• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig P365

View attachment 217705 365 between 43 and Shield.

It's like an illusion. The Sig looks like it has the shortest grip in that first picture, but then the second pic shows the G43 with a slightly shorter grip.

P635_Compare_900c.jpg

The single stack 9mm thing is a little saturated but the P365 kind of cuts through that. If it winds up working and has a lot of support for accessories, which I expect it will, it’ll be a winner. 10+1 is hard to beat considering the size and weight. Wondering how it compares to a shield with the magguts +2 magazines.

Very sad the 12 rounders aren’t available in MA.

It's like an illusion. The Sig looks like it has the shortest grip in that first picture, but then the second pic shows the G43 with a slightly shorter grip.

P635_Compare_900c.jpg

That’s a good second angle.
No doubt the 43 is small but I’d rather carry my even smaller 938 if limiting myself to 6/7 rounds.
The fact that the sig can match those dimensions (w & h) with 10/12 rd mag is what’s awesome.
I do like the shorter barrel for a iwb, speaking as a dude that doesn’t pull his pants up to his armpits.

Well it wouldn't be a new Sig without a few minor issues:

can they claim 10 rounds if on each mag one of the 10 fails to load?

But he goes on to say he thinks it was the particular lubricant wasn't suited to the cold weather. No issues when they changed lubricants and went indoors.

Issues with either the cold or the lube or the lube in combination with the cold...if this thing is reliable/accurate/not too snappy/not ammo picky they will be selling fast in ma...I know I would want one...but if not I’ll pass...eager to see if it comes through or is a dud...like a new car model, you wait for everyone else to work out the kinks and the price to drop before you buy

Grip wall thickness must be thin due to the larger mags...wonder if it will hold up

Grip wall thickness must be thin due to the larger mags...wonder if it will hold up

yeah, not so worried about that, they can do amazing things with plastics these days. It does make you wonder why the P225-A1 has only 8 rounds, lol. Lazy redesign that was.

Interesting lookin' little guy. I reckon Sig will bring the P365 to the Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, PA in Feb. I'll def be keepin' my eye out for that. The grip looks a bit wider or squared off compared to the G43. My small hands can't really handle the girth of double stacks soooooo I'm excited to check this out if it's some weird hybrid between single/double stack.

Agreed. I can shoot Glock's fine, but would prefer a more contoured grip. Single-stack poly frame wonder-9's are a bit too SMALL in my hand. This "could" be the solution to both worlds.

Interested to see how this maganize style gets worked into full size pistols with extra high capacity. Of course we won't be able to benefit from it in Ma.

Interested to see how this maganize style gets worked into full size pistols with extra high capacity. Of course we won't be able to benefit from it in Ma.
I think they made the magazine first then designed the gun around it so this wouldn't really apply to anything that is currently being sold. Don't think other manufacturers would also design something new around a magazine patented by Sig either. So people are stuck with Sig if they want to squeeze out a few more rounds in a small package.

One of my biggest beefs with the P320 was the fact that ground up designed a new pistol and left magazine capacity at 17. If they had gone for 19 or 20, that pistol would have been so much more appealing to me.

Last edited:

I don't think that it really applies to anything where a full size double stack is already permitted by size. In guns like the p225 or p220 that have (8 round) single stacks it might be possible to squeeze in 1-2 more rounds with the staggered mag design but would probably require a major redesign that is unlikely. I think the design only applies in small form factor sweet spot. It's really a genius move by Sig considering the enormous market share for subcompact carry. If the gun works, it will slay shields, xd's, and G43's.
Big IF.

Tangent: It's stupid that the P225-A1 magazines are already handicapped by at least one round as is because they took a P239 mag and added an extended base plate that is mostly solid plastic. A purpose built magazine (or better baseplate design could add a 9/10 round capacity without adding volume. I have noticed that since discontinuing the P239 in the past months Sig has been sold out of P225-A1 mags which makes be think they were getting rid of mag body inventory before phasing out the model. We probably see 9/10 round mags for the P225 in the coming year and an expansion of the line with legion and other styles.

Last edited:
Tangent: that the stupid P225-A1 magazines are already handicapped by at least one round as is because they took a P239 mag and added an extended base plate that is mostly solid plastic. A purpose built magazine (or better baseplate design could add a 9/10 round capacity without adding volume. I have noticed that since discontinuing the P239 in the past months Sig has been sold out of P225-A1 mags which makes be think they were getting rid of mag body inventory before phasing out the model. We probably see 9/10 round mags for the P225 in the coming year and an expansion of the line with legion and other styles.

I think you may be right - I still need to claim my 2 mags + bag rebate for the P225-A1. Maybe I can wait for a 9 rounder!

One of my biggest beefs with the P320 was the fact that ground up designed a new pistol and left magazine capacity at 17. If they had gone for 19 or 20, that pistol would have been so much more appealing to me.

C'mon man! (In my best C'mon man! voice)

Another 2 or 3 rounds after 17??? It's a pistol, not a submachine gun. The problem doesn't really present itself until the 7th mag change when that extra capacity woulda negated it.

Actually, I'm just bitter that I live in MA and I'm stuck with a 10rd mag. LOL

the P365 looks promising but we're talking about carry pistols where the shield and G43 perform phenomenally. to me it's unlikely that Sig gets this P365 design hammered out from the beginning. anticipate little tweeks and "gen 2's" within 6 months. so i see the P365 as not an option for quite some time, whereas the shield and G43 (or a kahr) are good to go anytime.

the P365 looks promising but we're talking about carry pistols where the shield and G43 perform phenomenally. to me it's unlikely that Sig gets this P365 design hammered out from the beginning. anticipate little tweeks and "gen 2's" within 6 months. so i see the P365 as not an option for quite some time, whereas the shield and G43 (or a kahr) are good to go anytime.

Just like the P238 and I guess the P320. Still interested but I like my shield 45 a lot.

Back
Top Bottom