Sig P320 M17 Approved In Massachusetts, But Trigger Pull Variation of P320...

I was attracted by the aura of military's approval of Sig P320. I feel certain that I will end up owning one. The question is when and what model.
Since I already had Smith Wesson M&P Shield 2.0 with red laser, and have been perfectly happy about it, I would like something extra from Sig P320. My eyes was set on red dot scope on Sig P320.
It seems that Sig P320 M17 in tan color, with scope mounting plate, will be ideal for my wishes.

I was told that some M17 in tan color will be expected at a local gun store in several months. Hopefully by that time, all the issues, not matter how minor, will be found by millions of military and civilian users, and be fixed by Sig.
Am I right in expecting that starting from 2019, Sig P320 will be as "ideal" as firearms could possibly be?

Another question is about the big variation in the trigger pull weight of Sig P320.
My Shield 2.0 claims to have 6 pound trigger pull. It feels smooth and sweet. My Smith Wesson 438 in single action feels very light, and claims to be 4 pound. The Sig P320 I rented in a range has weight to my Shield, and even smoother. However, the Sig P320 Compact with manual safety bought by my friend from a local gun store, feels to have 9 pound trigger pull. The Sig P320 X5 claims to have 5 pound trigger pull. But the one I tested in a local gun store is definitely much heavier than my Shield. I estimated it to be 8 pound at least.
I shoot many guns in the range, all of them have light and smooth trigger pull. I also tested many guns in local gun stores. All of the triggers felt good, except Sig P320 X5. For the guns I shot, only my friend's Sig P320 Compact exhibited unexpected heavy trigger.
Has Sig's manufacturing process become chaotic? Will triggers become significantly smoother after shooting? Does Sig's warranty cover these unusually heavy trigger? Can Sig P320's trigger be improved by buffing with 1200 steel wool? Can it be improved by swapping some parts and springs? Or it can only be improved safely and significantly by adopting third-party triggers like APEX?

I was attracted by the aura of military's approval of Sig P320. I feel certain that I will end up owning one. The question is when and what model.
Since I already had Smith Wesson M&P Shield 2.0 with red laser, and have been perfectly happy about it, I would like something extra from Sig P320. My eyes was set on red dot scope on Sig P320.
It seems that Sig P320 M17 in tan color, with scope mounting plate, will be ideal for my wishes.

I was told that some M17 in tan color will be expected at a local gun store in several months. Hopefully by that time, all the issues, not matter how minor, will be found by millions of military and civilian users, and be fixed by Sig.
Am I right in expecting that starting from 2019, Sig P320 will be as "ideal" as firearms could possibly be?

Another question is about the big variation in the trigger pull weight of Sig P320.
My Shield 2.0 claims to have 6 pound trigger pull. It feels smooth and sweet. My Smith Wesson 438 in single action feels very light, and claims to be 4 pound. The Sig P320 I rented in a range has weight to my Shield, and even smoother. However, the Sig P320 Compact with manual safety bought by my friend from a local gun store, feels to have 9 pound trigger pull. The Sig P320 X5 claims to have 5 pound trigger pull. But the one I tested in a local gun store is definitely much heavier than my Shield. I estimated it to be 8 pound at least.
I shoot many guns in the range, all of them have light and smooth trigger pull. I also tested many guns in local gun stores. All of the triggers felt good, except Sig P320 X5. For the guns I shot, only my friend's Sig P320 Compact exhibited unexpected heavy trigger.
Has Sig's manufacturing process become chaotic? Will triggers become significantly smoother after shooting? Does Sig's warranty cover these unusually heavy trigger? Can Sig P320's trigger be improved by buffing with 1200 steel wool? Can it be improved by swapping some parts and springs? Or it can only be improved safely and significantly by adopting third-party triggers like APEX?
You can actually call Sig or the academy and ask the question about Your question. The client service is knowledgeable and responsive.

Back
Top Bottom