• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Single point sling

Why would it change people's minds? There is nothing revolutionary about the sling, and the rifle still only has a single point of connection. Am I missing something?

Interesting and new design. There are a couple issues I see with it. Personally I like the extra bungee tails that can be woven in to the strong side of the molle on a flak. The problem with something that bridges the front and back plates is it can override the quick release setups on the vests that are used to shed them when in water or if immediate access to a GSW or other injury is needed. Also, when you have the strap coming across the front of the flak lengthwise you cover up things like grenade pouches. This is one of the reasons 3 points are terrible, though this is less of an issue. I personally just patrolled with my 1 point thrown over my neck, some guys didn't use slings at all.

Interesting design, and everyone likes different kinds of gear, but I think the carabiner set-up is a little cumbersome.

Mike

I have tested it extensively for over 6 years with the releasable style vests, the vests breaks away as designed unlike with a standard over the head single point sling. You have an extra step to remove the vest by having to remove the sling from over your head, with this sling all you have to do is pull the release pillow and the vest breaks away from the user. As for access to items on your vest it really does not interfere with getting to anything. My med pouch is on my left rear side I can still gain access to it no problem as for magazines and other items mounted on the MOLLE there is not any more issues you will find using other single point slings. As with any new piece of gear you wear you must train with it until you’re comfortable with it. This sling can be worn any of three ways it can be worn as a standard single point sling without a vest on or with the vest on you hook it front and back, you can remove the receiver strap the attach it to the snap link the attach it to the front of the vest for sentry or mounted patrol work. This sling acts a lot different than other slings when transitioning. When the weapon is lowered it goes directly to the shooters reaction side not strait down between the shooters legs causing a not so pleasant strike to one’s leg or worse the groin. When going hands on with a subject it moves freely behind the user’s reaction side arm keeping it from swinging around like other slings. This sling is being tested by the US Army National Guard, USCG and other federal and local agencies right now. Patent is also pending.

Back
Top Bottom