Sig P365 XL - Mass Compliant Version?

SasquatchShawn

NES Member
Anyone know for sure if there is a Mass Compliant version of the Sig P365XL out or on the way? I see a SKU listed "365XL - 9 -BXR3 -MS -10" on the compliance list that pulls up on Google, but I can't be sure that's not LEO since it's not shown on the Sig website. Any info would be great.

Anyone know for sure if there is a Mass Compliant version of the Sig P365XL out or on the way? I see a SKU listed "365XL - 9 -BXR3 -MS -10" on the compliance list that pulls up on Google, but I can't be sure that's not LEO since it's not shown on the Sig website. Any info would be great.

Hope so, then you'll be able to get 10 round versions of the extended mag that fits the regular P365 if you change the floorplate. I think they're planning to sell the XL grip module eventually too.
I'd like to add a grip module and extended 10 round mag to mine.

my contact at Sig informs me there's a MA specific model with both internal lock and hand crank safeties that should be available by spring. it comes with a coin too.

They‘re doing a Legion version of the 365?

I contacted Sig about this last week. Customer service confirmed there will be a MA compliant 365XL. They would not give me a date.

Sig's website shows a P365XL Romeo w/ a 10 round mag - and no safety. This is for states like NY, CO, CA.

This would be good for MA, but won't be sold at Four Seasons, they'll get a safety version I guess.

The website doesn't yet show a 10 round regular P365XL (no RDS) or any MA-version XL (mech safety).

The 10 round XL mag should allow P365 owners to get the extended mag and convert to 10 rounds by swapping the baseplate. That's what I want.

For those of us behind the Iron Curtain, is there any benefit to the XL versus the basic with the 10-round mag? Yes, I can get the 15-rounders, but beyond that, any advantage?

For those of us behind the Iron Curtain, is there any benefit to the XL versus the basic with the 10-round mag? Yes, I can get the 15-rounders, but beyond that, any advantage?
Not for me. I won't buy a gun with cripple mags (unless pre-bans are an option). So the standard p365 suits me very well.

As a side note for OP, the roster is worthless and meaningless BS.

XL has a longer grip, cutout for red dot and longer barrel. I want it for the longer grip.

but you won't need the XL for that once the XL's 10 round mags are available, you can swap out the baseplate and put it in your regular p365.
You can also buy the XL grip frame for $40 once the safety version is out.

The XL for me just feels better. I have both and I just started carrying the XL over the original. The XL has a flat trigger which should just be visual but it feel way better. The pistol is identical except for the longer slide.

Is the XL version more like a Kahr P9 or a Sig P239 in relation to it's size? If it's like a P9 I think I want one. Since I can't go look at one, thanks.

Is the MA model optics ready?

The Sig P365 XL is very comparable in size to a S&W Shield. So it is significantly smaller than a P239.

I got to handle one a couple of months ago, and I was impressed. It's grip is a bit smaller than the Shield, but for me, the ergonomics are better. I really thought the P365 XL was bigger than the Shield, because it feels more natural and points better. But I held them next to each other, and the size difference is insignificant.

The Sig P365 XL is very comparable in size to a S&W Shield. So it is significantly smaller than a P239.

I got to handle one a couple of months ago, and I was impressed. It's grip is a bit smaller than the Shield, but for me, the ergonomics are better. I really thought the P365 XL was bigger than the Shield, because it feels more natural and points better. But I held them next to each other, and the size difference is insignificant.

Did you notice if the slide was cut for optics?

Is the XL version more like a Kahr P9 or a Sig P239 in relation to it's size? If it's like a P9 I think I want one. Since I can't go look at one, thanks.

Is the MA model optics ready?

The XL grip is only slightly longer than the standard. And the frame is longer. The grip is still shorter than a Glock 43X.

Do you want to see pics comparing them? I have all of those heaters, I could take some pics.

Not necessary, but if your bored with nothing to do go ahead. I watched a bunch of you tube videos comparing them.

Trying to decide which one to buy, the small one or the XL. Would you carry the XL. I did handle the Small 365 so I know how that feels.

Not necessary, but if your bored with nothing to do go ahead. I watched a bunch of you tube videos comparing them.

Trying to decide which one to buy, the small one or the XL. Would you carry the XL. I did handle the Small 365 so I know how that feels.

I carried a PM9 for years and last year started carrying the P365. It took me some time to get used to it but I drilled with it a lot and came to like it and appreciated the 12+1 capacity. Then I saw the P365XL, I picked it up and immediately it felt better to me. I bought it but didn’t start carrying it for a while. I ran it through it’s paces and I fell in love with the 365XL. It points more naturally for me and I’m considerably more accurate. I like the trigger better and the XL never drags the firing pin on the primer. I stayed with the 12+1 configuration after trying the 15+1 set up. Sometimes I will throw the 15 in my GFs bag but it’s not comfortable to carry the longer mag. The P365 and the P365XL are both great pistols, I personally just love the XL way more.

I have both (Mass P365 w/ safety and 10-round XL w/ no safety). The XL grip is slightly longer, not as much as I thought. I still prefer the G43X grip which is longer and pretty much perfect. With my range shut down I haven't been able to shoot the XL to compare to the G43X.

The trigger on the XL and the extended beaver tail make the XL feel better than the standard one, imo. The slide is still pretty short.

If you don't have the standard model already I'd get the XL.

I’m bored lol, let me know if you want any specific angles. I decided to toss in a wildcard. I know you have weird laws so I don’t know if you have access to the Hellcat but if you are leaning P365 over the XL you have to look at the Hellcat. It’s a nice pistol.

I included the P938 since you were considering it. I don’t like the 938 at all. The trigger is trash, the take up is sloppy, it has too much creep and the break is inconsistent. To be fair I expected a 1911 quality trigger and feel like Sig delivered way off that mark. The 938 is narrow and easy to carry. I’m 6,4” and 180 pounds so I’m not stressing my rig by any means, my setup turned off the safety on my 938 100% of the times I carried it.

D4ECB177-950B-4AEC-8127-4323B873D962.jpeg98365FE9-4355-425E-92C8-382408E06253.jpegED6B948F-E251-4567-96CF-95BA0A249CB0.jpeg35E419E5-24CA-467E-915F-267C9C58D4EC.jpegA3FBB38A-7256-4654-B84B-41DAF125B262.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom