my Glock 20 and a lot of other pistols (Sig 229 included - definitely a hammer DA/SA fan). The 220 remains kinda an outlier for me - theoretically is ideal say calmly punching paper but in reality has been a soup sandwich all around.

Back
Top Bottom