Single Caliber Reloading Manuals ? Do They Exist?

Do they exist? I have a Lyman 49th and a Hodgdon's and they just don't have a lot of information on the most common calibers. Lyman's has 8 different bullet weights and styles for 9mm and 8 for the .45 acp. Are there any more proprietary manuals that cover a caliber in more detail.? I was looking for data tonight for two new to me bullets. A bud gave me 500 Dardas SWCFB bullets weighing 126 grains and 500 Better Bullets 115 grain lrn. I was hoping to find data for AutoComp but I have W231, WST, Titegroup and a couple others but I like AutoComp with 124 grain Bayou Bullets as well as a few others and I'm trying to get to the point where I can focus on using just one powder when loading 9mm. Is there a source for reloading manuals that focus on a single Caliber but cover a wider range of bullets and powder? It might not be possible to cover every bullet manufacturers product but maybe it could cover every bullet style and weight. 464 pages in Lyman's with two pages devoted to 9mm. I just don't see myself loading for a 416 Rigby or a 300 Remington SAUM anytime soon.
PS... Anyone have a good source of info for loading 126grain SWCFB I'd appreciate it.
TY

If the bullet company is still in business email or call them.
I have had good results emailing powder company directly and asking for specific powder and bullet

I find it relatively easy to just work up a load using my chrono. The results you get are specific to your gun.

Look at the Lyman loadbooks. Here's an example: http://www.lymanproducts.com/lyman/publications/loadbooks.php

These publications usually highlight a handful of cartridges & are centered around a theme, e.g. the most popular 30 caliber cartridges (.308 Win, .30-06, .30-30, etc.) or obsolete military cartridges (.30-40 Krag, 7.62x54 Mosin, etc.).

I have the .30 caliber booklet & it was published in 2011 so the powder list will still be mostly available.

If the bullet company is still in business email or call them.
I have had good results emailing powder company directly and asking for specific powder and bullet

I find it relatively easy to just work up a load using my chrono. The results you get are specific to your gun.

Both of these are good advice, I would also consider calling the powder manufacturer. Finally, everyone has data on the website now, I like the Hodogon/WInchester/IMR website. No real point to buying a reloading book outside of nostalgia.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom