Sig P239 vs. Sig P239M

Just came back from MFL in NH.

Looking for first gun/carry gun. After shooting bunch of guns, Sig P239 .40S&W is the winner.
(H&K USPc .40 was my first choice. but we're in Mass)

I see Four Seasons has P239M listed? Does any actually knows what's the difference? Is this just a manufacturer designation for Mass Compliant?

Thanks!

ALAN

Thank you!

Any noticeable performance differences? As opposed to some other indicator, rather then a hole?

There will be no difference in performance, and, IMO the 239 is a very good gun in any caliber. That said, a couple of months ago I had the opportunity to shoot an HK usp in .40 and I came away impressed. It seemed to recoil less than the Sig and was extremely accurate. I would feel comfortable carrying either gun. So, if you really want the HK, just start watching the classifieds.

hole in the barrel for a loaded round indicator. thats all folks!

No, that's not all. The M series also have a hidden serial number, although it's not that hidden... it's usually down by where the locking block is on the frame.

Mike

hole in the barrel for a loaded round indicator. thats all folks!

No, that's not all. The M series also have a hidden serial number, although it's not that hidden... it's usually down by where the locking block is on the frame.

Mike

@massgun: I would guess you mean USPc (compact). It's a great gun. You can find it here NEW for about $900, it's only in LEM ( no decocker, no safety). I'll wait untill the non-LEM is available, while shooting the SigP239.

@massgun: I would guess you mean USPc (compact). It's a great gun. You can find it here NEW for about $900, it's only in LEM ( no decocker, no safety). I'll wait untill the non-LEM is available, while shooting the SigP239.

I'm not sure exactly what model it was, but it was the assigned weapon that is given to pilots who have gone thru FDO training (he is a pilot). The guy was having trouble hitting the target where he was aiming and asked if I would shoot a couple mags to see if it was him or the gun. The gun shot great for me right to point of aim, so I gave him a couple pointers and in a little while he was shooting much better. I do like that gun very much!

Back
Top Bottom