• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig P365 owners

Not yet because I’ve read on a couple forums that some people have run into the same issue and it hasn’t really affected the function of the firearm.

Wait - THIS doesn't affect the function of your firearm?

down sides like weird magazine ejection issues where a bullet will be pulled from the magazine and loose and then you have to eject the round in the chamber.

So this is a range toy and you don't carry it, I assume?

Man that is quite a vicious circle this hobby has got you in. NES has endured tales of loss and and gain for years now only to have the cycle repeat itself yet again?

Or is this just another not so subtle way to start a P365 vs. G26 thread..?

But seriously if cash is all you need how about some pawnshop like arrangement? I get a little weepy when one sells off their collection. Unless it’s to me of course...
I don't get attached to anything (except my wife. She even asked why I couldn't find one I like, and keep it, like I've kept her [smile] ). Firearms just serve as "an emergency cash source".
I've got well over 1000 rounds though my p365 with no issues, I keep it clean, never had a FTF or FTE
Clean? You mean I have to clean it? Guess I better keep the Glock. I've been spoiled by running agency Glocks that rarely got cleaned, and were always battered and beaten. (everyone swapped them off each shift).

I carry the exact same 365 that you have and I’ve shot several hundred plinking and self defense rounds through it with no problems what so ever. I also have a G26 and I like carrying the 365 much more. Slimmer, lighter and easier to carry.
same here - not sure of any 'rumors' - no issues with my 365.

Have a brand new Sig P365 with manual safety. Got it right before going out of work. Deciding what to sell next. Who's using a P365, and have you had any issues with it?

If I don't sell it, I'd sell my Glock 26. I like that the Sig is slimmer and has a manual safety, but I've been hearing rumor of a lot of problems with them still. If I'm going to sell it, I don't want to bother shooting it. The Glock has always gone "bang", plus mags are cheaper. It's just "fat".

The only other threads I'm seeing here are about it's introduction, 2 years ago. I believe this is a 2020 version.
I have a p365 bought beginning of 2020, have hundreds of rounds through it with no issues, absolutely trust it, but I do keep a spare striker assembly and recoil spring assembly for it in my parts bin.

I still carry a G19 with a tlr7a on it most of the time. I try to carry what fits my hands and what I train with. Try shooting a 2 day 1500rd class with a p365 and let me know how your palm feels... or try making 25yd first round head shots in an active shooter drill, which gun can you do it with? I know I can run a g26 better just because it fills my hand better than a p365, I can make those shots with my p365 no problem but I'll definitely be slower. A g26 isn't much harder to carry than a p365, it's like splitting hairs. Carrying a gun shouldn't really be about comfort, it's about what works.

Bottom line is, P365 is really too f***ing small to fight with unless you have tiny hands, I only carry it when concealment is more of a priority. P365's are reliable but will probably never be as robust as a g26 or g19 as far as round count or reliability is concerned. Also, with my g19, I can carry 32 rounds with only 2 magazines. I've got 16 in the gun and a 15rd with +1 in my pocket, and I'm getting basically full velocity and penetration out of a 4" barrel, with a 3" barrel you lose velocity and penetration.

Wait - THIS doesn't affect the function of your firearm?

So this is a range toy and you don't carry it, I assume?
I didn’t describe it that well in the previous post. Basically, when you go to eject a full mag the first bullet is popped out slightly from the mag or completely. This makes packing up the gun after a day of carrying a PITA because you need to carry out an extra action when unloading the firearm. On the range it doesn’t affect function which is why I still carry it from time to time when I don’t want to carry a brick in my pants like one of my Glocks.

With the hundreds I’ve been selling the past year haven’t had one single complaint nor have any come into the shop for repairs

we fix far more glocks than we do Sigs at the shop , it’s very rare to see a busted Sig come through the door
LOL. Isn't the fact that you fix far more Glocks than Sigs, due to the fact that far more Glocks are sold than Sigs.
Disclaimer. I have both Sigs and Glocks, so no favoring one over the other here.

Last edited:

Seems like this is quite possibly the smallest one can go with a 1911-like 9mm design, as tolerances are TIGHT and there is a bit of rubbing going on with the second round in a mag, when chambering the first round.

Interesting solution. Have you tried polishing yours (the gun, that is)?

LOL. Isn't the fact that you fix far more Glocks than Sigs, due to the fact that that there far more Glocks are sold than Sigs.
Disclaimer. I have both Sigs and Glocks, so no favoring one over the other here.
There’s a lot of clapped out trash Glocks in MA owned by like 4+ people, the first two of which never did maintenance or ran the gun enough to know it wasn’t working right. Or put shitty mods or f***ed with springs, etc.

You are right though with regards to representation for example I have had more Glocks fixed by the factory then other brands but I also own / have owned more Glocks than any other brand like four times over.

Seems like this is quite possibly the smallest one can go with a 1911-like 9mm design, as tolerances are TIGHT and there is a bit of rubbing going on with the second round in a mag, when chambering the first round.

Interesting solution. Have you tried polishing yours (the gun, that is)?
I have not attempted polishing yet because the problem hasn’t been something that has necessarily been making me inspired to “go under the hood,” but then again originally I only found the thread discussing possible issues that could cause it and I just found this one I posted today, so I may look into it to see if I can fix it.

There’s a lot of clapped out trash Glocks in MA owned by like 4+ people, the first two of which never did maintenance or ran the gun enough to know it wasn’t working right. Or put shitty mods or f***ed with springs, etc.

You are right though with regards to representation for example I have had more Glocks fixed by the factory then other brands but I also own / have owned more Glocks than any other brand like four times over.
I guess I've been lucky. I've had 6 sigs and 12 Glocks over time. I presentky have 2 Sigs and 3 Glocks. Although I've had twice as many Glocks as Sigs, I've never had a problem with any of them.

I don't get attached to anything (except my wife. She even asked why I couldn't find one I like, and keep it, like I've kept her [smile] ). Firearms just serve as "an emergency cash source".

Umm ok... At the time when you first got here it seemed more like a naked man seeking a raincoat but hey maybe your more comfortable in these stable times. I was going to offer help but lord even I am starting to see how that usually goes...

Umm ok... At the time when you first got here it seemed more like a naked man seeking a raincoat ...
55d1kh.jpg

I guess I've been lucky. I've had 6 sigs and 12 Glocks over time. I presentky have 2 Sigs and 3 Glocks. Although I've had twice as many Glocks as Sigs, I've never had a problem with any of them.

My Broken/malfunctioning Handgun History:

1 x AMT BACK-UP DAO .380- Firing pin exploded because dry fired too much. Machinist fabricated a couple pins to fix.
1 x Seecamp LWS 32 - f*** these stupid guns. Somehow mine broke (maybe I was clumsy and bent the spring?) Seecamp fixed it.
1x Ruger MKII .22 LR I picked up used. Sear was all f***ed up, trigger would crunch, gun would then fire if you breathed on it after that point, lol. Factory resolved.
1 x HK USPc .40 - Sear spring failure - gun turned into DAO until spring replaced. Bruce Gray sent me a spring, gratis.
1 x Sig X5 Competition - gun jams with reloads (extraction failures) works fine with most commercial ammo. Never fixed, new owner worked around it
1x Sig P220 Stainless - gun worked, but trigger was f***ing terrible and creepy. Instead of even pretending the factory would fix, I traded this off for a cheap AK.
2x Sig P320 9mm handgns, one compact, one full size. Factory Recall bullshit. Ugh. Factory eventually made good on them.
1 x Glock 17L Gen 2 - poor ejection / BTF - sent to factory, completely resolved
1 x Glock 17 Gen4 - Poor Ejection / Jams / BTF - sent to factory, completely resolved (this was one of the very early Gen4s, they all had these issues)
3 x Glock 21SF + 1 x Gen4s all f***ed up. (BTF Issues) Eventually Glock replaced the last one and I sold it. I now have a 21SF and a 21 Gen4 that are flawless, though, so there's that.
1 x Glock 42 - Dry fire only issue - trigger would not reset. Glock rep fixed gun in store, problem resolved
5 x broken 1911 issues I have had gunsmiths fix. (I love 1911s but I also think they are the biggest f***ing pieces of shit on the planet, simultaneously) thankfully none of the fixes were ever expensive, and usually pretty convenient. This count also includes the broken f***ing CRAPBER I had, too. That I still rant about. [rofl]
1 x broken S&W 686-5 - 357 magnum revolver (light strikes, fixed by factory )

By the sheer numbers "Glocks and 1911s are the worst"

Problem is that statement, without context is somewhat disingenuous.

I have owned 28 Glock handguns in my lifetime. In that realm, only ever having 7 that were ever even kinda f***ed up, isn't a whole heck of a lot. Even out of those Glock issues, none of them resulted in a gun that was completely unusable, just annoying. Contrast that with various 1911 failures which basically meant a dead or unsafe gun to use. All of those the gun either died in place or some safety issue was apparent that made it obviously unsafe to continue use. (one of them, the grip safety stopped functioning properly).

If we used "out of box experience to failure point distance on average" as a model for reliability, basically everyone would suck horribly compared to HK. I'm not even a major HK fag on this forum but that is the uncomfortable truth.

Last edited:
Umm ok... At the time when you first got here it seemed more like a naked man seeking a raincoat but hey maybe your more comfortable in these stable times. I was going to offer help but lord even I am starting to see how that usually goes...
I'm confused. Been on here for a number of years. Did leave NH in 2018 for 8 months to "retire" but came back in 2019. Retirement didn't work out due to an injury. I'm also traumatized. First by the mental image your post presents, followed by AHM's visual. [rofl]

1 x AMT BACK-UP DAO .380- Firing pin exploded because dry fired too much. Machinist fabricated a couple pins to fix.
1 x Seecamp LWS 32 - f*** these stupid guns. Somehow mine broke (maybe I was clumsy and bent the spring?) Seecamp fixed it.
1x Ruger MKII .22 LR I picked up used. Sear was all f***ed up, trigger would crunch, gun would then fire if you breathed on it after that point, lol. Factory resolved.
1 x HK USPc .40 - Sear spring failure - gun turned into DAO until spring replaced. Bruce Gray sent me a spring, gratis.
1 x Sig X5 Competition - gun jams with reloads (extraction failures) works fine with most commercial ammo. Never fixed, new owner worked around it
1x Sig P220 Stainless - gun worked, but trigger was f***ing terrible and creepy. Instead of even pretending the factory would fix, I traded this off for a cheap AK.
2x Sig P320 9mm handgns, one compact, one full size. Factory Recall bullshit. Ugh. Factory eventually made good on them.
1 x Glock 17L Gen 2 - poor ejection / BTF - sent to factory, completely resolved
1 x Glock 17 Gen4 - Poor Ejection / Jams / BTF - sent to factory, completely resolved (this was one of the very early Gen4s, they all had these issues)
3 x Glock 21SF + 1 x Gen4s all f***ed up. (BTF Issues) Eventually Glock replaced the last one and I sold it. I now have a 21SF and a 21 Gen4 that are flawless, though, so there's that.
1 x Glock 42 - Dry fire only issue - trigger would not reset. Glock rep fixed gun in store, problem resolved
5 x broken 1911 issues I have had gunsmiths fix. (I love 1911s but I also think they are the biggest f***ing pieces of shit on the planet, simultaneously) thankfully none of the fixes were ever expensive, and usually pretty convenient. This count also includes the broken f***ing CRAPBER I had, too. That I still rant about. [rofl]

I have owned 28 Glock handguns in my lifetime. In that realm, only ever having 7 that were ever even kinda f***ed up, isn't a whole heck of a lot. Even out of those Glock issues, none of them resulted in a gun that was completely unusable, just annoying. Contrast that with various 1911 failures which basically meant a dead or unsafe gun to use. All of those the gun either died in place or some safety issue was apparent that made it obviously unsafe to continue use. (one of them, the grip safety stopped functioning properly).

If we used "out of box experience to failure point distance on average" as a model for reliability, basically everyone would suck horribly compared to HK. I'm not even a major HK fag on this forum but that is the uncomfortable truth.
Well AMT backup. I had one once. I gave it away. Nuff said. My Hk's have all been flawless. I just don't care for them.

That 21SF makes a great night stand cannon. I got a 21SF frame for my 21. It spends it evenings in my nightstand, along with a Glock 19 and the old faithful 2.5"Smith model 66, cuz, you know, it's a Smith 66.

Well AMT backup. I had one once. I gave it away. Nuff said. My Hk's have all been flawless. I just don't care for them.

That 21SF makes a great night stand cannon. I got a 21SF frame for my 21. It spends it evenings in my nightstand, along with a Glock 19 and the old faithful 2.5"Smith model 66, cuz, you know, it's a Smith 66.
That’s a night stand party right there!

Clean? You mean I have to clean it? Guess I better keep the Glock. I've been spoiled by running agency Glocks that rarely got cleaned, and were always battered and beaten. (everyone swapped them off each shift).
I mean, clean is relative, if I go to the range and shoot 50 rounds, I don’t clean it, if I put 100 through it I pull a bore snake through the barrel and take a look at how dirty it is, if it’s not super dirty or gritty I’ll leave it and oil if needed, if there’s a ton of stuff built up I’ll clean it, at the end of the day I’m carrying it for personal protection, I want to be 1000% sure I’m leaving no room for error, maybe I go overboard, but should I need to use it, I dont want a 5-10 minute task to cost me my life...I also make it a habit to clean everything after I go to the range, some times it’s overkill sometimes it’s needed

Bottom line is, P365 is really too f***ing small to fight with unless you have tiny hands,
Agree- but a great addition, which I am doing, is throwing the xl grip module on my 365. (Many refer to this as the 365x) Concealability meets grip confidence. A co. named tactical developments sells base plates for $15 so you can even use your original 10rnd mags in the new xl grip. Highly recommend this swap. I should have done this sooner.

Last edited:
er... OK, why does anyone care about this? Lots of guns do this without any problems at all.
People care because it means you got a s*** Rev p365 LOL that's why nobody will buy the used ones because nobody wants any of the AIDS out of the original production run with those f****** things. [rofl]

Lots of early buyers were butthurt over it for some reason.
That's weird.

People care because it means you got a s*** Rev p365 LOL that's why nobody will buy the used ones because nobody wants any of the AIDS out of the original production run with those f****** things. [rofl]

I honestly can't tell where the edges of mockery and fabrication are.

Do some of them do it, and some not?

This seems like complaining about a bottle opener because it leaves a mark on the cap.

That's weird.

I honestly can't tell where the edges of mockery and fabrication are.

Do some of them do it, and some not?

This seems like complaining about a bottle opener because it leaves a mark on the cap.
If you want to spend your day reading people gripe about it, google can help you.
Sig revised the striker design after a certain serial # to address the issue, so it’s easy to tell which ones are ‘problem’ guns.

Back
Top Bottom