• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sights for my Canik TP9SF

Hey all!

So I recently purchased a Canik TP9SF and also a TP9SF Elite. As I’m sure many of you know these are the full size and mid sized versions, elite holding 15+1 and regular holding a respectable 18+1. Ive very much been enjoying them, but I have realized that as much as I love the rear Warren u notch sight on the full size, I would prefer another tritium front sight on it, or even a fiber optic similar to the elite. I have found

and would like just the front sight here and to keep the rear as is. I cannot find any specs on the height of the original front sight though and this don’t want to make a mistake. I’ll most likely be taking this to someone to install as I’m not the handiest with installing and uninstalling sights on a handgun. I would love some thoughts if possible. Thanks

Hey all!

So I recently purchased a Canik TP9SF and also a TP9SF Elite. As I’m sure many of you know these are the full size and mid sized versions, elite holding 15+1 and regular holding a respectable 18+1. Ive very much been enjoying them, but I have realized that as much as I love the rear Warren u notch sight on the full size, I would prefer another tritium front sight on it, or even a fiber optic similar to the elite. I have found

and would like just the front sight here and to keep the rear as is. I cannot find any specs on the height of the original front sight though and this don’t want to make a mistake. I’ll most likely be taking this to someone to install as I’m not the handiest with installing and uninstalling sights on a handgun. I would love some thoughts if possible. Thanks
Your link for the night sight does not have any options of selecting different height sights. The "night" sight total height is .253" I assume that since these sights are "made" for this pistol they are very close to the factory front sight. If you go with some other manufacture sights you will need to measure your front sight to maintain your current zero,
Taller front sight will shoot lower Shorter front sight will shoot higher.

Awesome suggestions thanks very much everyone. That makes sense that since they are model specific that they would be as close to “stock” as possible. I’ll see if i can confirm. Also, the calculate on the Dawson’s website seems very handy, but having depth gauge would be handy too. Again, appreciate the answers guys, will post when I figure out which to get and see how they feel.

Awesome suggestions thanks very much everyone. That makes sense that since they are model specific that they would be as close to “stock” as possible. I’ll see if i can confirm. Also, the calculate on the Dawson’s website seems very handy, but having depth gauge would be handy too. Again, appreciate the answers guys, will post when I figure out which to get and see how they feel.
if you want to change out your front sight to adjust your zero its a easy calculation.
Lets say your group center is 2" low at 25 yards (900" distance has to be converted to inches) sight radius on your pistol X( will use 6" for example)

Your correction needed 2" x sight radius 6" ÷ distance 900" (25 yards) = .013" so your sight height needs to change . 013" to move impacts 2" at 25 yards. Works for both windage and elevation front or rear sight.
Just remember front sight is opposite movement.
Shorter front sight raises point of impact
Taller Front sight lowers
Move front sight left to move point of impact right
Move front sight right to move impacts to the left.
Rear is same/same move left shots move left.

Back
Top Bottom