• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig Pistol Instructor course

MJM

Has anyone taken Sigs Pistol instructor course? If so how would their instructor cert differ from the NRA's?

Hi,
I haven't taken it, but was planning on it. I have taken half a dozen of SIG's pistol courses. I would assume that the pistol instructor course they offer would teach you curriculum more defensive based, as opposed to sporting/target. That is my assumption only. I have NRA HFS and Basic Pistol Instructor certification and having taken those, is would I would assume.

Jon

I'm interested in hearing more about this class too. If you could please share your experience I'd appreciate it. I've done the NRA basic pistol instructor course, but it was a little "too" NRA for me. (The "W word" crap and all that silliness.) The NRA's lesson plans are good for certain types of students but others would be bored silly.

I have taken their instructor courses up at Sig, it depends on which course you take on how it differs... I think they are both really good classes, and recomend taking both, for you will pick up a little something at each. I took the LEO Instructor courses from both, and I liked the Sig one better.

~Drew

This course is designed and geared more towards Law Enforcement/Armed Proffessional, if its the same one I'm thinking about... The term Weapon is used quite frequently, unlike the NRA courses.... The Personal Protection Instructor Course, is geared more towards CCW obviously... About 1,000 were spent in each class....

~Drew

It was $1100.00 per student for the class fee for the Semi-Automatic Instructor Course, and it was $1,000.00 for the Personal Protection Instructor course... Each course required 1,000 rounds frangible non toxic ammo only.... 9mm was $16.00 per box of 50 rounds. and we had to leave to go buy our own lunch, or you could bring your lunch and put it in the fridge if there was room in there... With travel expenses and course expenses each course was about $1,600.00 when all said an done...Only good for three years though...

~Drew

Back
Top Bottom