Sig Sauer's CROSS??

blindndead

NES Member
Coworker is asking if the Sig Sauer's CROSS is Massachusetts compliant. He has the Bass Pro flyer in hand and its advertised and he is drooling over it. Me myself i'm unsure that's why i'm asking. I see a stock that moves and don't want to give him wrong information.

Coworker is asking if the Sig Sauer's CROSS is Massachusetts compliant. He has the Bass Pro flyer in hand and its advertised and he is drooling over it. Me myself i'm unsure that's why i'm asking. I see a stock that moves and don't want to give him wrong information.

Lol, as @SgtHal75 indicates, this rifle is a bolt action, and, well, bolt/slide/pump rifles... are all exempt. There is no "compliance" BS here.

I see! So your saying this rifle could be sitting on the rack at Bass Pro? sounds like there is no reason for it not to.

I don't know what Bass Pro stocks because I've never even been inside one of them. Let's put it this way even "risk-averse deli ticket shop" would sell you one....

What would make someone drool over that gun? Does he not own any other rifles?

I don't know what Bass Pro stocks because I've never even been inside one of them. Let's put it this way even "risk-averse deli ticket shop" would sell you one....

Bass Pro is great for fishing gear, particularly for striper rods that's where I go. Reels, nah I only buy Penn and being a big store they are forced to price fix, but nobody has better rods for the $$

What would make someone drool over that gun? Does he not own any other rifles?
Hes fairly new to shooting. His son got him involved. The rifle is not my cup of tea seems like they are both on the tacticool side of things. each to his own..

Last edited:
This is neither here, nor there, but something I found interesting. If you read the reviews on Sig's own website, at least one of them mention having to give his own 2 cents after reading one of the 1 star reviews. If you then sort the reviews by lowest rating first, the lowest is 3 stars. Is Sig erasing poor reviews of this rifle?

Anyway, all the specs sound great on paper for this rifle, but man, that's kind of ugly. I suppose that doesn't matter if it can be sub MOA at distance, but still....

That looks like Sig's answer to Ruger's Precision Rifle...bizarre.
But yes, as a bolt action it's fine, it can even have an evil flash hider in addition to the shoulder thing that goes up.

That looks like Sig's answer to Ruger's Precision Rifle...bizarre.
But yes, as a bolt action it's fine, it can even have an evil flash hider in addition to the shoulder thing that goes up.

Yeah, but what about these? Are they okay too?
678418i4_ts.jpg

latest

The stock looks like it was designed by pre-school kids. Sig attempted to copy the The Fix by Q, tell your coworker to buy the original.

The Cross
1E8E547A-101F-4B86-9FA1-2E6CCB661A3E.jpeg

The Fix
E837D832-C63C-43B8-B9CA-8A3CE8D43FFD.jpeg

The stock looks like it was designed by pre-school kids. Sig attempted to copy the The Fix by Q, tell your coworker to buy the original.

The Cross
View attachment 376839

The Fix
View attachment 376838

I don’t mind its looks and don’t care if they copied from Q. Q doesn’t seem to care about making their guns very available.

That said, I just looked up the Cross on their website. Why in the world is it chambered in their “.277 Fury”? I would understand if that cartridge was actually down selected for the squad weapon program. But that competitive program is still going on. And when comparing .277 Fury against 6.5 CM when .277 Fury is just a remote possibility of service... it just doesn’t make sense. The 6.5 has great ballistics and it’s readily available. I’m baffled. Cartridge development has been ridiculous in the past 10 years. It has over saturated the market. This is like the 6mm ARC of the battle rifle cartridge world.

I don’t mind its looks and don’t care if they copied from Q. Q doesn’t seem to care about making their guns very available.

That said, I just looked up the Cross on their website. Why in the world is it chambered in their “.277 Fury”? I would understand if that cartridge was actually down selected for the squad weapon program. But that competitive program is still going on. And when comparing .277 Fury against 6.5 CM when .277 Fury is just a remote possibility of service... it just doesn’t make sense. The 6.5 has great ballistics and it’s readily available. I’m baffled. Cartridge development has been ridiculous in the past 10 years. It has over saturated the market. This is like the 6mm ARC of the battle rifle cartridge world.

Q stuff can be had but it takes some dedication, I respect your stance. I’m dying because a friend of mine and I were having this exact discussion last night. Sig is desperately trying to make the 277 Sig Fury happen. The cross will be available in 6.5 and 308, I think Sig just wanted to make a statement so the very first version is 277 Sig Fury.

Q stuff can be had but it takes some dedication, I respect your stance. I’m dying because a friend of mine and I were having this exact discussion last night. Sig is desperately trying to make the 277 Sig Fury happen. The cross will be available in 6.5 and 308, I think Sig just wanted to make a statement so the very first version is 277 Sig Fury.

I’m guessing they dumped a lot of capital into the cartridge development for the next gen squad program and are trying to recoupe at least some of it.

But I can’t help but picture Gill from the Simpsons, pleading for people to buy .277 “Fury”
“Come on, buy it for ole’ Gill.”
Gil_Gunderson.png

Last edited:
Can’t say I see much resemblance to the Fix or the Cross. They’re much more minimalist. The Ruger looks like a heavy and bulky bastard.
Fair enough if that's your opinion.

I definitely see a "connection" although I'd concede the The Fix and the Cross were designed to be lighter/more portable.

1596131881881.png
1596131914074.png
1596131947524.png

He can order one to his local store I think. Then go pick it up when it arrives. The only thing Bass Pro had last time I was there were a few handguns, all >$1k, and some small gauge hunting shot guns, and maybe some 22 rifles.

I hear what you are saying. The Q rifle is really a hunting rig and RPR is an entry into competition. There’s also a greater than 4 pound difference. I only noted Sig being the copy because Kevin left Sig to start Q.

I thought Kevin was part of AAC at one point? or did he go AAC, Sig, now his own thing?

such confuse

I thought Kevin was part of AAC at one point? or did he go AAC, Sig, now his own thing?

such confuse

You got it, founded AAC at 19, got fired by Remington after they paid him 14M lol. Then to Sig to launch the silencer line and then he left to start Q.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom