• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig P320 lawsuit , unintentionally discharging

Most people will never have a problem, an ND, or ever shoot themselves with a P320.

It's obvious this problem is bordering on statsitically insignificant. That doesn't mean it never happens.

That said, like if you're one of those people with the guns in the 0.25% out of a million guns though... might have a different view of things. (or whatever the similarly small
fractiojn is).

The problem with this is even if the odds are infinitesmally small, having an unforced safety failure with a number greater than zero is bad regardless of the
sample size.
Adding the problem is that in some of those cases it is clearly improper handling/improper holster making it easier to generalize any unintentional discharge to a negligent discharge.
You know the ones "The gun went off in my gym bag/purse"

I've always been on the fence about this. I have a couple P320's but they're strictly range toys. And the overwhelming consensus on the Sig fanboys sites is "the gun is fine...move along", and comparing it to similar problems police had with Glock-leg. I'm skeptical of the claims generally but a few recently seem more compelling.

The big problem with Sig and this gun is they deny deny deny. I get why. Don't get me wrong. But then the fans started with it. Deny deny deny. Then they fixed a gun that they originally said didn't have a problem till they did. And then they are still having problems.

I justy don't get it. If Glock started making hunks of shit I'd be the 1st one bashing on them. But they usually don't. Sure, they do make the occasional turd here and there that slipped by QC, but that's definitely not what is going on with this pistol.

The most crazy part is the army adopted this thing ontop of it. Ugh. Granted the army requirements for it's pistol program were stupid in the 1st place. They even had Glock make a model with a saftey on it, gross.
I guess you missed all the Glock's going off by themselves stories. Same thing here. That Police video shows the gun not in the holster properly, then moves down. I had one of those type holsters and would never use them because that bar in the trigger guard always looked like an accident to happen.

It's a defective handgun that can rarely fire on it's own. That's not ok. At all. In any capacity.
This is also why I sold my P365 - if there's a one in a billion chance of it suffering a catastrophic failure and going off near my kids, I don't want it.

I guess you missed all the Glock's going off by themselves stories. Same thing here. That Police video shows the gun not in the holster properly, then moves down. I had one of those type holsters and would never use them because that bar in the trigger guard always looked like an accident to happen.
The difference is that a Glock physically cannot fire without the trigger being pulled. Like, metal parts would have to disappear into thin air for that to happen.

Why make this a sig vs glock thing? Who the f*** cares what brand?
You brought up the Glock's and I was commenting on that. So why did you do that if you don't give a F.

Quote below in case you forgot.

"justy don't get it. If Glock started making hunks of shit I'd be the 1st one bashing on them."

You brought up the Glock's and I was commenting on that. So why did you do that if you don't give a F.

Quote below in case you forgot.

"justy don't get it. If Glock started making hunks of shit I'd be the 1st one bashing on them."
Are glocks going off on thier own? I haven't heard anything about it.

If they start doing it and I have a potentially affected model that thing is gone.

This is also why I sold my P365 - if there's a one in a billion chance of it suffering a catastrophic failure and going off near my kids, I don't want it.

The difference is that a Glock physically cannot fire without the trigger being pulled. Like, metal parts would have to disappear into thin air for that to happen.
You missed the point. There were lots of stories about Glocks going off., for no reason. All BS of course, just like with the P320.

If the P320 had a engineering fault there would be multiple hundreds or thousands of these situations.

Just to add, the safety only stops the trigger from moving. If there was a fault guns with safety's would also be going off. Find 1 case where a P320 with safety went off.

Just to add, the safety only stops the trigger from moving. If there was a fault guns with safety's would also be going off. Find 1 case where a P320 with safety went off.
Dr Grant brought that up and he may be into something. That said safeties don't belong on pistols. So if that's the cure, woof.

All BS of course, just like with the P320.
Oh, is that why Sig asked for the guns back so they could make modifications? Is that why I frequently see posts about our of battery detonations, blown up frames, etc?

has the 365 gone off by itself? I'm unaware of that happening
Idk. I've seen the striker lug break off, which bypasses all of the internal safety mechanisms, which should cause it to fire. Haven't followed P365 news since I sold it last year.

Back
Top Bottom