• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig P320 AXG and Trijicon RMR Install

lazypengu1n

NES Member
Hello All,

I wanted to share my experience with my Sig P320 AXG and installing a Trijicon RMR. Seeing that Sig updated their Optics Cut to R1P/DPP (Romeo 1 Pro/Delta Point Pro) which also allows you to install a Holosun/RMR Red Dot, I decided to pick up this pistol. I had existing Trijicon 6-32 screws for the RMR, extra sealing plate and was looking forward to install it. It did NOT work... turns out Sig decided to make the threads 6-40 instead of the the 6-32 that Trijicon used. I was able to find some compatible screws and didn't think much more of it.

Went to the range and tried to zero and noticed the dot was dancing and checked the RDS. Turns out t he screws I had, still allowed the RMR to shift left and right. Some Google-Fu and tons of other users had the same issues/complaints. Not the first time Sig sells something and omits some important details. This is where https://chpws.com/ saved the day with their filler plate, that fills the gap in between the slide and RMR and also acts as a sealing plate.

CHPWS product page didn't make it apparently clear that the plate came with the screws or what the plate even looked like. Only a photo to for you to help identify your slide. Trusting the internet, I placed my order and contacted CHPWS when they filled my order. I wanted to double-check toe make sure what I ordered came with the screws I needed and that it wasn't another separate item. CHPWS representative was very nice and confirmed that it does comes with the screws and I made a comment that the website didn't make it clear that it did or did not come with screws and I just wanted to check.

That's just how Sig is, not the first time I've had to go through extra hoops to make something work from Sig. In the end, I am very happy with the product that CHPWS made. They saw a need and literally "filled" it. None of the other forums had any detailed photos of the before, after or install. I hope this helps someone else out there that is the same issue.

Below is the link if anyone else has run into this issue.

Parts laid out
AXG_1.jpg
Plate inserted
AXG_2.jpg
Front gap between slide and RMR is filled.
AXG_3.jpg
Rear of RMR to slide
AXG_4.jpg
Side view, front, back and plate
AXG_5.jpg
Gun completed
AXG_6.jpg

Last edited:
dunno, the scope and its mount plate is much wider than a slide. i personally do not like that much. ain`t there a model that fits this slide properly?

You might be thinking the P365XL and the Romeo Zero. I have that as well and that RDS is the exact size of the slide. It was made to compete with the Shields Micro Red Dot. Even though it’s plastic, it works for what I need.

The Sig Romeo Pro 1 and Delta Point Pro share the same pattern and overhang the slide more than the RMR due to their window designs.

No RDS is perfect and all have pros and cons. For me, the RMR is what I’m willing to stand behind and bet my life with if it were ever to come to it.

Sig Romeo Pro 1
7771ECC5-E8FD-49BB-966A-895673579B29.jpeg Delta Point Pro
5B607DF6-5964-4542-80BA-0843F39F8094.jpeg

Is the RMR sealing plate sandwiched between it and the adapter? Because I don't see it and the adapter looks slightly smaller on the sides.

Is the RMR sealing plate sandwiched between it and the adapter? Because I don't see it and the adapter looks slightly smaller on the sides.
The RMR sealing plate is usually required when installing the RMR on a surface that isn’t as wide as the RMR to protect the electronics from water damage. If you milled a Glock slide for a RMR, the sealing plate is required to retain the seal under the RMR in this case or cover up other features under the RMR that isn’t flat such as the firing pin safety detent (non optics ready, Glocks, Sigs, S&W that have custom aftermarket slide milling work).

Since this filler plate is exactly the size of the RMR footprint (enough that it makes a complete seal with the rubber ring under the RMR) and covers the RP1 holes that I’m not using, I didn’t see the need to use the sealing plate and adding the height of the plate to the overall height of the optic.

Also, the RMR I am using has no electronics in it. It is the rubber ring but is completely epoxy sealed by Trijicon anyways. It is the tritium and fiber collector version of the RMR.

I think Sig is due their fair share of criticism on poorly tested new products. But I just don’t see it here. They made the change to support the Romeo 1 pro and deltapoint. The fact that RMRs also fit is a side benefit, albeit one that requires a little finessing.

Glad you got it working well though.

Silly question here, but if the SRO and RMR are designed to fit on the same Glock MOS plate, can the SRO fit with the filler piece and other items you purchased to make your RMR fit snugly?

Silly question here, but if the SRO and RMR are designed to fit on the same Glock MOS plate, can the SRO fit with the filler piece and other items you purchased to make your RMR fit snugly?

I believe on their website it states that the SRO will also work as it has the exact same footprint as the RMR. The only difference in the viewing window.

Just called CHPW and they can confirm that does work and fit either RMR or SRO - The cut / bolt pattern is referred to as generally referred to as "RMR".

SIG_P320.jpg
RMR_SRO.JPG

Back
Top Bottom