• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig P320 lawsuit , unintentionally discharging

Story makes me wonder

#1 is this really possible, are they all telling the truth?

#2. What's stopping my p320 from malfunctioning on me

Man, the TV reports has an unusually large head. Seems like something that big should have it own moon orbit around his head.

kind of scary on the 320. Not sure if these were fixed in the voluntary recall that should have been mandatory. Also, wondering about the holders to see if they could play a part. I remember a video where the guy almost shot his pecker off with a Glock and I think the culprit was a drawstring or something. Clearly, no drawstring here but my bet is most cops use safari land holders. Out of the 50 discharges, how many were not in the same holster type?

just curious…

There have been reports about discharges in the upgraded guns. It has always been my impression that SIG rushed the design of the P320 to meet the deadline of the US Army procurement program.
Same report recycled over and over. We had these same reports with Glock for a long time. These stories will fall apart in deposition from defense attorney's. Have any of these gone that far in any cases?

I read one article where the plaintiff said he wrapped the gun in a cloth and put it in his gym bag and it went off while he was carrying the bag. 🙄

Lots of threads on the SIG 320 unintended discharge issue and lawsuits:

Sig already won similar cases. They (Sig) pointed out that the owners of the pistols didn't send the pistols in for voluntary recall or used the wrong holsters while carrying.
I mean yes it is inevitable that a lot of these lawsuits are absolutely b*******..... but there's a few weird incidents that at least on initial examination don't seem to be directly linked to user negligence.

Story makes me wonder

#1 is this really possible, are they all telling the truth?

#2. What's stopping my p320 from malfunctioning on me
I know there are some legit cases where the gun was dropped. But the gun discharging without anything on the trigger? I just find it hard to believe. Sig generally makes pretty decent pistols.

I've been around enough cops, they generally are complacent when it comes to handling firearms. Throw in a $20 one size fits all holster, yeah.

I've said pretty much the same thing in every Sig lawsuit thread. Have to keep consistent.

The only thing about the holster thing is. Any duty rig needs to be authorized. Not a cheap holster. The video I posted had a clip of the gun going off with the cops hands not even close the waist line

Lots of threads on the SIG 320 unintended discharge issue and lawsuits:

Apparently those weren’t enough!

The only thing about the holster thing is. Any duty rig needs to be authorized. Not a cheap holster. The video I posted had a clip of the gun going off with the cops hands not even close the waist line
Maybe a different appendage, closer to the waistline is to blame?

I mean yes it is inevitable that a lot of these lawsuits are absolutely b*******..... but there's a few weird incidents that at least on initial examination don't seem to be directly linked to user negligence.
This. I'm following a local attorney who seems to be right in the thick of the lawsuits and I was pretty critical and dismissive of the first few instances but it seems like they're rising to the level where a reasonable person has to reconsider whether or not it's really happening. The latest ones seem to be post-VUP platforms.

Yes, BUT...undercover officer. What was stuck in his IWB holster, as compared to an outside-the-belt duty holster? I'm thinking clothing and complacency.

That's part of the thing about striker-fired guns. Everyone scoffs at a manual safety on them. I would prefer a manual safety (yes, they can fail) as an added feature since all of the ones I have used have had lighter trigger pulls. I can just see something getting into the trigger guard area (if soft holster), or clothing. I have had clothing get caught while re-holstering firearms if not done super carefully.

That being the case, I think everyone should give up their P320's, especially those in MA. Send me your 10 round magazines, since you will no longer need them. [smile]

The video shows hand but nothing else is clear. He does have a sweatshirt on and it could have caused it. There is a video of an off duty cops gun going off in a gun shop and hands off the gun. But he had his shirt go in the holster the last time he holstered it. He even admitted it.

Until I see an engineer explain how the gun can fire without a tug on the trigger I will remain doubtful.

I had a patient who shot himself in the upper thigh with a Glock. He was wearing some sort of sweat pants at an after midnight "house party" and shot himself somehow. He never told us exactly why he was drawing the gun. Anything he
told us was going to be a lie, so I wasn't all that interested in the story in any case.

His major concern was if he had shot himself in a vital area.

I always referred to that as a "Plaxico Burress."

Man, the TV reports has an unusually large head. Seems like something that big should have it own moon orbit around his head.

kind of scary on the 320. Not sure if these were fixed in the voluntary recall that should have been mandatory. Also, wondering about the holders to see if they could play a part. I remember a video where the guy almost shot his pecker off with a Glock and I think the culprit was a drawstring or something. Clearly, no drawstring here but my bet is most cops use safari land holders. Out of the 50 discharges, how many were not in the same holster type?

just curious…

wow. Im assuming this all applies to the M18. Hopefully Sig releases another recall and I can get that fixed.
the m18 should have a manual safety.

the only incident that gave me the heeby jeebys is the one of the younger detective getting out of the back seat of a car with his p320 fully holstered and the parking lot camera caught. looked like he was using a solid holster and as me got out of the back seat, the clip clearly shows the p320 going off on it's own while in the holster.

the rest for me could be negligent

Not to this degree.
Maybe
the m18 should have a manual safety.

the only incident that gave me the heeby jeebys is the one of the younger detective getting out of the back seat of a car with his p320 fully holstered and the parking lot camera caught. looked like he was using a solid holster and as me got out of the back seat, the clip clearly shows the p320 going off on it's own while in the holster.

the rest for me could be negligent
The safety only stops the trigger from moving and these guns are not going off by themselves. Seems to me that's proof something is moving the trigger in those other guns. Something like a shirt, holster retention mechanism, finger, etc.

The safety only stops the trigger from moving and these guns are not going off by themselves. Seems to me that's proof something is moving the trigger in those other guns. Something like a shirt, holster retention mechanism, finger, etc.

If the pandemic is sloppy trigger safety, where are the similar reports about S&W, Glock, etc?

Check out the video I linked to. I'm curious to what the NES think says.

If the pandemic is sloppy trigger safety, where are the similar reports about S&W, Glock, etc?

Check out the video I linked to. I'm curious to what the NES think says.
They have more trigger travel. The Sig pull is very short. And we did have lots of Glock stories and at least 1 claim on the M&P by cop.

just curious…

just beat the snot out of my 320, didn't end up with a dead trigger, I guess I could always pull a projectile and stick a primered case in there and see if I get a bang while still having a trigger that works to be certain but I doubt it would make a difference, my guess is the UD is either firearms that have not been upgraded or shitty handing

Just got off the phone with sig. Gave the kid my serial number. He told me my gun is safe. He agreed with the comment on here that it usually involves a holster and he said they have tested the shit out of the gun and keep testing the shit out of it

Back
Top Bottom