Silver Bear .223

Mike S

NES Member
I've been shooting it for a few weeks, burns clean and shoots 1" groups @ 100 yards without much trouble (iron sights)

Got it at Blue Northern, $7.25 for 20 rounds.

The only down side is that it is not re-loadable.

Get some!

I've been shooting it for a few weeks, burns clean and shoots 1" groups @ 100 yards without much trouble (iron sights)

Get some!

I tried it in a mini-14 and had a lot of feeding problems. At least one issue every five rounds.
It might be the rifle/ammo combo though.

I've heard of alot of issues with Wolf so I've been avoiding. Also, called Dick's in Leominster today to see what they had. The guy that answered had only the white box ammo at .49 cents a round... WTF?

Wolf gets a bad rap from a lot of people who have never tried it. The steel case will not hurt your gun. Is it dirty? Maybe a little bit more, but not much more than comparable brass-cased ammo.

Their .45, now that's a different story.

Didn't work for me

Get some!

I also bought a couple of packages to try it out. It would only cycle my Bushmaster about half the time. The rounds sounded funny like they were low power or something. I have one package left that I don't know what to do with.

I've been a Silver Bear user for several years and am very happy! I just picked up a 500 rnd case of 62gr HP for $145 out the door!

The coating has resulted in ZERO chamber issues on all my AR rifles!

I found it in Sturbridge for $120.00 plus tax..

I bought a case of 500 for $150. Firing out of a S&W M&P15. I have had bad feeds every 30 or so rounds and have been disposing the failed feed if damaged. Accuracy was OK-ish and wasn't terribly dirty. However, after how much of it I have tossed and at $0.30 a round I don't know if it is THAT great of a value. I can get 1000 rds of PMC for $330 ($0.33 a round) which is brass cased and does not FTF on me, so I will stick with that.

Plus all the freakin paper and staples in the package drove me nuts. It was like trying to open the bag inside a cereal box full of thumbtacks.

I tried it and had no problems in my AR but it was a bit dirtier than I like. I prefer it to the Wolf though and where I buy it, it's identically priced at $6/20 or $.30 a round. But I can get new brass cased for $.36 so I don't really bother.

Back
Top Bottom