Sig Handgun 102

Does anyone know if the handgun 102 class is held indoors or outdoors when in January? Is it dependent on weather? Just trying to figure out how to dress and they aren’t open today.

They do it both inside and out, I did 102 Dec '20 and it was outside. If they do it inside you have to use frangible ammo I believe, but they will have it t sell. I would pack for both just incase. Going to do 103 on the 26th of this month.

I have done the Handgun 102, 103, skills development course and ZASS (really fun course)..........all of them have been indoors.

Definitely dress for outdoors! They are running lots of classes now and indoor space is premium. My last class October was outside and I was glad I brought extra warm clothes, it was needed in the am. Also bring rain gear! Good luck and enjoy, those classes are addicting!

Call and ask on Monday. They should be able to tell you where it’s scheduled.

I’d recommend bringing your own ammo just in case but leave it in the car. Buy and use their ammo because it’s cheaper than you can replace it for currently.

It was inside thankfully, because the weather in the AM was not great. Great course, definitely a “refresher” course for someone who has been shooting for a while. Looking forward to taking 103 and 104 at some point. Frangible ammo only, so bought from them at $15 box.

All of the 101-102 classes for the month of January are scheduled for the Indoor Pistol Range.

Pack for both.
I was up there in October for the Master Pistol and Master Shotgun Instructor classes. We were scheduled to be indoors for the Master Pistol but Sig Research and Development needed the indoor range so we ended up outside for two days in 34F degree pouring rain. Third day it dropped to 30F and snowed all day.

I would personally prepare to be outside just in case. Don't forget to some of those hothands hand warmers, open them up and keep them in your pockets. Training outdoors in adverse weather is good for you, it builds character. I remember when I was 16 and took my motorcycle rider safety course it rained the whole weekend and our instructors told us we were lucky to be riding in the rain. I was annoyed at the time but after riding for a while I realized what they meant. If you only do something under the ideal conditions then you're never really prepared to do them when the conditions aren't in your favor.

Pack for both.
I was up there in October for the Master Pistol and Master Shotgun Instructor classes. We were scheduled to be indoors for the Master Pistol but Sig Research and Development needed the indoor range so we ended up outside for two days in 34F degree pouring rain. Third day it dropped to 30F and snowed all day.

True! This can and does happen from time to time.

Got a gift card to the Sig Academy for my birthday.

Curious what people who went through this course found beneficial? Trying to decide what to spend it on. Thanks.

They do it both inside and out, I did 102 Dec '20 and it was outside. If they do it inside you have to use frangible ammo I believe, but they will have it t sell. I would pack for both just incase. Going to do 103 on the 26th of this month.

I'm doing 103 Saturday. How was it?

Got a gift card to the Sig Academy for my birthday.

Curious what people who went through this course found beneficial? Trying to decide what to spend it on. Thanks.
Do you know what end of a gun the bullet comes out of? If yes, skip 101.

Do you know what trigger reset is? If yes, skip 102.

Many years ago I took the half-day 102.5 class and while it was useless in teaching me new material it was very useful in experiencing how Sig conducts their training and acclimating myself to the process. If that’s still offered I’d recommend it to experienced shooters that are new to training.

Raise your hand if you ever had to ring the gong.
✋

know the condition of your gun and dont eject a live round.

I liked 103, a lot I have done before but I'm doing classes to get time with holster work now that I can't shoot righty anymore. Relearning a lot from the left side, the reps help a lot.
I basically want to get to the steel frenzy classes so I gotta do this. Heard those are great.

Back
Top Bottom