Sighting In LTR for Appleseeds?

MaverickNH

NES Member
I'm not too knowledgeable on such things, but need to sight in my LTR (18-1/2 inch barrel with Tech Sights TR200) for Appleseeds. I have a 25yd range option but not 25m. The more I search the more confused I get!!

I've seen stuff like to sight in 1/2" high at 25m, but that a POA/POI for 25m is 3/8" low at 25yd (assuming a 2.6" HOB).

So do I sight in 3/8" low + 1/2" high = 1/8" high at 25yd? ... not that I can hit that accurately (yet).

Last edited:
I'm not sure about all that stuff... but I would just recommend getting it as close as you can... you will have an opportunity to make adjustments when you are at the appleseed to perfect it anyway. Maybe someone with more appleseed experience can give you better instructions.

Just back from the range (indoor MFL) sighting in off a casual rest - boy that little 10/22 shoots nice! Shooting at the 1" black squares target, I got it tuned to 9 of 10 in 3/4" (one flyer) using CCI Standard Velocity. Those Tech Sights make all the difference!

... I'll wait until I can hit that square, standing with a sling, 3 out of 3 to get cocky. [wink]

I've got a lot to learn!

Back
Top Bottom