• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig Romeo versu Sig Romeo

Which one on a 9mm carbine? On an AR .223? On a 10/22?

Roughly $30 difference.

Or, a 4x32 traditional scope on any of the above?

SIG ROMEO ZERO REFLEX SIGHT, 6MOA
Item #: XSIGSOR01600
Brand: SIG
MSRP: $259.98
$199.99

View attachment 378971

The fastest, most accurate, ultra-compact micro reflex sight available from SIG, fits the shield optic cut.
FREE SHIPPING ON PARTS ORDERS OVER $49*

versus:

Sig Sauer Romeo5 1x20mm Compact 2 Moa Red Dot Sight, Black

612dqeTlELL._AC_SL1155_.jpg

$167.93 + FREE Shipping

Size: 1x20mm Size Chart

• 100% Other Fibers
  • Made in the USA or Imported
  • 2 MOA Red-Dot provides 10 illumination settings (8 daylight plus 2 NV) for visibility in all light conditions
  • MOTAC (Motion Activated Illumination) powers up when it senses motion and powers down when it does not. Provides for optimum operational safety and enhanced 40,000+ hour battery life
  • Integrated M1913 Picatinny interface provides industry-standard mounting options for a wide range of applications
  • Dependable waterproof (IPX-7 rated for complete water immersion up to 1 meter) and fog-proof performance
  • Includes a M1913 Picatinny low mount riser and a co-witness 1.41in riser mount

Amazon product ASIN B01C95I8N4View: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01C95I8N4/ref=as_sl_pc_tf_til?tag=&linkCode=w00&linkId=&creativeASIN=B01C95I8N4

It will depend on the distances and targets you intend to shoot at. I have a 6 moa on a pistol and carbine for USPSA and it works great for a 5x8 A zone out to about 50 yds. I have the 2 moa Romeo 5 on another rifle and it works great out to 100 yds. I have also used it out to 200 yds and done OK but that is stretching it.

You do realize that the intended use for the Romeo zero is smaller size pistols used for concealed carry. Sig has a slightly larger Romeo 1 series for full size pistols and carbines

I come from a world of iron sights and scopes. Kind of new to the red dot thing. I have a TRS 35 or 50, but haven't become comfortable with it yet. Had it off and on the .22 several times.

What are the differences/advantages/disadvantages to the 2 types of sight (tube and "flat screen")?

Doesn't putting one of those on a pistol negatively affect weight, concealment, and drawing?

Romeo 5 on all 3. If you were paying attention not too long ago you could have gotten it for under $100. I picked one up for something around $96. It sits on my 7.5" fixed mag AR pistol. Good no frills red dot.

I hear this kind of stuff all the time. Is the mini 14 really that inaccurate? I thought the newer ones didn't have that issue?

It's just mini-hate. Mine is dead nuts on at 100 yards.

Older minis will start stringing shots when the barrel heats up due to barrel whip, but newer models no longer do that.

Is it as accurate as a precision AR? No. Is it accurate enough for what it's designed to be, mainly a ranch and varmint rifle? Yes. Will you probably dump more money into it than the f***ing thing is really worth? Yeah, if you're anything like me then it's very likely. Need the adjustable gas block at the bare minimum. They're super over-gassed out of the factory.

It will depend on the distances and targets you intend to shoot at. I have a 6 moa on a pistol and carbine for USPSA and it works great for a 5x8 A zone out to about 50 yds. I have the 2 moa Romeo 5 on another rifle and it works great out to 100 yds. I have also used it out to 200 yds and done OK but that is stretching it.

You do realize that the intended use for the Romeo zero is smaller size pistols used for concealed carry. Sig has a slightly larger Romeo 1 series for full size pistols and carbines

How much of the screen does a 6 MOA dot take up? I had the Leupold with a 7.5 MOA triangle, and while I liked it, I found it difficult sometimes to see around it.

You don't so much "see around" the dot. You look at the target and place the dot over it. At normal handgun distances, I prefer the 6 moa dot, others prefer the 3 moa.

By “see around it,” I meant that the 7.5 MOA dot took up the entire screen. I do shoot with both eyes open when using it. For me, personally, the dot became the target and it rendered the dot useless. My SRO is a 2.5 MOA is much smaller and easier for me to use.

Back
Top Bottom