• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Silencer use in MA

I would ass/u/me there are very similar to the 4 elements in post #27.

The answer would not be found in MGL, but in the jury instructions. There are published "model jury instructions" at Model Jury Instructions though I don't know if there is on specifically for silencers.

Wouldn’t the feds do the charging in this case. Like possession of an illegal machine gun?

Do your research at Pew Science, it's the only independent objective silencer data available and its good. I can help you through the process, I own over 50 silencers and I can say that without a doubt the CGS silencers are the best in my subjective opinion. Also, everybody loves Jack but Gemtech sucks, they were good 30 years ago...maybe.

How do you know that I didn't get them 30 years ago? LOL. Jack.

suppressor
H. P. MAXIM SILENCER FOR GUNS Filed Feb. 21, 1921 Patented Feb. 5, 1924.
US1482805-drawings-page-1.png

Wouldn’t the feds do the charging in this case. Like possession of an illegal machine gun?
This can be charged under state or federal law, with the federal consequences more severe and almost certainly resulting time time in the big house if convicted.

This can be charged under state or federal law, with the federal consequences more severe and almost certainly resulting time time in the big house if convicted.

I wonder if the feds passed and Mass decided to charge. I don’t have a lot of experience but I know of a case or two where the feds wouldn’t charge a machine gun case and the state could not do it on their own.

The outcome really depends on how badly the state wants to get the defendant - in routine cases, it's "cut a deal and move on" .... but if the defendant pissed off the wrong people it's "we need a felony conviction, not a misdemeanor or CWOF".

So my stepson has been charged with possession of a silencer, it is actually a wix sludge filter for engines. I am aware that you can be charged for passion of a silencer based on the fact it could be used as one. Now comes fighting it in court, I had heard there are 4 elements that have to be proven in order for the charge to end in a guilty verdict. I have searched mgl multiple ways but can’t find the verbiage.

Your step son needs GOOD legal counsel ASAP do not settle for counsel that isn’t well versed in gun law.

As much as I would like to know how this happened I won’t ask do not speak about it. Please consult solid legal council for him.

I would look up Attorney Neil Tassel (also a member here) and consult with him on what can be done.

H. P. MAXIM SILENCER FOR GUNS Filed Feb. 21, 1921 Patented Feb. 5, 1924.
US1482805-drawings-page-1.png
Thank You. Should I have said. This was a good read.

Does anyone know what car a 4003 actually comes from? Or is it a generic filter for a race car/home build/equipment?

Have you tried this?…then if you’re night hunting, you can use the pillow for a little shuteye..necessity is the mother of invention.
1666147499369.jpeg

Asking for a friend?
Well the 4003 is kinda “the” fuel filter suppressor, all the “billet fuel filters” are 4003 size and shape, and I’m wondering what kind of mechanic had one too many miller lites working late on his car and had a genius idea staring at the pile of parts on his bench.
I wonder if it was a form factor thing or if he was looking for a thread chaser or barb fitting and said “hmm, I’ve seen this thread pattern somewhere before…”
And with all the number of obvious honeypots on the internet named ZOMG WIX4003 SALES DOT COM i’ve yet to find where someone’s said “yeah weirdly enough my merkur (or something else weird) had these filters, should have kept a few used ones lying around lol” or a listing that gives what vehicle they fit. You search “4617 filter” and nearly every result has 6.4 powerstroke diesel somewhere in the listing.

Back
Top Bottom